PDA

View Full Version : Ashley's old Talon for sale at DJ auto

ZacFields
02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... &cardist=2 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=238551883&dealer_id=90717&car_year=1996&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=10&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=EAGLE&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=52404&advanced=y&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=2)

Check it out. $2950. Car actually ran really well and I would assume they've fixed the idle problem on it. Not a bad price. Could probably be worked down $500 or so.

Stutz
02-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah i went there and saw it today, im looking for something to replace my gfs taraus. What all was wrong with it? It still had a crunderground sticker on it lol

ZacFields
02-16-2008, 11:48 PM
It had an idling problem. The guy at the place acted like it wouldn't be hard for them to fix it. Basically what would happen is that when you would slow down to a stop, the idle (when the car was cold) would sneak down to about 500 and sometimes it would die.

It wasn't really that bad of a problem. The car started up and ran fine. It has new struts on the front and Andrew (96eclipsegst on the forums) still has the rear struts for it that Id sell to you for cheap if you bought it.

The most annoying thing about the car was just that it leaked oil. Most people don't care about that kind of thing but it annoyed the hell out of me.

Drifte
02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
4g63 is prone to oil seap. The idle thing probably is a fairly easy fix, once its warm out and you had some free time that is. Id love to have that talon as a dd or something. To bad my gf wont sell her car and get a dsm. It is a very nice looking car.

ZacFields
02-17-2008, 11:45 AM
This one's a 420a engine I believe. Andrew and Trevor know what the oil is leaking from but I can't remember what it was. lol. I do remember it was leaking from a place where the engine would have to be pulled to fix the leak.

That car belongs in the hands of someone who enjoys working on cars, as do most DSM's. I like to do minor maintenance, but I just don't have the tools or the time to do major maintenance. I changed out a lot of sensors on it when I had it trying to fix that idle problem, probably spend $150 or more on random sensors and parts. I assume DJ Auto has fixed the problem, because if you let that car sit for more than 24 hours without starting it, you'll see the problem very easily when you first start it up.

I wish I would have just sold the car on here. I traded it into them for just $500. I probably would have sold it on here for $1,000. It's got high mileage, was missing the passenger-side door handle, and had that idling problem. But I was in a hurry to get a new car for a road trip I was going on later that week and I bought the focus as a surprise for Ashley.