PDA

View Full Version : New civic to the site!

base-op.1320
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself, I am from the Quad Cities and drag race a civic - this is a picture from a couple of years ago when it went 12.2@121mph.

http://i9.tinypic.com/312aady.jpg

RWSZ71
02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Welcome, nice civic.

DustinsDuster
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM
not too bad for FWD. welcome to the board. how'd you find out about us?

base-op.1320
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks, I have known about this site for a while now but have never registered - just curious what the scene is like in cr and what dragstrips you guys run at. Might have to make a road trip this year.

DustinsDuster
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
people seemed to have mixed views about our scene around here. it seems a lot of the Des Moines guys really dont take anything here seriously, but there are some pretty serious street driven cars around here. there are more than a few 9 second street cars running around here; some of which even went on dragweek (see this month's issue). George pretty much had the fastest import though; and he just sold his car. there are still plenty of 12 second imports around here, even a couple other 11 second ones. Jesse's Evo might be out this year as well, and that will be a pretty nasty car as well...

Drifte
02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
like the civic. what motor you do that on? all motor run too? Its a big drive for a little track but we have the cedar falls raceway here. its full 1/4, I just hear its not the greatest track. Every summer we all get together for a bbq, thats usually where we get to see everyones cars in the area.

base-op.1320
02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
like the civic. what motor you do that on? all motor run too? Its a big drive for a little track but we have the cedar falls raceway here. its full 1/4, I just hear its not the greatest track. Every summer we all get together for a bbq, thats usually where we get to see everyones cars in the area.

2 years ago I ran a b16a turbo, when I ran the 12.2 I was on 17" bfg gforce dr's and open diff. thats why I only ran 12.2 and trapped 121 - last year I had a high 12 second all motor b20\vtec (axle snapper) - this year I will be running a ls\vtec turbo setup and should run very well, hoping for high 10's - I will have to remember that bbq day and maybe come. Are there any honda's in your area, the honda section of the forum seems to be very dead

DustinsDuster
02-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Drifte's brother is a huge Honda guy, but he's pretty on and off again around these parts.

JacobS
02-18-2008, 08:57 PM
well im pretty big into the honda scene...i have a stock honda for now. i plan on doing a b16a turbo setup once i save up some money though. Most of the import guys go to tristate(earlville iowa).

TbTalon94
02-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Tri-State is a good track. Actually closer then Cedar Falls track from the Cedar Rapids area. I've had some good luck at Tri-State and so have a few other board members.

Most of us don't drive Honda's but we can all appreciate a fast Honda. Not many of us are "honda haters".

BTW if you need anything fabricated for your turbo set-up just let me know. From manifolds to charge piping.

the_know_it_all
02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
good job on the 12's
and you got a clean ek
cedarfalls is where i hit my pb
cordovas a ok track
i am racing at tri state this spring for the first time, not for any new times, just to have some fun

base-op.1320
02-21-2008, 12:01 AM
It sounds like I should check out tri state this year if I can get a good weekend to head that way - This year I am running at Great Lakes Dragway in union grove, wi for seven import wars events in the pro-fwd class. If anyone wants to see some really fast imports that is the place to check out. Thanks for the offer on the fabrication work but I am making a new manifold this year and new charge pipe for a water to air intercooler.

Stutz
02-21-2008, 01:40 AM
Tristate is the place to go to, best track imo