PDA

View Full Version : Iowa city/coraville people

Stutz
02-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Anyone up for meeting up somewhere come spring time? Like a hang out spot/mini car show?

RWSZ71
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't have a show car but i'm game.

NewSpeedSteed
02-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Not from that area but its only like 30 miles away, I'd be willing to show up.

Stutz
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Ok i was thinking like the burger king/car wash parking lot off first ave in coralville its not too big tho. Anyone have a better idea?

RWSZ71
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Sounds good, I'm hungry for burger king.

Deathinnovember
02-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I'd be down, we should probably do it some where off highway six/one. Why don't we go out by office depot by waterfront hy-vee? People would see us from the highway and I'm sure the autozone (or whatever it is) would be cool with us hanging out there..

Deathinnovember
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh I forgot to add I could invite quite a few fourth gen fbodys out there and a few other misc. cars as well.

We could possibly make this a monthly thing if all goes well? We need more activity in Iowa city, I'm fucking tired of driving up to CR and hopeing something is going down.

You'll have to definitely come down Nate, you're a honorary Iowa Cityian! You definitely spend enough time down here haha (coughmyhousecough).

NewSpeedSteed
02-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Oh I forgot to add I could invite quite a few fourth gen fbodys out there and a few other misc. cars as well.

We could possibly make this a monthly thing if all goes well? We need more activity in Iowa city, I'm fucking tired of driving up to CR and hopeing something is going down.

You'll have to definitely come down Nate, you're a honorary Iowa Cityian! You definitely spend enough time down here haha (coughmyhousecough).

Thanks man, sorry I haven't been down to the big IC lately... just been busy with work and everything (like the whole incident with best buy and my pc). Wow, theres going to be quite a few car shows/gatherings or w/e you want to call em this Spring/Summer.... about time!

Deathinnovember
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM

Thanks man, sorry I haven't been down to the big IC lately... just been busy with work and everything (like the whole incident with best buy and my pc). Wow, theres going to be quite a few car shows/gatherings or w/e you want to call em this Spring/Summer.... about time!

No doubt dude, I just really want to get something going down here in iowa city. Theres exceptions of course but a lot of the d-bag kids up in cedar rapids are getting annoying and it sucks for me driving 20 minutes than sometimes absolutely nothing going on. From my experience as well cops and business' have never had a problem with us hanging out up here as long as we're respectful and cool.

When it gets closer to good weather we'll have to setup an exact date.

Nate you should get on a messenger too :D

vr4rider
02-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I'd be down..I'm in IC.

Deathinnovember
02-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd be down..I'm in IC.

Awesome man you should definitely show up, the more the merrier. What kind of VR-4 do you have?

What kind of cars will everyone be bringing?

vr4rider
02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
It's a black 1993/1999 front end.

I'm looking forward to the spring/summer. My friend has a new Mustang GT black with white stripes so he'll be there too.

T

RWSZ71
02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Sounds like there's gonna be some neat rides. I'll probly bring my '87 cutlass, the 355 isn't quite done yet so we'll see. Worst case scenario could bring the bike.

Stutz
02-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I will be prolly bringing a grand prix hopefully will have some more apperance stuff done by then but i could get some more people to come:
two regal gs with basic mods (3.4" pulley, dp, pcm, etc.)
gtp (exhaust and system)
roommates 350z
coblat ss (non supercharged :? )

Stutz
02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
The old cub foods by walmart would hold a lot of cars too. I cant wait til spring.

Deathinnovember
02-11-2008, 12:03 PM
It's a black 1993/1999 front end.

I'm looking forward to the spring/summer. My friend has a new Mustang GT black with white stripes so he'll be there too.

T

I remember looking at that car awhile ago with a friend of mine named Jesse, I was intersted in buying it. It has to be the same car.

But for sure this should definitely be fun, I fucking hate winter, bring on the good weather!

vr4rider
02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
It's the same car:)

black88gt
02-12-2008, 09:59 AM
a lot of the d-bag kids up in cedar rapids are getting annoying
what are ya trying to say there Marc

just kidding

Deathinnovember
02-12-2008, 02:23 PM
a lot of the d-bag kids up in cedar rapids are getting annoying
what are ya trying to say there Marc

just kidding

Yeah, I notice how absolutely no one argued that point LOL.

DustinsDuster
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
i just hang out with the cool kids and avoid the problem all together...

Deathinnovember
02-12-2008, 08:18 PM
i just hang out with the cool kids and avoid the problem all together...

What are you talking about Dustin, you are the cool kids.

DustinsDuster
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
i have my moments. there are a decent amount of cool people here though; you just need to know where to look.

Deathinnovember
02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
i have my moments. there are a decent amount of cool people here though; you just need to know where to look.

Haha it was just a empty comment, some of my better friends live up in cedar rapids (Ie nathan).

Don't be modest Dustin, You put Christopher walken to shame.

DustinsDuster
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
i dont know man; Christopher Walken, Steve Buscemi and i once got together to see if collectivley we could be cooler than Chuck Norris, but then Jean Claude Van Damme showed up and managed to set us back so far that there was no chance for us. im still trying to catch back up to those two...

Domestic Disturbance
02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I'll go. I'm from CR but I know most of you and I'm all down for the gatherings.

ya van damme is a real anchor on the cool meter
http://www.toastedpixel.com/comic/clips/dancing/breakin.gif

Ricky
02-13-2008, 07:00 AM

Peresent

DustinsDuster
02-13-2008, 02:43 PM

Peresent

except you, Colton, and Matt have never called me to go out drinking with you guys. and you didnt spell "present" correctly.

Ricky
02-13-2008, 10:34 PM

Peresent

except you, Colton, and Matt have never called me to go out drinking with you guys. and you didnt spell "present" correctly.

I dont know im going drinking untill 5 minutes before we leave and colton and matt are up at UNI so i never call when im up there.

Also you should be used to me spelling things wrong.

belittle
02-18-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm game. I'll be in IC this weekend. Hopefully have either of my eclipse's running by then.

Deathinnovember
02-18-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm game. I'll be in IC this weekend. Hopefully have either of my eclipse's running by then.

You'll definitely have to come this summer, but I don't think it's going to be even close to nice enough for me to come out this weekend :D

Domestic Disturbance
02-18-2008, 01:32 PM
bring out the Denali! WHOOP WHOOP ill bring the blue whale

Deathinnovember
02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
bring out the Denali! WHOOP WHOOP ill bring the blue whale

Hell yeah! Than you can bring out the ballin' mini van!

amoander
02-18-2008, 10:34 PM
As usual im always game just pm me, been real buisy lately to i will try to check on line more often.

belittle
02-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Replace weekend with summer and the comment makes more sense :)

Deathinnovember
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Replace weekend with summer and the comment makes more sense :)

I don't know, I just thought you we're being a little ambitious. Optimism is OK in small amounts :D.

derek072887
03-19-2008, 11:44 AM
ill come out with a couple friends, an audi s4 2.7tt and probably a subaru svx or my old mx6 gt.. and possibly a couple more. get dates and a place. i like the hwy 6/1 idea. right by taco bell. food and fun.

Deathinnovember
03-19-2008, 07:04 PM
ill come out with a couple friends, an audi s4 2.7tt and probably a subaru svx or my old mx6 gt.. and possibly a couple more. get dates and a place. i like the hwy 6/1 idea. right by taco bell. food and fun.

For sure, now that the weather is getting nice we're getting a bit closer to this. My car won't be out of storage until all the salt and sand is off the road though.

Luminatorz34
03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
i spose i could swing by with the maro this summa too.

Stutz
04-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Well its getting warmer out.......

Drifte
04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
and then it gets cold again. Whenever Im near CR or IC I tend to be extremely busy with stuff and can never hang out. One of these times Dustin, he you like bowling?

Bryan to, I have to wander his parts bins some day, see how much of my money I can give em, then get em to take me out for some beers too.

You guys pick a few dates to meet, I'll do my best to attend, CF has its own scene I like to check out too.

derek072887
05-10-2008, 11:03 PM
well boys when we gonna do some meets?? the s4 won't be comin out till it gets a new clutch but the same guy just bought a 2006 audi a6 so maybe well roll down in that.. anyways lets get some dates set up so we can get this rollin.

Stutz
05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Sunday afternoon/night is the only time i dont have anything going on.. I been having some cars rev at me and take off on hwy 1 lately.

belittle
05-20-2008, 07:30 AM
How about dem' biker boyz? Can't get enough of them.

derek072887
05-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Yea the bikers in ic r hilarious. u can tell which ones have their first bikes or first crotch rockets, they cant get enough of their own exhaust. they sit at lights and just rev and rev. its funny to watch them take off and almost kill it then go hammer down only to have to stop at the next light.

Stutz
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I hate it when they snake their way up in between lanes at stop lights. There is a lot of dumbass bike riders out there it seems.

Deathinnovember
06-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Well guys, lets get things going. When works best for all of you? Maybe we can have a little drinky drink at my house afterwards.

derek072887
07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
well my 21st is the 28th and i am going to be dt on sat night at the field house for my party but we could have a nice chill friday night. the audi is put back together and stg. 3!!!!! 450awhp baby.Whoop whoop. i wouldn't mind doing something b4 that and we could even go back to my place afterwards. i live on keokuk st. in the keokuk appts. lets plan to meet this friday night in front of kmart and like 9? or sooner or later??

if u have any questions u can give me a call at 319-461-5040 if i don't answer leave a message. i don't like to answer numbers i don't know.

Stutz
07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I dont even live in coralville anymore :( stupid floods

Domestic Disturbance
07-13-2008, 11:38 PM
i work there everyday but i dont live there

Deathinnovember
07-16-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd be down for friday night, I could get a few cars together. I'd say a bit earlier than 9 though, maybe a few people will see us during the day time than stop. But why don't all of us go ahead and plan this for sure for the 27th on friday, in the k-mart parking lot. All of this depends if the weather is nice too. I don't drive the Corvette in the rain.

NewSpeedSteed
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd like to come, I might have plans though. Looking at the forecast though it doesn't look good. They are calling for rain Friday through Monday I think. Anyway let me know if plans change or the weather clears up.

Deathinnovember
07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
I'd like to come, I might have plans though. Looking at the forecast though it doesn't look good. They are calling for rain Friday through Monday I think. Anyway let me know if plans change or the weather clears up.

Nate you have to come mang! You know you'll be there if the weather is nice.

Deathinnovember
07-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh yeah, by the 27th on friday I meant the 25th on friday. I think thats what time Derek was mentioning meeting up as well.

derek072887
07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
yes that is when i was talking about. plus my 21st bday will be the following weekend at jakes!!! no car meet that night ill be way fucked up by like 7

Deathinnovember
07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
yes that is when i was talking about. plus my 21st bday will be the following weekend at jakes!!! no car meet that night ill be way fucked up by like 7

For sure, So who is all down for this? I'm definitely down, I'm also up for some partying afterwards. Drinking and cars the only thing you're missing from that equation is woman.

Stutz
07-19-2008, 01:50 AM
The kmart parking lot is about as ghetto as iowa city gets.

derek072887
07-19-2008, 08:04 AM
then don't come we won't miss you........

CivicPRO
07-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Sounds gud, its right next to my house. Maybe if my car is fully ill drive that down but, if not ill just coem and check it out.

Deathinnovember
07-19-2008, 09:24 PM
The kmart parking lot is about as ghetto as iowa city gets.

The Ghetto of Iowa City Is comparable to a middle class area in Chicago. So I suppose we could carry some mase with us.

derek072887
07-19-2008, 10:01 PM
yo civic pro where do u live?? i live in the keokuk appts just down the street from kmart...

CivicPRO
07-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I live a minute away, on sandusky dr. Its not too far from kmart.

derek072887
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
i don't know where that is lol oh well

Stutz
07-20-2008, 04:51 PM

Maybe u can show off your moms boyfriends car that you claimed was yours and it was going to run 11s

:bigthumb:

CivicPRO
07-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Sandusky Is like connected to broadway. and also keokuk.

derek072887
07-20-2008, 06:39 PM

Maybe u can show off your moms boyfriends car that you claimed was yours and it was going to run 11s

i never claimed it was mine and and it is going to run 11's as of monday it will run 11's. it gets picked up from the dealer on monday. dude u shouldn't even show up. u ain't got shit to show except a green grand prix gt with BLACK and chrome wheels....... you are what most people call ricer. just buy anything u can that will fit on the car and slap it on......

Deathinnovember
07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh lord, can't we all just chill out and hang out on the 25th? You're going to start making us Iowa Cityians look like CR Kids ... no offense most of the pople on this forum lol.

derek072887
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
oh so true but that kid has been talking shit as long as i can remember.....

Stutz
07-20-2008, 11:59 PM

i never claimed it was mine and and it is going to run 11's as of monday it will run 11's. it gets picked up from the dealer on monday. dude u shouldn't even show up. u ain't got shit to show except a green grand prix gt with BLACK and chrome wheels....... you are what most people call ricer. just buy anything u can that will fit on the car and slap it on......

You have to be a member to see the threads i think
http://iawbody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1135
http://iawbody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095&page=4

fixed it for u... and i do have the 6 speed version and its not stock!! it has an APR 93 octane chip, borla exhaust, milltek down pipes, short throw, 18's, and sasmco hoses over 380ft/lb 310hp ill run any of u from a roll!!! and most from a dig!!! in 2 months the car will be in for some down time getting apr's stage 3 turbo upgrade. will bring it to 500ft/lb and 485 hp

i was going to take a screen shot of my ebay page thats says i bought the car.....

[quote:emfw4cpb]i know i have the advantage with AWD from a dig but it will have bigger turbo's in about 2 months for better top end..... bigger turbo's means longer torque curve..... u must have been born yesterday since u didn't know that.... and rodney ur car is one i would like to race from a roll! and i would deff try from a dig. and jw but have any of u EVER launched an awd car??? didn't think so. this is my first AWD car and i am not used to launching!

and the car will be at the track as soon as they are open! ill will race any of u!! ill even put money on it...[/quote:emfw4cpb]

You got me, black rims with a polished lip on a green car is a ricer. Im sorry my dd isnt as baller as your 1990 mx6 or that 93 bonneville you use to own. Do you even own a car?? Just buy anything i can and slap it on?? You just said your moms boyfriends car was at the dealer getting worked on :roll:

Domestic Disturbance
07-21-2008, 02:02 AM
atleast he owns his own car to talk shit with. thats a good start

Deathinnovember
07-21-2008, 02:41 AM

Wait so Derek doesn't own the A4? I'm confused, argueing is stupid I'm sorry.

DustinsDuster
07-21-2008, 03:34 AM
from what i can decipher, the car is his stepdad's...

FiFdYnUtZ
07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
derek is a FAAAAAAGG! haha get a life poser..

derek072887
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM

Wait so Derek doesn't own the A4? I'm confused, argueing is stupid I'm sorry.

no its my stepdad's like i told everyone on this forum.

derek072887
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
[quote=derek072887]then don't come we won't miss you........

You have to be a member to see the threads i think
http://iawbody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1135
http://iawbody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095&page=4

fixed it for u... and i do have the 6 speed version and its not stock!! it has an APR 93 octane chip, borla exhaust, milltek down pipes, short throw, 18's, and sasmco hoses over 380ft/lb 310hp ill run any of u from a roll!!! and most from a dig!!! in 2 months the car will be in for some down time getting apr's stage 3 turbo upgrade. will bring it to 500ft/lb and 485 hp

i was going to take a screen shot of my ebay page thats says i bought the car.....

[quote:1v3gzpgs]i know i have the advantage with AWD from a dig but it will have bigger turbo's in about 2 months for better top end..... bigger turbo's means longer torque curve..... u must have been born yesterday since u didn't know that.... and rodney ur car is one i would like to race from a roll! and i would deff try from a dig. and jw but have any of u EVER launched an awd car??? didn't think so. this is my first AWD car and i am not used to launching!

and the car will be at the track as soon as they are open! ill will race any of u!! ill even put money on it...[/quote:1v3gzpgs]

You got me, black rims with a polished lip on a green car is a ricer. Im sorry my dd isnt as baller as your 1990 mx6 or that 93 bonneville you use to own. Do you even own a car?? Just buy anything i can and slap it on?? You just said your moms boyfriends car was at the dealer getting worked on :roll:[/quote:1v3gzpgs]

just because i say doesn't mean i mean it is mine...... it's in my family and i drive it........ and yes the car is at the dealer gettin the kit put on. cause if he pays them then there is a warranty dipshit...

derek072887
07-21-2008, 05:14 PM
oh and atlest my mazda and bonneville had some balls... and i did do all the work on them just to make things clear!!

Stutz
07-21-2008, 11:24 PM
If you didnt mean the car was yours why did you post that you bought it off ebay?
I have done all the work on all of my cars also. Sorry but my grand prix is a hell of a lot nicer then any car you have ever owned (kinda sad nothing special about a grand prix just a decent dd). So you dont even own a car right now, whats the point of being on a car forum with no car? My S10 would put bus lengths on anything u have ever owned and its just a shitty old pickup.

Btw black rims with a polished lip look a million times better then just black rims, and how is black rims on a yellow car any better then black rims on a dark green car??

You never did answer what on my car is rice?

Fifdy summed it all up...

CivicPRO
07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
We shuld do the meet sometime this week =o Thursday nite? or something

Deathinnovember
07-22-2008, 02:08 AM

Fuck, I don't know man. I just want to meet straight up without all this drama bull shit. Lets just have a good time.

NewSpeedSteed
07-22-2008, 04:38 AM

Fuck, I don't know man. I just want to meet straight up without all this drama bull shit. Lets just have a good time.

+1

CivicPRO
07-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Ok how bout tonite then? Im sure tonite some would be free, I know I am. Just puting an Idea out there.

Stutz
07-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Sorry bout that, moved a couple posts to a new topic so no more bs in this thread. I made this thread to get a friendly get together in iowa city lets keep it that way. Sorry to all the users that had to deal with that.

CivicPRO
07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
So yeah, tonite? or some other time.

derek072887
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
i can't until later tonight if at all.

NewSpeedSteed
07-25-2008, 03:02 PM
So is this deal still on?
Its Friday the 25th and yeah, just curious if people are still planning on attending this or what?

derek072887
07-26-2008, 11:55 AM
seems like anyone that would show up can't afford a computer at their house so they only get on at work..... so this is gonna be kinda hard to set up..........

Stutz
07-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Prolly going to need to set up a date well in advance.

derek072887
07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
well i think we decided on the 25th over a weekago....... i would think that is well enough in advance..... this is your thread you make the decisions.......

NewSpeedSteed
07-27-2008, 02:05 PM
I think we should set something up a week in advanced (any longer than that and the weather won't be as predictable) and just have a time and place where everyone shows up and go from there. I was planning on 5pm last Friday at K-Mart or whatever but I started hearing so many different things, like "were meeting tonight?" or "so and so days good for me" and it got stupid after a lil bit. I'm all for setting up a time and place and just showing up, but lets get a lil more organized.

Stutz
07-27-2008, 08:28 PM
^ Very well put, someone wants to organize this go ahead i wont be able to make it unless its a sat. or sun. anyway