PDA

View Full Version : Floor pan / body repair in CR?

Fire Hawk
02-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that is able to fix a floor pan on cars that's really good? My bro is looking at a 89 firebird and the body is excellent shape but the floor pan needs some attention in a couple places. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on who does that type of work and rougly how much it'd cost to have patched/fixed??

DustinsDuster
02-03-2008, 11:16 AM
any competant bodyshop should be able to do this, but i would suggest you lean towards a chassis shop. Zookeeper or some other chassis builder should be able to do this no problem.

on a side note, what happened to your brother's old firebird?

Fire Hawk
02-03-2008, 11:55 AM
He still has it, the body on that one though is ate through in so many different spots on the body it would need a lot of metal to fix it up; and the interior of his car needs attention also. He's been looking for something else with good solid foundation to work from. The one he's looking at now is solid body wise but the floor pan again needs the attention. Plus the car is coming with extras that would be very useful. Where is zookeeper anyways? and any ideas roughly how much they'd charge to patch/fix up the floor pan?

DustinsDuster
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
its really going to depend on how bad the floors really are, and what they need done. i really couldnt tell you, because i just patched in the floos and everything else on my Duster myself.

as far as i know, Zookeeper is still in Marion, behind Holub construction on the south end of 35th street. look in the phonebook for other chassis shops as well.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-03-2008, 03:08 PM
You can take it by my parent's shop on 16th ave..... 5 Seasons Auto Rebuilders. I know people ask all the time who is the best/cheapest.... You really get what you pay for from a shop. Most of the time at a shop you pay a little more from you also get some kind of warranty against the work they did going bad. Just my two cents, but pay a little more and you get more as well. However the problem with an older car like a firebird is the repair jobs are usually equal in price to the value of the car so I hope you really want to keep this car for a long time!