PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod mag this month

69gt4speed
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
I usually don't endorse hot rod but this month a lot of good info, pics and news.

First there is drag week coverage w a couple of locals featured... :supz: A nova and a grand national. Couple of stang fe guys I know and talk to, who would think a old fe would go mid 8's. Couple of twin turbos of chevy lineage, very impressive.
The new scoop on the chevy nascar motor say hello ford cleveland, distributor in front, canted valves, fuel pump on drivers side.
A few pics of the new ford mod motor say sohc w a twisted hemi chamber ala boss 429 peanut chamber, cross bolt iron block on 4.54 bore spacing. 6.2l intially.
Crate engines, the viper, bullit, a blown chevy ls mtr. etc.

Scott
01-25-2008, 07:10 AM
yeah that new chevy engine really cracked me up, I saw a picture of it thumbing through the pages and I first thought it was cool ford engine till I read it. but who wouldnt want to copy the ford cleveland motor, a few refinements on the heads and block and you got the best of both worlds, a really wide torque curve and lots of rpm..

69gt4speed
01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Its all good to me, I guess have some custom valve covers made up saying ford and dodge probably be the nascar standard like the nhra nitro classes.

DustinsDuster
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
x2 on the Nascar chevy motor. i was looking at it thinking "i guess Chevy finally looked over at what Ford did a few decades ago..."