PDA

View Full Version : Street race gone bad!

allgo
01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
this right here is why I dont like racing on the street anymore with a high hp car!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_GI_6kqwE

DustinsDuster
01-14-2008, 06:20 PM
wish the camera man wasnt such a douche with tourettes so i really couldve seen what happened. as much as i could tell, the car in the right lane got squirrly, went across the other lane and hit the light pole. did the other car get hit?

snickerlicker
01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Yep, 2 people died in that one. Not good at all!

DustinsDuster
01-14-2008, 07:02 PM
apparently one of the two who died was shot to death!:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15043532/detail.html#

amoander
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Whats the difference between hitting the wall at 130+ at the track and a pole on the street, not much. I do agree with you allgo it is far more dangerous and difficult driving higher hp cars on the street. I know the coupe gets very hairy on the streets far more then the track when it starts to break loose and breaks lose more suddently and scares the $hit out of compared to the GT and the coupe only runs high 10's low 11's under 130trap, image low 10's high 9's!

allgo
01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Whats the difference between hitting the wall at 130+ at the track and a pole on the street, not much. I do agree with you allgo it is far more dangerous and difficult driving higher hp cars on the street. I know the coupe gets very hairy on the streets far more then the track when it starts to break loose and breaks lose more suddently and scares the $hit out of compared to the GT and the coupe only runs high 10's low 11's under 130trap, image low 10's high 9's!

Theres a huge difference, track is prepped and CLEAN the streets have dust crap and you name it all over it,so I dont think your going to lose control because of all the shit all over, and I would rather hit a wall at the track and stay on the track then smack a pole on a side street.

amoander
01-15-2008, 08:15 PM
I agree allgo, just saying its gonna hurt hitting anything at 120+

allgo
01-15-2008, 10:21 PM
I agree allgo, just saying its gonna hurt hitting anything at 120+
True

69gt4speed
01-16-2008, 02:40 AM
Theres a huge difference, track is prepped and CLEAN ....

That's not always true. That's one reason you sign a waiver. So the track will not be held responsible in case someone dumps antifreeze or oil on the track before you run and the track ppl don't see it. I say expect Nothing. I agree a guard rail/fence is a big improvement over the old days. But there is no rail between lanes down the track. I suspect sooner or later they will put one in and widen the track a bit to run the nitro cars.