PDA

View Full Version : check out wtf ford did.

lil krumm
01-12-2008, 01:12 AM
according to this even though you may own your car, ford owns all rights to it. so you cant legally post pictures of your car?? seriously wtf ford.

http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402&page=3

link starts you out on page 3 where it all starts.

slobalt
01-12-2008, 08:02 AM
I think Ford is just pissed cause Toyota is now number 2 in sales and they're taking it out on the little guy...... :)

amoander
01-12-2008, 08:08 AM
i don't know alot about copy right laws, but if they believe your trying to make money off of a vehicle etc, even if you own it they have the legal right to stop you. Pluse a big company sneezes and most people just to attention.

Stutz
01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
thats stupid

JustinS
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Seems like Ford is trying hammer the final nail in their own coffin. . .

lil krumm
01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
here is there update thread

http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42681

DustinsDuster
01-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Seems like Ford is trying hammer the final nail in their own coffin. . .

kindof what i was thinking...

biohazard
01-12-2008, 09:09 PM
You know, I have never heard of Chrysler doing this. In fact, I know that Chrysler has someone over at Dodge Forums for feedback and other information. I think my first new car will be a Dodge.

69gt4speed
01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
They have ford ppl over at svtperformance and modfords, stangnet no one has said squat. Let them sue me... From now ON I'll put a disclaimer in, posting of any pics of my car is my own decision, any issues contact me. Ya I know ppl got sued over the cobra kits...which I thought was bs also. Factory five I believe. But that was a product not a picture, but artists can sue someone that copies their picture. Sony can sue for someone copies their dvd or cd or game. I say, ya know what I say. Same with microsoft.
The Judgment - August 22, 2002 8:15pm

In the matter of.... CARROLL SHELBY LICENSING, INC., SHELBY AMERICAN, INC. and FORD MOTOR COMPANY vs SUPERFORMANCE INT'L, INC. d/b/a SUPERFORMANCE COMPLETE REPLICARS

Ford, Shelby Claim Against Replica Maker Dismissed
Ford, Shelby Claim Against Replica Maker Dismissed

Boston, Aug. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co. and race-car designer Carroll Shelby's vintage 1960s Cobra sports car doesn't have a distinctive enough shape to stop a supplier from selling kits to make replicas of it, a federal judge in Boston ruled.

Ford and Shelby's company, Las Vegas-based Shelby American Inc., sued Superformance International Inc. in December 2000, saying the supplier of sports car kits was illegally using the design of Cobra cars built by Shelby in the 1960s. U.S. District Court Judge Rya Zobel dismissed Ford and Shelby's counterfeiting claims, saying that Shelby couldn't establish the Cobra shape was distinctive enough to merit protection. The judge didn't dismiss claims related to other Cobra trademarks.

Shelby failed to "present any evidence that consumers associate the Cobra design with Shelby, and Shelby alone,'' the judge wrote in a ruling released yesterday. Zobel also found that jurors couldn't reasonably find for Ford on its counterfeiting claims because Superformance, which does business as Superformance Complete Replicars, used the Cobra mark on products not covered by Ford's registration. In February, Zobel ruled Wareham, Massachusetts-based Factory Five Racing Inc. couldn't sell replicas of Shelby cars.

69gt4speed
01-13-2008, 12:37 AM
lil krumm, btw why should u give a sh-t anyway. U and beck are gm all the way pretty much and hate furd. Ya walk where the devil dances.... I laugh each day when I see that.

Stang5oh93
01-13-2008, 07:19 AM
This is about the almighty dollar, Ford wants Royalties from the calendar they are trying to seel even though the club isn't making any money on them.

Domestic Disturbance
01-13-2008, 11:35 PM
what the hell? does BMC stand for black mustang club? now i've seen everything

lil krumm
01-14-2008, 09:55 AM
lil krumm, btw why should u give a sh-t anyway. U and beck are gm all the way pretty much and hate furd. Ya walk where the devil dances.... I laugh each day when I see that.

fuckin right we walk where the devil dances. some one has too :supz: . and your right why should i give a shit about this???? because its proof on how much ford sucks, so i thought i would inform you ford boys of the truth. lol.

69gt4speed
01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Dude I hate to inform you but they all suck imo. Right now gm is working on taking away more employee retirements and benefits. And we have not even gotten the chinese/india cars yet. I really don't care about pics, I care about ppls jobs supporting their family cause if they can't, others will have to do it. That you have enough money to have a lil fun.

Stutz
01-14-2008, 11:41 PM
No shit keep our factorys in the us making car parts otherwise i will be out a job!

Stang5oh93
01-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Update: Ford has authorized BMC to continue creating and selling their calendars. Kudos to Ford to helping resolve the issue. Ford's beef was with Cafe Press and items they were selling.

http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402

69gt4speed
01-16-2008, 11:33 AM
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42820

The Black Mustang Club, and any other Ford enthusiast club, are free to take pictures of their own vehicles for use in calendars or other materials as long as they don't use Ford trademarks in products that will be sold.