PDA

View Full Version : make u think vid!!

allgo
01-10-2008, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkyRvW1c ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkyRvW1cBB4&feature=related)

DustinsDuster
01-10-2008, 08:00 PM
makes me feel even better about being as aprehensive as i am about street racing...

TbTalon94
01-11-2008, 07:28 AM
He was driving fast and stupid in the rain? Why...

I feel sorry for the kid and it's great that he pulled through it and still looks like himself. Pretty shitty when someone has to go through that to learn a lesson.

Stang5oh93
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm glad they didn't have the facial pictures fully focused in the video! I don't think it would have been pretty.

69gt4speed
01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
makes me feel even better about being as aprehensive as i am about street racing...

Here we go again... I hate being a azz but let's examine that... The kid had the car for 4 months just long enough to get over being scared driving it. He then does dumb stuff. He gets hurt. Street racing imo has nothing to do with it. Dumb sh-t has a lot to do with it and inexperience. More ppl get crashed by dumb azzes in a mini van. Or over the road dudes falling asleep. The track isn't much better nor the salt flats nor the road course or rally course sh-t happens. You try w ur equipment and skill to keep it from happening.

Make it better, we get a inexperienced driver to drive that new india car if he/she makes it for a yr great. Let nature take its course.

I just get tired of ppl blaming this when it is dumb things you or others do. I don't condone any illegal activity but if I did do stuff my ol lady would ride w me no problemo. As far as I can tell only marks on my cars are from dumb azzes backing/running into my cars. Be vigilant, keep off the cell, life will be better. The world is a dangerous place. I'm sorry this guy got messed up, (like my ankle) u need to pay attention to bad conditions and dumb azzes. I trusted others, it fkd me. We had 2 young guys just recent fk up their hands bad at work, inexperience and did dumb stuff. Nothing to do w street racing.... Not a personal attack of any sort, I care u all do good and are successful.

69gt4speed
01-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Btw Dustin, know I am bs you. However when I saw that dude at work cut his hand that bad and had lots of stitches i felt bad for him. He was new, young, trying to do ok. But he failed to wear the kevlar and slipped. That blade went through that leather glove like a knife through butter. We've had 4 fk their hands up bad last couple of yrs. All mistakes.

DustinsDuster
01-12-2008, 05:34 PM
i wasnt blaming him or even calling the kid a dumbass. i am aprehensive about speeding around on streets not only for the fear of getting caught, but also the unknown factor. there are things we have no control over and anything can happen. a good way to avoid something bad is to not give it a chance to happen; at least thats the way i try to think about it most times.

amoander
01-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree with you for the most part Rob, sorry for bout that kid. I know the risks, better then some people, but i see more people in the hospital due to MVAs (not associated with racing etc.), drunkin falls, lawnmower accidents, fights, abuse and around the house falls than anything. Around the house accidents are #1!!!! Guess i should just stay in bed so i dont' get hurt!

sLoWnStEaDy
01-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah, i had a much more "up close and personal" experience a few years back...

Dont want to give names or the location or anything like that as i do not know if the law can still come back and/or the insurance company that had to pay fo rher new car but... a couple friends of mine where racing around here and the one was... we'll say "not a very experienced" driver. Rather than watching where he was going, he was watching my buddy that he was racing. unded up hitting a curve at about 110MPH. Hit a sign which flipped him about 6-8 times OVER a road and into a field. Luckily he only had a few staples, stictches bandages etc... his girlfriend was in the car as well (stupid!! but it was her car so she insisted) busted her elbow, shoulder and cracked her head open. I was sitting up at the start line with a few others watching and had to drive down to find them both pretty messed up! Had to pull her out of the car and try to get my buddy to stay down as he was bleeding like crazy. Took off one of my shirts, wrapped it around his head and had one of the others hold him down.

DustinsDuster
01-12-2008, 07:20 PM
i think the whole conversation can be summed up in one sentance:

"don't be dumbass, ok?"