PDA

View Full Version : What's the fastest lsx car car running et/speed?

69gt4speed
01-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Just as it says I searched but heck I don't know where to look or what to look under...
Best I found is Casper t/t w a 6.86 at 205
http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-Casper-2.aspx

Ok real reason I asked is 2 mod motors have gone quicker than that... John Mihovetz of accufab at a 6.35 @ 221 mph and Steve Matusek of aeromotive at a 6.54 at 215.48 mph.
That mustang is mighty impressive considering it's a brick body compared to a sleek cougar.
http://www.accufabracing.com/images/record635.jpg

Enlighten me.

Domestic Disturbance
01-04-2008, 12:42 AM
I know that that time from w2w's car is as of last spring, but unfortunately ls1techs database is down so i give up looking haha. There's a high possibility of a quicker time since the new release of the LSX block last spring.

69gt4speed
01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Thank's I appreciate it. Maybe Zee or fbody knows.

I saw casper is running a iron block so I wondered if the ls1 alum was a lil weak or something. I myself like a iron from exp but that gt ford block seems pretty good. U would think the lsx alum would be as good also. Chrysler has no real issues in top fuel w alum. I know both the mod mtrs are a square bore stroke cause of bore spacing and piston speeds. Yet I am happy it seems to hold the boost and run w the big c.i. If u would have told me 281/330 c.i. would run 6's in 70's I'd say u are on something. Mihovetz said he got 60+ passes without a refresh on the accufab site. I like both of those places cause they make their own stuff here. And it's good stuff Dustin had a used fuel pump didn't see it fail.

ZEE
01-04-2008, 10:06 PM
That car puts out 1900 Hp. I don't think the aluminum block is good for that high. That's why the iron block. The block he uses is a 6.0 liter truck block that's been filled etc. Total ci is 352. The LSX block hadn't been released yet. With the LS style heads having only 10 head bolts they have a bad habit of lifting under high boost. He's running 32# of boost and having hard time keeping the heads from lifting and eating head gaskets. With the steel LSX block which has more head bolts it would be interesting how much boost you could pump into that. I haven't heard of any one using the new block yet. I don't even know if anybody makes a head yet that utilizes the extra head bolt configuration. As far as I know that is the fastest recorded LS1.

69gt4speed
01-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks Zee for the info, I appreciate it.

Domestic Disturbance
01-05-2008, 02:03 PM
i think c5r head are 6 bolts/cylinder arent they?

firstonraceday96
01-05-2008, 06:32 PM
That aeromotive car is fucking insane impressive.2000 horse out of a gt500 motor running faster times in a class with 800+ ci motors is just badass. Mod motors rule the world :supz:

ZEE
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
i think c5r head are 6 bolts/cylinder arent they?

No. The c5r heads are only four bolt/cyl. Gm is supposed to come out with a LSX head someday. The prototype head was on the LSX engine at it's introduction at SEMA.

69gt4speed
01-05-2008, 11:19 PM
The cougar was 281 c.i. w a teksid block and b heads. twin 76's. Matusek is a gt block w darton sleeves and destroked crank 3.7" x 3.7" twin 76's.

However I think it is too early to say they rule. Like Zee said no one has done the lsx yet. And the chrysler looks promising, hell it's a new motor compared to a mod or a ls series. maybe that mexican alum is good. The italian alum is good. Bean counters I tell ya I'd be much happier w a mod w sbf bore spacing. Then we could brag more possibly. For sure on the street. Engine masters this series has a 720 blown hemi. I see they say 500hp is max w hyper pistons and powdered rods. Who knows the block rating.

ZEE
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
After doing a little more poking around their are 2 companies making 6 bolt/cyl heads. ETPerformance makes a set. 7 grand a pop! All Pro heads also makes one. Couldn't find a price but I bet their comparable to the ETP's.

69gt4speed
01-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Well that's not a big deal for someone that runs in those classes, just us poor azzes. I would imagine given possible head flows and mo c.i. it could do better w a good block. Hard to argue w c.i. if all else is good. Those classes may have some xxx formula of c.i. vs weight and turbo size. They always do. Then they refactor it if anyone dominates. Got to have parity, that cougar was winning in the import events, then they banned it more or less.