PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ RB25DET

SlideStyle.net
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I think the time has come... I'm going to try to part with my S14. I have had this car for almost 5 years. I originally purchased it as a bone stock 1995 SE 5spd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Since then I have swapped a series 2 R33 RB25DET and done many suspension and body mods. We have had this car in 5 different Drift Day events put on by Club FR.
I would like to sell the car complete as is. I'll start asking price at $12,000. Curious if you guys think this is a legit asking price. Everyone knows that I have atleast twice that amount invested in the car. If I do not get any interest we will begin to part the car out sometime this winter. Below is a list of mods;

Chassis:

1995 S14 SE
OEM sunroof
Working gauge cluster (fuel, water temp, engine light)
Kouki front-end conversion
Stitch welded engine bay
Origin front fenders
Origin front bumper
Charge Speed side skirts
Charge Speed rear bumper

Engine:

Series II R33 RB25DET
5 speed manual transmission
Z32 MAF – plumbed after turbo for blow through metering
SARD FPR
Denso Iridium plugs
Nismo thermostat
Exedy twin plate clutch/flywheel combo
New throw out bearing for twin plate clutch
GReddy intake manifold
HKS SSQV BOV
PE timing belt
HKS cam gear (exhaust installed, intake included)
New front and rear main crank seals
New OEM water pump
Samco coolant hoses
Apexi Power FC
McKinney 1 piece steel driveshaft
McKinney modified motor mounts (eliminated soft rubber bushings)
McKinney transmission mount
Flying Performance Downpipe/O2 housing
Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust
EBay black painted test pipe
Hybrid Skyline GTR FMIC with custom piping
Koyo S14 KA Aluminum Radiator
Flex-A-Lite dual electric fan (pusher)
Nismo radiator cap
Walbro 255lph Fuel pump

Brakes:

Z32 front calipers with drilled and slotted rotors
Z32 rear calipers with drilled and slotted rotors (drum shoes removed)
CNC hydraulic E-brake
Z32 master brake cylinder
Hawk brake pads front and rear
Project Silvia braided steel brake lines front and rear

Suspension:

Cusco 40D front strut bar
Cusco 40mm rear strut bar
Tein HE coilovers
Nismo power brace
Battle Version Rear Upper Control Arms (RUCA)
Battle Version Rear Toe Link
Battle Version Tension Rod (old style)
P2 Aluminum subframe bushing spacers
Tanabe Front and Rear Sway bar
Tein inner tie rods
Kazama outer tie rod ends

Interior:

Momo steering wheel
Momo steering wheel hub
Bride Zetta III driver seat with Bride sliding seat rail
GReddy Lightweight shift knob
GReddy EO1 Boost Controller
Defi 115mm D-Link 11,000 RPM Tachometer
Defi D-Link Control Unit II
Aluminum rear mount battery relocation kit
Removed passenger side air bag and electronics
Removed rear seat
Eclipse head unit
Xtant 202m amplifier
MB Quart 6” component speakers in front doors/pillars

Wheels:

Volk CV Pro 3 piece wheels (2) 17x8 and (2) 17x7 (unsure offsets)
5 Zigen FN01R-C Black Lip Polish (2) 17x9 +35

http://slidestyle.net/DSCN0853.JPG
http://slidestyle.net/DSCN0843.jpg
http://slidestyle.net/DSC01520-600x450.jpg
http://slidestyle.net/DSCN0860.jpg
http://slidestyle.net/DSCN0846.jpg

DustinsDuster
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
i think the asking price is too high.

Domestic Disturbance
12-13-2007, 01:40 AM
i agree

SlideStyle.net
12-13-2007, 06:22 AM
What do you think is a reasonable price? We are unsure on what price to ask for a car like this. There is way over $12k worth of mods on the car. And with a car like this you will never get your money back in return. The $12,000 asking price was a feeler to see how much the car is worth.

DustinsDuster
12-13-2007, 07:18 AM
i just dont want to sound like a dick or like im putting down your car. it does have a lot of good things, but you have to look at all the bad. the nose of the car is all tore to shit and stitched back together; looks like Frankenstien. it's painted flat black, which will eventually turn chalky and look gross. the pass. airbag has been pulled along with some wiring, meaning theres potential for a wiring problem down the road(vs. if it were just left stock). honestly, in its current state, i'd be surprised to see the car sell for half of what youre asking.

it's a cool car, dont get me wrong. you just have to look at all the flaws when youre selling it, because thats what the buyer is going to do.

NorwalkCav2nv
12-13-2007, 07:25 AM
i think it is a bit too high. from what i read when i quickly skimmed over: its been drifted several times and has no internal modifications, MHG, or preventative maintainence. id run a compression check and post those numbers as well. plus, u know u will never get what u put into it, so u might as well keep it forever when u get that serious into a build.

that being said, its still a beautiful car and ill spread the word. and good luck.

SlideStyle.net
12-13-2007, 12:11 PM
i just dont want to sound like a dick or like im putting down your car. it does have a lot of good things, but you have to look at all the bad. the nose of the car is all tore to shit and stitched back together; looks like Frankenstien. it's painted flat black, which will eventually turn chalky and look gross. the pass. airbag has been pulled along with some wiring, meaning theres potential for a wiring problem down the road(vs. if it were just left stock). honestly, in its current state, i'd be surprised to see the car sell for half of what youre asking.

it's a cool car, dont get me wrong. you just have to look at all the flaws when youre selling it, because thats what the buyer is going to do.

The car isn't meant to be a daily driver/photo queen. The car is meant to be drove. Anyone interested in buying a car like this would understand that. It's been drifted...............because it's a drift car. You don't buy a race car to daily drive it, you buy it to race it. The car has been in primer for well over a year and has held up great. How many drift built cars still have the stock airbags? If you keep the stock airbags in the car you are asking for them to go off and destroy the dash. It's not like we simply cut the wires to the airbag and left them. It's unhooked, no exposed or tampered wires. It sounds to me that you are just trying to find anything to justify your reason for saying that the car isn't worth what you think it is.

This car will sell for way more than $6,000. I can gaurantee that. Will it sell to someone like you, who doesn't understand what kind of car they are talking about, no.

But we do appreciate your input on the car :yawinkle:

black88gt
12-13-2007, 12:39 PM
i agree 12 seems a little high, as modding a car a lot usually brings down the value quite a bit. what an actual "fair" asking price would be, i have no idea. looks like a well done car though, good luck on the sale.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I agree with dustin, i think you would be lucky to get $6000.

How many drift built cars still have the stock airbags?
how many REAL drift cars have a head unit, amplifier and components? or how many REAL drift cars even have a passenger seat? How many REAL drift cars still have the stock seat belts?

I am not trying to be a dick (it just comes naturally) but if you are trying to sell it as a DRIFT car and only a drift/race car i just dont think it is. Looks like a fun daily driver you could take to the track on weekends. It is a pretty nice car dont get me wrong... Why dont you stick it on ebay so "Anyone interested in buying a car like this " can see it and tell you what it is worth. IMO when it comes down to it, it is a 12 year old car, isnt a "collector" car or anythign like that, just an old car with a bunch of money thrown at it that has been abused. I have seen people spend $50K+ building a drag car, run it 3-4 times and sell it for under $10K

boxmakingman
12-13-2007, 06:27 PM
"SlideStyle.net"]or how many REAL drift cars even have a passenger seat?

all of the cars competing in formula D have a passenger seat as per the rule book.

IMO this car is a bargin, only thing I think it could use is some paint, BUT thats easy and small cheese, hell if you buy the car you get to pick the color.

Also I would like to add that this car has not been abused Brian has taken good care of it, but it has been driven.

I think this board is the wrong one to put it on, even for a feeler.

Good luck with the sale Brian. PM me I could try and list it on ziptied for you.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-13-2007, 07:48 PM
"SlideStyle.net"]or how many REAL drift cars even have a passenger seat?

all of the cars competing in formula D have a passenger seat as per the rule book.

I did not know that... :baby:
still... like i said, i just dont think the "market" in this area is going to yeild anything even close to $12K. That is why i suggested ebay. billions of people can see it on there and if it is as good as you say and such a great bargain people wont have a problem buying the car and paying an extra $1K to have it shipped to them... Good luck with the sale... it is a nice car

NorwalkCav2nv
12-13-2007, 10:32 PM
id say try throwing this car up as a small feeler on zilvia.net or club240.com. maybe even 240sxforums.com. see what people will offer you. ive pretty much noticed that anything upwards of $10,000 better be 100% fully built bottom to top, left to right, with a decent paint job and no rust for mid-to-older 240sx's. u might bet a better idea of what its worth.

rysbrnr
12-20-2007, 06:57 PM
shit... if he sold it for only 6 grand... i'd be all up on that like NOW, forget Xmas presents for anyone else! I don't think many people realize the amount of good stuff that is on that car.... you could part the drivetrain, and all other aftermarket parts and still be well over 6k. RB25DET, Volks, Tein CO's, just to name a few good parts. I didn't see a rear diff spec'd on there? What is it?

DustinsDuster
12-20-2007, 11:16 PM
like i said, i meant no disrespect. a 240 guy would see a lot more potential in it than a lamen like me would. he asked for an opinion, and i gave one. i wish him all the luck in the sale though; looks like a fun car.

SlideStyle.net
12-21-2007, 09:21 AM
shit... if he sold it for only 6 grand... i'd be all up on that like NOW, forget Xmas presents for anyone else! I don't think many people realize the amount of good stuff that is on that car.... you could part the drivetrain, and all other aftermarket parts and still be well over 6k. RB25DET, Volks, Tein CO's, just to name a few good parts. I didn't see a rear diff spec'd on there? What is it?

The car has a KAAZ 2-way in it. He said that he would be interested in trades + cash.

rysbrnr
12-21-2007, 10:23 AM
The only car I have left now is my 2000 Infiniti I30 Touring Sedan. I doubt he'd want that but that's all I have left now... I've pretty much sold off all my cars.