PDA

View Full Version : University a joke? lol read if bored

Drifte
12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I was at my online class final (which has to be taken on campus), and my professor never showed up lol. Everyones like wtf, im leaving today, or tomorrow ya know, some people are done and will be outa state. I knew it would work out for me in the end, and its not like i wasted anytime studying!!
her response to not showing up:
Hi Everyone!
I'm very, very sorry for the missed opportunity for the final exam. I
have no excuse but completely forgot that it was at 5:00 p.m. I know I
emailed all of you several times to not forget and I'm the one that
forgot. I really apologize for it. Many, many thanks to the students
that stayed and helped come up with a workable and fair solution. My
concern is to be fair to all of you. What we came up with is to offer
to a couple of options:
A) use your first 2 lecture exams as your entire lecture grade. The
lecture portion is 60% of your grade. Instead of the first exam being
12% it would now be 27% and the second exam instead of being 19% would
now be 33%. This reflects the first exam had 45 questions and the
second had 60 questions.
B) For any students that wants to improve their grade, take the final
either in the wellness lab at their own time (lab opens at 8:30 and
closes at 5:30). Allow yourself enough time to take it before it
closes. The other option is to come to any of the other class final
exams. We have one at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. tomorrow (Tuesday). We
also have an exam Wed pm at 5:00 pm. I won't forget that one, I promise!

Hope those options are agreeable for all and fair to everyone. Again,
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

( im goin with A btw!)

black88gt
12-10-2007, 06:37 PM
what class?

Drifte
12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
oh thats right you go to UNi too dont ya? this was personal wellness lecture.
not really an important class, and apparently not required for future uni students...none the less pretty pathetic.

JustinS
12-10-2007, 10:08 PM
not really an important class, and apparently not required for future uni students...none the less pretty pathetic.
Fucking UNI. . .

DustinsDuster
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
she forgot it was 5pm? and shes in charge of an entire ciriculum? good god, hearing stuff like that just further solidifies in my mind that just because you are educated, doesnt mean youre not a dumbass at the same time...

black88gt
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM

ya i do, took that retarded shit last year. i did the online section for the lecture as well. haha which other classes did you take? haha i took aqua aerobics and volleyball. it was a good time, w/ me being the only guy in volleyball, and one of 4 guys in aqua aerobics.

Drifte
12-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I took aerobic cross training and weight lifting. It was an alright time, my cross training teacher couldnt speak english...but thats nothing new :banghead:

My other classes this semester have been terrible, it sucks when you do bad, and know your doing bad. But I just got my final grade back from Life science lab, and wow. Expecting an A and getting the opposite...so I am having a talk with her. Then theirs the stuttering, no show Geography teacher...HA.(ya mean, but just try to focus on a skipping cd!) And then theirs my Humanities 2 professor, thinks hes a philosopher..I just better stop now.

Drifte
12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
she forgot it was 5pm? and shes in charge of an entire ciriculum? good god, hearing stuff like that just further solidifies in my mind that just because you are educated, doesnt mean youre not a dumbass at the same time...

in charge correct. Over 250 people show up for a final, for an unnecessary class, and waste unnecessary time.

black88gt
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I took aerobic cross training and weight lifting. It was an alright time, my cross training teacher couldnt speak english...but thats nothing new :banghead:

My other classes this semester have been terrible, it sucks when you do bad, and know your doing bad. But I just got my final grade back from Life science lab, and wow. Expecting an A and getting the opposite...so I am having a talk with her. Then theirs the stuttering, no show Geography teacher...HA.(ya mean, but just try to focus on a skipping cd!) And then theirs my Humanities 2 professor, thinks hes a philosopher..I just better stop now.

ive been really lucky with the teachers ive gotten so far. only 2 i didnt like, one for physical geography and the other was for aqua aerobics. the aqua aerobics one could barely speak english, but its a class where you basically sit in the pool and every once in a while you play a game, so it wasnt too bad.

DustinsDuster
12-11-2007, 05:54 PM

in charge correct. Over 250 people show up for a final, for an unnecessary class, and waste unnecessary time.

and all 250 people paid how much for tuition? that pisses me off, and i dont even go there!

Drifte
12-11-2007, 08:22 PM
yeah, universities make me really mad; BUT, theres a lot to learn. I guess this is part of the experience...btw, I hate all "college" movies like american pie etc...it such a lie! I just want kids to know that.

biohazard
12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
yeah, universities make me really mad; BUT, theres a lot to learn. I guess this is part of the experience...btw, I hate all "college" movies like american pie etc...it such a lie! I just want kids to know that.
Yeah, I would have to agree with you.