PDA

View Full Version : Optical Illusion

fbodyguy
12-06-2007, 06:15 PM
If your brain works normally this is neat.
If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, the dots will remain only one color, pink.

http://www.hemmy.net/images/arts/opticalillusion.gif

However if you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot turns to green.

Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the picture. After a short period, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will see only a single green dot rotating.

It's amazing how our brain works.
There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.

DustinsDuster
12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
i thought i might be doing it wrong, and then all of the sudden the pink dots disappeared, it was awesome...

Ricky
12-07-2007, 12:43 AM
wow thats fucked up man. i just keep doing it over and over agian.

Domestic Disturbance
12-07-2007, 01:36 AM
wow thats crazy.

s13kid
12-07-2007, 08:52 AM
i've got a phsychology final soon, thanks for reminding me...

That stuff if cool though, I think it was on another site i saw a picture of a rotating ballet dancer, depending on which side of the brain you functioned with you would see here spinning the other direction, if you concentrated you could make her change back and forth.

found it, not a ballet dancer but w/e

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 95,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html)

Ricky
12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
that last one is weird. when i was reading it was spining counter clock wise and i counld't get it to change direction, but soon as i took a drink of Mt. Dew it started to spin the other way

TbTalon94
12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
it's hard to get it to change when you can see the tips of her nipples...haha

now try to focus on it!

s13kid
12-07-2007, 06:44 PM
^ i never noticed that , haha

Domestic Disturbance
12-07-2007, 08:49 PM
ahahaha, ya same thing happened for me. clockwise until i start reading then it would change

logans dad
12-08-2007, 03:22 AM
The dots turn black for me weather I look at the movement or loot at the middle, Whats that mean lol.

DustinsDuster
12-08-2007, 07:36 AM
The dots turn black for me weather I look at the movement or loot at the middle, Whats that mean lol.

it means youre pregnant

logans dad
12-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Oh crap lol. I noticed I'm gaining weight.

DustinsDuster
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
anyone see the episode of South Park called "More Crap"? it was about Stan's dad taking the world's biggest crap; and my favorite part is when he has an ultrasound to see his crap growing inside of him...

logans dad
12-08-2007, 12:23 PM
LMAO. The things we think of from anothers post lol. Wish I would of seen that episode.

Domestic Disturbance
12-08-2007, 03:33 PM
haha and bono is the worlds biggest piece of crap

69gt4speed
12-09-2007, 12:09 PM
"If your brain works normally this is neat.
If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, the dots will remain only one color, pink."

Well Tony, it just plain doesn't work for me. There are no rotating dots and if I watch the + in middle there are green and pink dots standing still.
The girl never rotates, her back is to me that's it.

My only conclusion is I use both hands about equal. I write and do detail w left and all else w right. What u expect, I wonder if that has a bearing on my choice of cars, etc. We got any psych ppl here? If so forget what I said.

Let me know when the baby shower is on Vic. I'll get u a nice gift. Cause at our age it would be too much for Anita or I..

logans dad
12-09-2007, 03:07 PM
"If your brain works normally this is neat.
If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, the dots will remain only one color, pink."

Well Tony, it just plain doesn't work for me. There are no rotating dots and if I watch the + in middle there are green and pink dots standing still.

My only conclusion is I use both hands about equal. I write and do detail w left and all else w right. What u expect, I wonder if that has a bearing on my choice of cars, etc. We got any psych ppl here? If so forget what I said.

Let me know when the baby shower is on Vic. I'll get u a nice gift. Cause at our age it would be too much for Anita or I..

I think the baby wants me to get a bigger turbo lol.

Ashley
12-09-2007, 09:17 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with what hands you use... my guess is that the graphics just don't work on your computer. I took psych at U of I and we did these examples, and there really isn't an option for not seeing the dots moving or the dancer not moving. You always see the stuff moving, it's just how you see it that matters. I would just check it out on a different computer or something.

69gt4speed
12-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Ok I looked on the laptop there are spinning dots, stationary dots and both colors, the dancers goes one direction then the other. Anita says dancer goes clockwise. Guess I need some new drivers or something here.

Btw the ati radeon 9600 won't work, the laptop g force does though. I tried the new drivers.

fbodyguy
12-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I do know that if you have nortons internet security set to high it will only cache a animated picture one and will not let it run again (play animated .gif = No)

Don't know if you have norton or not but it may not be a driver issue at all but a security issue setting on the firewall.