PDA

View Full Version : [rant] Stuff is really starting to suck for me right now....

biohazard
12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
So I find out 2 weeks ago that my roommate went to MEPS for his commissioning physical and declined the piss test. He had to meet with our Colonel to talk about why and now he no longer is in Air Force ROTC. What sucks is that he's thinking about moving out and going back to his parents in Indianola, leaving me with rent payments of $840 a month if I can't find someone else to sublet. I can't afford it. This really sucks. I don't know of anyone who wants to move off campus. It's looking like I might have to go back and move in with my parents. If I don't get my GPA up this semester, I get kicked out of ISU. Gah, I almost want to go back to being a mechanic and working for my parents with as much stress this is putting on me.

On the bright side, I got promoted to Drill Team Commander only because I was the Vice Commander and my roommate was the Commander.

I don't know what to do.

[/rant]

96-eclipse-gst
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
just try and stick it out as long as you can. If need be see if you can get a loan for that extra added expense. Study and get those grades up. You don't wanna be stuck as a mechanic forever. I'm working at Sears Auto right now and I am really starting to get fed up with it. The pay just doesn't equal how much work I do for them. Didn't your parents run a meineke or midas? Prolly the one they just put up a block away from me on council st? I know that sometimes its easy to just be like ok, fine I'm gonna go out and work and forget this crap. Honestly though it sounds like things are going great. Everything for you is working out well. You can always get your GPA up. It's just depends on how dedicated you are. Stick your mind to it, get this done. Don't let your friends mistake ruin any chances you have. Do you plan on going in to the military? If so, that loan you had to take out to pay for the month, two, or three till you can find another roomate, will be paid basically by them. Stick it out and I'm sure something great will become of this.

biohazard
12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, Meineke.
I still want to commission, pretty much my main motivation right now. But I'm not even sure about my major anymore.
I don't get any loans from the military.
What sucks is that its probably one class thats going to drag me down. I go to all my classes, I try to take notes, I've talked to the Professor and TA, I've gone to the Suplimental Instruction, and I still don't understand the course. Which is Business Calc. Hopefully doing well in my other courses will help my GPA.
I really don't want to take out any more loans. I don't want to be paying for loans till I'm 45 or 50.

Drifte
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
sometimes you have to live with people you dont know, or dont like. its life. Work only as much as you need, and get as good of grades as you can. Idk you position exactly, but going to college isnt supposed to be easy, even tho thats how its portrayed a lot. And yea, their are kids with mom and dad buying them cars, houses, and schooling, giving them the free time for good grades and partys. But they arent learning any thing that college is really teaching you.

ISU sucks UNI FTW.

^ hehe

ZacFields
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Business Calc is a tough class for sure. I think I got a B- or a C+ in that course. Calculus is basically taking the hardest most advanced parts of Algebra and expanding on it. I understood that class very well... in fact I understood it so well that I decided only to show up on test days for the entire second half of the class. lol.... that's a really good way to get yourself a C+ in a class that you should have gotten an A in.

Just take comfort in knowing that Business Calc is probably the hardest class that you're going to take in college. I can nearly promise you that, assuming you're in the business field as I am. Just get through that class any way that you can, and I promise next semester will be easier for you.

Is there no way you can get into campus housing? I guess this late in the year that probably wouldn't work out. I guess I'd tell your buddy that he needs to either stay living with you or he needs to keep paying his share of the rent until you find another roommate. Tell him that if he moves out then it's going to end up screwing you over and there's no sense in both of you having to suffer because of his mistakes. If he's a real man then he'll help you out.

JustinS
12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah Zac, about that whole not showing up for the least half of Business Calc....LOL. That class sucked major ass!

Your friend is obligated by law to keep paying his rent until he can find a subletter, there is no reason for the burden to be put on you.

ZacFields
12-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Was that the class you and I had together Justin? We had Diane Bean's class together, but I had her for both College Algebra and Business Calc I think. I think it was College Algebra I had with you. I skipped a lot in that class too. But it was a lot stupider of an idea in that class because for some reason I understood business calc about a hundred times better than I understood College Algebra. make sense of that! hah.

JustinS
12-04-2007, 10:06 PM
It was business Calc, I had College Algebra with some weird guy on the second floor haha. Business Calc was the hardest math class I have ever taken. But ISU classes are much harder, it sucks majorly. I went from being like a B+ / A- student at Kwood, to a C+ / B- student up here. Ugh.

Keep your head up though man, things always work themselves out.

belittle
12-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Even though the other guy is your buddy he is still on the lease (i hope) and is required to pay his portion. He can't bail on you without finding a sublease. If he leaves anyways you can sue him for his portion of the rent, which you don't want to come down to.

About this business of Calc. Last semester I finished my final math class ever, Calc 4 (Vector Calc). Ended up getting a solid B in that class. It could be worse :):)