PDA

View Full Version : Iowa offroading

Phantez
12-03-2007, 02:15 AM
I just bought a new truck and i just want to see if anyone here goes offroading anyplace nearby. ive gone out to the rollerdam already... which is pretty small but still kinda fun. and ive heard there are a couple of good spots nearby somewhere between cedar rapids and iowa city that i havent been to yet. Does anybody know of anything else within like an hour or so of here?

ZacFields
12-03-2007, 05:40 AM
"600 Acres"

Take Ely road all the way through Ely and about 2 miles out of Ely. It's kinda in the middle of Ely and Solon. most people that go off-roading end up out there. When I had the 4wheeler when I was younger I used to go there all the time.

Zac

gsxtacy
12-03-2007, 06:07 AM
600 Acres does not allow trucks in there anymore. Only ATV's, dirt bikes and snowmobiles are allowed and they have to be registered with the DNR.

s13kid
12-03-2007, 08:17 AM
clayton, just go in the cedar river and see how long you can run against the current... :supz:

Phantez
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
600 Acres does not allow trucks in there anymore. Only ATV's, dirt bikes and snowmobiles are allowed and they have to be registered with the DNR.

Ya i heard about that. Why wont they allow trucks there anymore?

Talon92Fox
12-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I heard trucks were making too big of a mess and ripping it up too much. They have like a 4 foot wide clearance between two wooden poles that looks like barely an average quad would fit through, kinda dumb IMO.

Domestic Disturbance
12-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I think they are privately owned now, whereas before it was state. People were tearing it up and trashing it out there, including dumping.

Drifte
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
yea, dumping included leaving junk cars out their. But they changed the name, and its owned by some atv group now like was said earlier, not sure what they call it now. But if you take the road by it it gets kinda fun. Then the roads south of swisher go way back in the sticks and you WILL have a blast. take 965 south past swisher, im not sure what the road is called, but it goes all over the place and covers all kinds of terrain.

Domestic Disturbance
12-04-2007, 10:31 PM
if you take alburnett road North and just before you hit alburnett, theres a road on the left called Old Quaas Rd. Thats a fun level b

lil krumm
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
yea, dumping included leaving junk cars out their. But they changed the name, and its owned by some atv group now like was said earlier, not sure what they call it now. But if you take the road by it it gets kinda fun. Then the roads south of swisher go way back in the sticks and you WILL have a blast. take 965 south past swisher, im not sure what the road is called, but it goes all over the place and covers all kinds of terrain.

south side!!! gyeah thats where me and all my friends go. not much fun right now, everythign is frozen, but wait for good snow, it can get fun.

like he said take 965 (6th st) south past swisher, across the river. once the road starts to take a hard left curve there will be a gravel road on your right that crosses the RR . this gravel road will take you back over interstate and curves all over but just stay on it. it will take you to some fun roads!!

NewSpeedSteed
12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I heard trucks were making too big of a mess and ripping it up too much. They have like a 4 foot wide clearance between two wooden poles that looks like barely an average quad would fit through, kinda dumb IMO.

Hmm... wonder if someone could still squeeze a Suzuki Samurai though there? God I love those lil things, there kinda like old Jeep Wranglers and CJ5 & CJ7s. But smaller and much more dangerous... and of course more fun.

Drifte
12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
sammys dont fit. but they are extremely dangerous, which makes them a blast. some guys even drop a turbo diesel vdub motor in to get some torque to climb with em...scary.

s13kid
12-06-2007, 11:07 PM
suzuki sucks balls.

Phantez
12-07-2007, 02:23 AM
true statement

Toyota is where its at lol

black88gt
12-07-2007, 09:46 PM
suzuki sucks balls.

negative. samurais are badass, and their bikes are the shit

black88gt
12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=19442276 (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19442276)

sidekick, not a samurai, but still hilarious

s13kid
12-08-2007, 12:10 AM
HOLEY FUCKIN SHIT! HOLEY FUCKIN SHIT! HOLEY FUCKIN SHIT! HOLEY FUCKIN SHIT!

haha, he went alot faster then i expected.

i worked at the car lot, thats what my comment referred to, I'm sure there old trucks are slightly less shitty then their new cars.

DustinsDuster
12-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Toyota is where its at lol

two turntables and a microphone.

Domestic Disturbance
12-08-2007, 03:34 PM
fucking BECK...