PDA

View Full Version : who can tell me...

DustinsDuster
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
what the bare minimum of electronics and sensors to run a 4G63 are? ive looked through DSMFAQ's and VFAQ, as well as the 1000 most FAQ's about DSM's, and havent been able to find anything.

i know Derek (TRBOWHT) told me a while back, but i cant remember all he said. does anyone know? Trevor, Sully, i am looking in your guys' direction...

i need to start thinning out the wiring harness for my truck; theres a lot to get rid of...

TURBOWHT
11-20-2007, 01:37 PM
like i said on dragsource i can pull my old harness so you have something to look at. let me know.

TbTalon94
11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Well I don't know the bare minimum, but stuff you can get rid of is things like:

FPR solenoid wiring, A/C wiring, Evap solenoid wiring, anything relating to emissions basically. Or anything you truck isn't going to have/need that's in the wiring harness.

Then it just all depends on what you want and what you are running for an ECU. You don't need any of the emissions, abs (depends), cruise control, etc. etc. It's basically up to you.

I would guess the bare minimum of what you NEED for the car to run would be something like:

MAF, o2 sensor, alternator, ignition, TPS sensor, CAS (cam angle sensor), knock sensor, fuel pump, and then the necessaries to make it road legal. That's about all I got.

Drifte
12-18-2007, 08:21 AM
if you plan to drive it year round basically keep everything BUT accessories, thats about it.

DiamondStarMotors
02-21-2008, 01:59 PM
MAF, o2 sensor, alternator, ignition, TPS sensor, CAS (cam angle sensor), knock sensor, fuel pump, and then the necessaries to make it road legal. That's about all I got.

only thing after that would be how you plan to tune it.. but for an exact list there is no way someone can label it all off.. don't you have a harness and ECU..? and a complete long block? just hook it all up...

DustinsDuster
02-21-2008, 02:20 PM
well now i have Derek's old wiring harness thats already been modified for the truck; so i am going to use it as a road map to make mine. i might try to keep a few things for the future though; like A/C if i can figure out a way to make it work...

DiamondStarMotors
02-21-2008, 02:23 PM
i might try to keep a few things for the future though; like A/C if i can figure out a way to make it work...

hah! make sure you leave that bracket and sensor for the invisible/drive under water mode too.. you might wanna use that someday also.. lol

TURBOWHT
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
drive under water mode?

Drifte
02-21-2008, 08:00 PM
i guess using the a/c is unpractical.

DiamondStarMotors
02-22-2008, 10:13 AM
drive under water mode?

it was my way of being sarcastic to dustin cuz his crazy ass wants to have A/C in his truck with a 4g63 in it.. i guess if ur gonna do it though.. atleast you will be cool in the summer.. lol i don't think ima be able to stop laughing though when i see someone's face after they see a truck pass them and hear a nice burst of air flowing through his intercooler pipe to the atmospher.. unless his sneaky ass is gonna recirculate it.. keep it sleeper.. lol i can't wait dude.. lol