PDA

View Full Version : DSM potential

Drifte
11-17-2007, 10:56 AM
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0 ... index.html (http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0311it_1992_mitsubishi_eclipse_talon/index.html)

hard to argue with straight facts ey. few mods, almost 300hp at the wheels already.

slobalt
11-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Damn, that's what I paid for a pulley, injectors, belt, and tune and only gained 30hp.

Drifte
11-17-2007, 11:22 AM
even better. compare it to the evo IX MR!
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powerpa ... index.html (http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powerpages/0701_impp_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_mr/index.html)

1g DSM owns all in bolt on performance lol. and tunability if thats a word.

DustinsDuster
11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
stock turbo and all? pretty impressive...

Drifte
11-17-2007, 07:34 PM
14b and all. Those guys werent all that familar with the dsms either. Most og's know a little better methods to better performance.

TbTalon94
11-19-2007, 06:58 AM
I think it's kind of pathetic for the evo to only gain 40whp. They also did FULL turbo-back exhaust on the evo as well as a boost controller. I can't believe how lean the a/f was with no fuel modifications on the evo. You don't ever see that on a DSM.

Kinda funny how you spend an 8th of the money on a DSM, spend half the money on mods, and get more power gains!

Drifte
11-19-2007, 04:24 PM
The "New" technology holds back your average tuner folk. WHere we can slap a full exhaust on, give it a modified intake. The guys with evo's and sti's have to reflash or tune their rides for them to run properly. And for them...thats not cheap either!

Ricky
11-19-2007, 08:30 PM
The "New" technology holds back your average tuner folk. WHere we can slap a full exhaust on, give it a modified intake. The guys with evo's and sti's have to reflash or tune their rides for them to run properly. And for them...thats not cheap either!

:(

Drifte
11-19-2007, 11:28 PM
but hey i got your text eric, thats good someone finally came out with a cable and software so you can do it all too! I shouldnt say finally, but it is a good thing still. Im with trev too the evo performance gains were pathetic. their excuse however is they only want to install an after market filter because a complete intake will cause more issues than worth, same goes for the wrx (although COBB says they have the "magic intake design").

btw bolt on power gains for the suby were pathetic too. But maybe it just shows the quiet stock parts are more peformance oriented..or maybe the ecu's hate you
:goodman:

Drifte
11-19-2007, 11:56 PM
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0 ... index.html (http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0308it_1992_eagle_talon/index.html)

hahaha lol holy crap. Good info on this site Dang!

16ft llbs torque from ground wires...

Ricky
11-20-2007, 12:24 AM
the cobb design is a short ram intake which will work fine but if you get a cold air intake it will make it run lean.

they are touchy though and the only reason i want stage 2 is because it smooths everything out and turbo lag is much less and better mpg if you drive nice. i have it down to $500 dollars for stage 2 but i want to keep the factory warranty right now.

ill give it to the dsmers. the power gains are nice and for a price that cant be beat.

TbTalon94
11-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Those grounds may only have helped because there was an engine fire. I bet they just cured a problem that they previously had...just as they stated.

Those grounding points are kind of interesting though. I bet they change for every car. I tried that one time on my talon...had grounds running all over...nothing really helped.

Drifte
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
grounds can help a lot. they didnt know what was wrong with that car. But I highly doubt the factory harness had much to do with it. When it comes to electronics the grounds are very important. You see all these kids getting capacitors and stuff for their amps, all they really need are some good grounds. headlights no longer dim etc. I read a lot on cars with grounding kits, many making 6-12hp gains. I can see they why they would think somethin was wrong if it had a fire or whatever, but ya think about it, and what would the grounds they installed have to do with that (they list placement so think of a wire that has something to do with that).

TbTalon94
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
There is a ground from the intake mani to the fire-wall, there is a ground from the harness to the tranny, there is a ground from the battery to the fire-wall...all of them they replaced, which are stock....those could have burned in the fire :neener:

Ricky
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM
There is a ground from the intake mani to the fire-wall, there is a ground from the harness to the tranny, there is a ground from the battery to the fire-wall...all of them they replaced, which are stock....those could have burned in the fire :neener:

i would have to say most of the time when there is a fire something burns

Drifte
11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
:WORSHIP:
yea i suppose if it was a big fire those wires could have been mangled, and the installer of the new motor may have neglected them. But it would still run, may give us a larger power gain this way(cant really say one wire = 2hp we just dont have the info their). Assume they missed all the grounds and i would disregard the results. But it would be harder to miss all the grounds, than have some. im curious how hot a fire it takes to burn through 8 and 4 gauge wire tho, seems like the paint and everything oughta be messed up too. And to take out the largest wires, the grounds, and still have a good harness is strange too.

i wish i had a dyno.

Ricky
11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
i have a butt dyno

Drifte
11-20-2007, 03:26 PM
my butt dyno stopped working. maybe it will work again after driving really slow cars for a year or 2.

TbTalon94
11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
nope, it will be ALL out of calibration by then. Going from an 18sec car to a 14sec car will make it feel like you've gained like 1,000hp. Your going to have to get your butt dyno calibtrated correctly first. Like riding in a car that's decently fast, then going back to something that isn't. :supz:

Ricky
11-20-2007, 06:50 PM
nope, it will be ALL out of calibration by then. Going from an 18sec car to a 14sec car will make it feel like you've gained like 1,000hp. Your going to have to get your butt dyno calibtrated correctly first. Like riding in a car that's decently fast, then going back to something that isn't. :supz:

so do you want a ride in my car then so you remember what fast is?

haha im just kidding i know your faster.

StreetSweeper
11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Ricky, I should throw the radials on the jetta and run your wrex here in about a month! :biggrin: