PDA

View Full Version : Don't download any plugins from this website!

ZacFields
11-13-2007, 09:19 PM
If you ever visit IAF and it asks you to download a plugin, or to download anything for that matter: DO NOT download it.

We are having some problems with our hosts having a security hole in their files that is allowing malicious code to be injected into our files sometimes. We are doing everything we can to make sure this code is removed as quickly after it is injected as possible, but there's no way for us to prevent it at this point, unfortunately, since we're on shared hosting now.

If IAF ever asks you to download anything, or your virus software detects a problem when you visit the site, please let me know.

Zac

69gt4speed
11-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Zac, yesterday clicked on board index and it tried to download to doc and settings/ local temp internet folder some exploit virus. It never made it though. I didn't really do anything but click the board index.

ZacFields
11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
This issue should be resolved now. Turns out it was our hosting company's problem and not mine. The hacker had hacked into our hosts main servers and were using FTP to get into and place malicious code into my files (and all the other websites on the server).

It's kinda funny though because the hacker was trying to create an iframe that would load a virus onto the site visitors' temporary internet files. He was successful at that, but apparantly didn't realize that phpbb is really good about throwing errors when you put code in that doesn't belong there :)

The host claims it is fixed, but I remain suspicious until I see proof (via my website not being messed with again)

Zac