PDA

View Full Version : Takin a trip to Thailand this weekend

rysbrnr
11-08-2007, 09:54 PM
It's been a while since I've posted... I've literally been too busy just doin stuff. Wheeling and dealing cars and working lots to save up for this trip. I was just in Las Vegas two weeks ago and am now off to Thailand so $ my budget is feeling a pinch. Never been there before but it should be a pretty interesting trip. Next to Japan , Thailand is probably one of the better places to pick up all the "JDM" parts so many import racers want. I did lots of digging around and located a bunch of "tuner" shops there. Bangkok has a pretty big street racing scene and of course it's all Japanese cars there. Google up some videos on Thailand street racing and/or nightlife, I found some interesting videos online. There are hardly any American cars there at all so I shouldn't have any trouble finding parts for my car there. I'll be staying at a friend's place there so I get to save some $ to spend on all the obscure JDM knick knacks they have. I'm going to try to find a junkyard and raid as much as I can! Plus most consumer goods are dirt cheap ... picture this, a pair of Nike Shox here is ~$125, a co-worker of mine who was recently there bought a pair for $40, and it they weren't knock-offs.

I'll be sure to take lots of pics for you guys.

JustinS
11-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Have fun and stay safe over there!

Ricky
11-08-2007, 10:32 PM
have fun and bring back all you can!!!

ZacFields
11-08-2007, 11:51 PM
SULLY!!!!!!

Good to see you're still checkin' in. Sounds like you're living the life man. Hope you have a good time in Thailand. Definitely take lots of pictures.

Zac

Ashley
11-09-2007, 06:56 AM
have fun!! i'm pretty jealous. my aunt is from thailand and it sound amazing from everything she's said.

Drifte
11-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Here I thought american import junkyards were heaven...i cant even imagine. It'd be like a kid in a candy store. Pic up some strange and random honda interior parts, and resell em for a few hundred.

does an evo (any gen) steering wheel fit a 1g talon?

have fun.

Drifte
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
btw, size 11 1/2. I like the all white ones :biggrin:

TbTalon94
11-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Find me some sweet JDM dsm parts :yawinkle:

Ricky
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
yeah and rent a boat and get a bunch of crates and ship back half of thailand. you guys leave him alone he is going on vacation not part hunting for you ass holes.

DustinsDuster
11-09-2007, 04:36 PM
take care of yourself over there man. have fun and take tons of pics....

rysbrnr
11-09-2007, 05:59 PM
It's gonna fun.. I hope, I do have to try to be safe as a "tourist" because there is all kinds of people there.. good and bad and the bad seem to try to target tourists because they're easy prey. Im fortunate to have a friend there who is a local resident and will pick me up from the airport. Even the taxi driver's are scammers.

For example... you're a foreigner, you don't know jack about Bangkok so you ask the driver to take you a nice restaurant that he knows of... He WILL take you to a nice place but, he'll take you to a place where he's worked out a previous deal with the manager. Any customer that the cabbie brings to the restuarant will be charged more than normal and the restaurant will split the price increase with the cabbie. As a vistitor you'll never even know that you were scammed. Remember you don't know the language, area, customs, basic prices for things. Tourism=big money.

Muggings occur there too, NEVER leave anything of value anywhere. With 5 million in Bangkok alone and being one of the hottest international tourists spots in the world, the locals there are well versed in taking people's money. This info is coming first hand from people I know that live there.

For car stuff, Drifte I think the EVO 1-3 wheel should fit according to the pics I've seen. I want to grab stuff like that... remember I mentioned to you that I was searching for a 93-96 MItsubishi Mirage sedan??? this is reason for that! I'm going to search for a EVO1-3 rolling shell if you know what I mean. and coincidentally, I'm looking for a pair of all white Shox too!
There's literally thousands of markets there and people sell stuff until the wee hours of the morning. I don't think there is much there as far as shopping malls go.... everything is outside on the streets. I was told there is even a whole section of the city (like small suburb) that sells only automotive items only.... Chiang khong

Drifte
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
when are you comin back? Lemme know if you found any goodies.