PDA

View Full Version : Computer Genious. that kno how to find information

CROWN
11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
is there a way you can find out like where the person lives or i.p. address or any information based off of a email address? theres some kid stalking a girl i know and somehow getting pictures off her email account and sending them to her uncle and saying a lot of shit about weird ass shit to. anyway i can find shit out?

ZacFields
11-08-2007, 06:08 PM
virtually impossible.

The only reason I say that is because I could go to mail.yahoo.com right now and create an email address that would be completely untraceable. Now, Yahoo would probably be able to see what IP address I registered the email address from, but what if I registered it from a library computer? or at school?

I'd say tell this girl to change her email address password to something incredibly hard to guess. Make sure she uses both capital and lowercase letters, and numbers. For example, I might use a password "Cavalier85" which would be a pretty good password (still not the best because I drive a cavalier and was born in 85, but you get the idea)

Zac

Ricky
11-08-2007, 06:19 PM
by the way i just tryed to log in as zac and cavalier85 is not his password. damn.

warchild145
11-08-2007, 06:40 PM
you forgot the c on cavalier is supposed to be capitalized. :goodman:

ZacFields
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
haha. Funny thing is that I almost did use my actual password as an example.

My password is virtually uncrackable. In fact I'd better hope I never forget it. Contains several numbers that have no significance to me whatsoever, and a word that has very little significance. Capitals and lowercase. I couldn't crack it if I forgot it.

Zac

Drifte
11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
for all my UNI crap i have to do like Aa123#$ all kinds of weird crap required, then you have to change it constantly which is like 5 different passwords for like the same thing, but none can be the same, all have to change. ugh, stupid passwords. gimme retinal confirmation.

CROWN
11-08-2007, 11:41 PM
well shes just freaking out, hes from her school and says a lot of weird shit. basically stalking her

black88gt
11-09-2007, 02:44 AM
for all my UNI crap i have to do like Aa123#$ all kinds of weird crap required, then you have to change it constantly which is like 5 different passwords for like the same thing, but none can be the same, all have to change. ugh, stupid passwords. gimme retinal confirmation.

i hate that, im only a soph and im running out of password ideas because it wont let you reuse them

DragonUSMC
11-09-2007, 06:45 AM
well first... she should probably delete her fukin myspace account. Cause I bet there is half the problem. Next, like Zac and everyone said, change the PWs on everything to something other then the guessable PWs she uses now.

Then, i would even report it to the cops about a creepy internets stalker. Dont make it sound like an older guy... doesnt matter. Get the words, Internet, stalker, predator, or pedifile in there and they will jump all over it.

Malibu
11-09-2007, 07:18 AM
If you think he is reading her e-mail and you know somebody who has a web server, you could send an e-mail to the account with a picture embedded in it and when he opens the e-mail his computer would request the specific picture from the web server thus giving you his IP address. BUT what you would be able to do with the IP would be kind of useless unless you were planning on calling the cops.

Aaron