PDA

View Full Version : VW Vs DSM reliablity

CROWN
11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
I say dsm's are more reliable then vw's. but thats just me.

Ricky
11-04-2007, 01:26 PM
dsm's are easier to fuck with. when you have a problem with a VW you say "o shit how much is this going to cost" then again a lot matters on how it was maintained

TbTalon94
11-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Either can be very reliable. You just have to take care of it and know what your doing. Now price is a different issue lol.

DustinsDuster
11-04-2007, 04:08 PM
what they said. dependablity is directly related to how a car has been treated since new. i think people beat on DSM's a lot, and then wonder why a car with over 100,000 miles keeps breaking. to quote Virgil. thats like walking into trees and wondering where the forrest is....

z28z34man
11-16-2007, 10:28 PM
they are booth terrible compared to the gm 3800

but all joking aside reliability has more to do with pm and how the car was driven than anything else.

Drifte
11-17-2007, 10:08 AM
its def maintanance. Really not much else to it. The dsm suspension was extremely simple and tough. The bodies rarely rust, and if they do, its in 2 spots. The interiors are always holding together, ive never had one that wasnt like new. Cruise control, all that stuff always worked. So the motor? Well I had 186,000 mile dsm that I maintained like any other car, that had easily another 50k in it. I did have to replace the tranny though. so really every car has an issue somewhere, usually a recall. But GM is still puttin out the 3100-3400 and they still need IM gaskets replaced. Ive had a monte carlo with 3100, loved it. Had a honda, reliable, never any issues, but to slow. DSM's, love em, had a bunch want more of em. :bigthumb:

black88gt
11-17-2007, 11:01 AM
they are booth terrible compared to the gm 3800

but all joking aside reliability has more to do with pm and how the car was driven than anything else.

3800 ftw. mine rolled over 200k a couple months ago

StreetSweeper
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Crown, What do you think about that Tecktonics chip for your V Dub? does it work?

Ricky
11-27-2007, 08:47 AM
yeah they work. there is a few companies that make chips for the Dub's. some are more agresive then others. i was going to get on at one time but couldnt remeber from where. your lucky because you dont have to send you ECU in to them to have them put it in for you. you can do yours at home.

StreetSweeper
11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I cant find any forums or websties for parts thats worth a shit. It's like theres nothing to research out there. I would like to know what makes these things tick. Whos the most aggresive? Whats the ups and down falls?

Ricky
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
do some research on vwvortex.com they have all the answers. i think the one you were talking about is on the more aggressive side of things. they dont very too much but some make the car a bit rougher but give you a bit more power. if you do a chip now and then want to put cams in then you have to buy a whole new chip. you should to cams and a chip and it will really wake it up a lot. they say the gains are very noticeable even with just a chip.