PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of haunted places?

RangerXLT
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any actual haunted places like 13 steps. I want to go with some friends tomorrow night. If you could just write a brief description of the place and possibly give directions. Thanks

Ricky
10-26-2007, 12:39 AM
you will drive to 13 steps and then

a. never find it
b. get kicked out by the cops
c. find it but the gates close at 10
d. poop your pants at the thought of it and play candyland at home were it is safe.

Luminatorz34
10-26-2007, 06:39 AM
believe me or not. but my old house in lisbon. keith (slownsteady) has been there. haha he didnt know it was haunted. and marc (deathinnovember) its definatly haunted.

Domestic Disturbance
10-26-2007, 09:09 AM
13 steps isnt that scary. the trails r sorta scary. last time i was there there was lots of bats in the woods. OoOoOo

Talon92Fox
10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Only thing I thought was weird about 13 Steps was that there's a grave there that was dug in 1994 and it still has the outline of where they dug, easily explanable though, other then that nothing has really happened at 13 Steps while I've been there. There is a bridge about 10 minutes outside of Springville called Matsell's Bridge, PM me if you want directions and details.

lil krumm
10-27-2007, 10:06 AM
13 steps= waste of time. i went there last weekend, biggest waste of time and gas ever.

ZacFields
10-27-2007, 11:55 AM
13 steps= waste of time. i went there last weekend, biggest waste of time and gas ever.

Why? Didn't see any ghosties kent?

Gotta remember, these supposedly haunted places aren't always going to produce strange "phenomena." They're not there to entertain anyone.

The 13 Steps is a fairly amazing place to me. No I've never seen any ghosts or really had anything scary happen worth mentioning except my flashlight dying in the middle of the woods on those trails, then working again later. But then again for everything seemingly unexplainable there is always a simple explanation.

I like 13 steps for its' history. If you google for long enough, you can find about a dozen stories from people who have gone there and experienced strange things. There's stories about the history of the place (true or not, doesn't really matter) and stories about why it may be haunted. There's that one headstone, the woman with the name of "Thankful Blackburn" who has a fairly morbid poem on her stone.

But yeah, rarely does someone go out to a place like that and actually have a ghost jump out in front of them and say "boo." So if that's what you expect, you'll always be dissapointed with "authentic" haunted places.

Zac

DustinsDuster
10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
wasnt there supposed to be some old abandoned mental asylum somewhere around Vinton that we were all going to go check out? i remember talking about that a while back

ZacFields
10-27-2007, 07:21 PM
haha yeah I think so. Those were some fun times. I remember when we all went out to 13 steps and trudged through the woods in the middle of the night to get there.

We were all stoked about going to all these places but we only went to the 13 steps. lol. Yeah there was some mental-asylum...but if i remember correctly, the person who told us about it wasn't very reliable....I think it was Tucker that told us about that one.

Zac

Ashley
10-27-2007, 11:00 PM
it was either tucker or rabbit. but either way.. i dont know how reliable either would be. lol.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2007, 08:53 AM
most "haunted" places in iowa, if you believe in that crap anyways...

http://theshadowlands.net/places/iowa.htm

DustinsDuster
10-28-2007, 02:11 PM
yeah, isnt Tucker supposedly recording an acapella album or something? yeah....

firstonraceday96
10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
There is a cemetery just outside of Vinton that is haunted for sure. DD can vouch me on that one. We heard some noises out there that were simply unexplainable...

wow this is crazy.

"Vinton - Evergreen Cemetery - there is a statue in the unknown soldier section of the graveyard and the right eye of the statue is missing at night - Rumor is that the statues has both eyes and they follow you also that the unknown soldiers wonder that part of the cemetery. Also reports of a woman’s voice being heard."

that is a quote from the site mentioned above and I can say personally its acurate