PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Accident (VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES)

ZacFields
10-25-2007, 04:34 AM
I got this in an email today. I guess you never know if it's legit or not...but not sure why or how they would stage this with the paramedics and such....

So a truck driver was driving down the interstate at regular speed when a motorcyclist traveling at approximately 120+ mph smacked into the back of his truck.

The driver of the truck acknowleges that he felt the impact but it took him about a 1/4 mile before he actually pulled over. When he walked to the back of the truck to see what it was, he saw this..........

ZacFields
10-25-2007, 04:40 AM
I think the 2nd picture is the grossest one because you can tell easily in that picture that his back is snapped.

I've never been a huge fan of crotch-rockets... and not because of the bikes themselves but because of what most of the kids do on the bikes. I've seen way too many guys zipping down the interstate going 120+ and I always expect to see something like this happen to them.

Not to sound rude, but this guy got what he deserved. I'm just glad he only killed himself and didn't end up crashing and killing an entire family or something. If you're going to be an idiot on a crotch-rocket, then death is what you deserve. Better to take yourself out than one of the many people you put in danger everyday.

Zac

JustinS
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Those pictures are old as dirt.

No one deserves to die Zac, and saying that you thought he got what he deserved by dying is downright atrocious. Oh and btw, I've seen cruisers going down the highways at significant rates of speed as well so don't try to make it look like we are the only ones who make stupid decisions.

Sportbike

Scott
10-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Zack is pretty much right, you can call it stereotyping or whatever but the fact of the matter remains that the crotch rocket kids are definetly the worst by far when it comes to this shit, I dont know how many times I seen them fuckers fly past me on the interstate riding wheelies and doing stoppies at intersections, you dont see fuckin cruisers doing that shit. I really lost about all respect for those kids, not that I want them all to die or anyting but if you do stupid things this is what happens..

Luminatorz34
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
i love sportbikes with a passion. and yeah have abused the throttle a few times here and there. but only when noone is around. but jeez, these kids get on them and think they are god on these things and invincible. i have no respect for the kids that dont ride with sense, as they are signing their own will. but i ride responsibly, so i shall have nothing to worry about

JustinS
10-25-2007, 10:54 AM
but i ride responsibly, so i shall have nothing to worry about
You cannot necessarily say that though. Just because you ride safely does not mean that others driving in cars around you are driving safely. So, yes, you do have something to worry about. I know you probably already knew that, but a reminder is nice every once in awhile.

ZacFields
10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Those pictures are old as dirt.

No one deserves to die Zac, and saying that you thought he got what he deserved by dying is downright atrocious. Oh and btw, I've seen cruisers going down the highways at significant rates of speed as well so don't try to make it look like we are the only ones who make stupid decisions.

Sportbike

Just like a couple others have said, I've got no respect for them (when they're acting stupid) . I don't mind if my friends end up buying them or whatever, just because I'd rather have another crotch-rocket on the road than no bike at all. And if you think that by me calling it a crotch-rocket that I'm saying something derogatory, you've got a lot to learn Justin, because that's what "they" call it too.

And I stand by my statement. If you're going to be flying down an interstate going 120mph like an idiot, then you deserve to die. Simple as that. Again, not to be rude, but what else do you expect? At 120 mph not only do you have very little control over your bike, but it also makes it nearly impossible to guage how fast other vehicles are moving. If you're stupid enough to put everyone on that interstate in serious danger because you think it's fun to go that fast in something that has absolutely zero control at that speed then again, I hope you get taken out before you take someone else out.

Either way, don't take offense to something stupid like that. I'm not saying I have any sort of personal vendetta against crotch-rockets. I have as much respect for them as I do anyone else.... as long as they're respecting the roads like they should. Sure I've cut up on my cruiser a little bit, but only within my skill-level as an inexperienced rider. Nobody is skilled enough to go that fast on a road where there is traffic. Again, with only 2 wheels you have almost no control over what that bike does at 120mph. A gust of wind could throw you off the road in a split second.

Zac

ZacFields
10-25-2007, 11:13 AM
but i ride responsibly, so i shall have nothing to worry about
You cannot necessarily say that though. Just because you ride safely does not mean that others driving in cars around you are driving safely. So, yes, you do have something to worry about. I know you probably already knew that, but a reminder is nice every once in awhile.

Well riding responsibly is your best method of defense, at least. I know you a little bit Justin and I'd like to think you're one of the responsible ones too. If you weren't, then we wouldn't have had those conversations a while ago about you taking the MSF course. You wanted to be responsible on your bike, and thus you deserve respect on the road. So I apologize if my comments have offended you, but honestly that's not what my intentions were.

My point is that it's hard enough assure that you'll never crash and die when you're responsible on your bike, and you've definitely agreed with that statement by your response there. I'm not saying that I wish death on everyone who rides crotch-rockets. My cousin in hawaii actually owns 2 of them, and I have some friends that have them, so of course I wouldn't wish death on them. But at the same time, even if my own cousin died in an accident like this I would have no sympathy for him... but he's got my blood in him so he wouldn't do somethign stupid like this :)

Bikers have a bad reputation in general. And that's why a lot of cruiser-riders have some animosity towards crotch-rocket owners. I ride my bike to work everyday. I put on my helmet, my gloves, my leather jacket, and I drive responsibly to and from work. So I'm not doing anything to further the stereotype that is created for my by my sport-bike-riding counterparts. In general, there's just a different kind of respect for riding that is shared among cruiser-owners...not saying there aren't plenty of guys out there on sportbikes that have that same respect for riding.

bah I could lecture about this all day but everyone knows what my point is already. I'll cut it off there. I've got enough typing going on in my life at work and writing my book (long story...there will be another topic started later about it) so I don't need to be writing a book about this too. lol.

Zac

JustinS
10-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Just like a couple others have said, I've got no respect for them (when they're acting stupid) . I don't mind if my friends end up buying them or whatever, just because I'd rather have another crotch-rocket on the road than no bike at all. And if you think that by me calling it a crotch-rocket that I'm saying something derogatory, you've got a lot to learn Justin, because that's what "they" call it too.

And I stand by my statement. If you're going to be flying down an interstate going 120mph like an idiot, then you deserve to die. Simple as that. Again, not to be rude, but what else do you expect? At 120 mph not only do you have very little control over your bike, but it also makes it nearly impossible to guage how fast other vehicles are moving. If you're stupid enough to put everyone on that interstate in serious danger because you think it's fun to go that fast in something that has absolutely zero control at that speed then again, I hope you get taken out before you take someone else out.

Either way, don't take offense to something stupid like that. I'm not saying I have any sort of personal vendetta against crotch-rockets. I have as much respect for them as I do anyone else.... as long as they're respecting the roads like they should. Sure I've cut up on my cruiser a little bit, but only within my skill-level as an inexperienced rider. Nobody is skilled enough to go that fast on a road where there is traffic. Again, with only 2 wheels you have almost no control over what that bike does at 120mph. A gust of wind could throw you off the road in a split second.

Zac
All I said was "sportbike at the bottom of my post, which indicates what I prefer to call them along with the majority of riders in this category. I didn't mean to imply you were using it as a derogatory term.

Perhaps it's the way I was brought up or what has happened to me in the past, but I will NEVER ever wish death upon someone. Yes I will hope they get caught and ticketed, license revoked, and possibly jail time but I will never wish someone would have their life taken away from them. There are too many effects that a death has on family, friends, etc.

BTW, I'm not condoning idiots who go 120mph on highways, I am actually very much against it.

You are correct though Zac, I do consider myself one of the more responsible riders. I wear my helmet, A* jacket and gloves every time I ride and I do not excessively speed. Although, the spirited corner carving can be exciting every once and awhile.

*we need a group hug smilie*

ZacFields
10-25-2007, 11:34 AM
heh. I've scraped my pegs a couple times in corners as well. I can't talk too much s h i t about sportbikes because my bike is what you would call "a cruiser's version of a sportbike." If you look closely at the picture you'll see why that is.The biggest clue is the tires... and the fact that they're very unlike tires on almost all other cruisers and very identical to tires on most sportbikes. They're also tubeless tires. Doesn't come standard with a sissy bar (backrest), the suspension is more tuned for cornering and such. Pegs instead of floorboards, etc.

Not to say that it looks anything like a sport-bike... but it doesn't look much like your standard cruiser either. What kind of bike did you end up getting Justin? Did you already tell me this?

Zac

JustinS
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
I'll post a picture for you later today, but for now it is listed in my sig. :yawinkle:

69gt4speed
10-25-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't know if that pic is real or not, there are more graphic pics out there. After I broke my ankle and had that repair on it, when I decided to sell that 650 cause a lil fall fuked me up that bad I thought what about 35 mph? I can't afford to lose my job never get another like that now. They won't want you period, too big of risk...

That fri night at cordova in sept. the one run I did and top of 2nd it felt like the left wheel was coming off and car started sliding sideways well yea it scared me. At least a lil better chance of coming out ok in the 03.

All this cause of someone else not doing right. You can do everything perfect and something will fuk u, remember the damn deer that totaled the taurus at 70mph? That deer was dead, the car was trash. Imagine if on a bike.. any bike.. My ankle looks like sh-t, glad it isn't my face. Not to consider the $ cost, try about 13k out of my pocket this yr.

ZacFields
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
nice. I googled a picture of it. Very nice....good choice also. At least you're not one of those who thought they needed a 1200CC sportbike as their first bike. lol.

Biking is all about having fun. Whether you're on a cruiser or a sportbike its all the same thing...its just unfortunate that a lot of the people riding bikes that look like yours ruin your reputation without you even having a say in the matter.

We'll have to try and organize a bike-cruise next summer.Just a small thing. I can probably get at least a few bikes by then...but like I said in another post I could probably only find 1 more cruiser. Nobody my age has them. gah.

Zac

JustinS
10-25-2007, 11:44 AM
You mean buying a Hyabusa as a first bike isn't a good idea? lol

ZacFields
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
not unless ya wanna end up like the guy in the first post in this topic. lol.

BTW can anyone tell what kind of bike he had? I almost thought that was a BMW logo but I don't think so.

Zac

Luminatorz34
10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
oh thanks single me out zac. haha j/k actually, i have had a ton of dirtbikes and quads and stuff and 2 streetbikes( 750's) but have yet to own a "sportbike" aka the rocket. but i HAVE to get a 1000cc or bigger for my first rocket. the 600's are like mini bikes, 750's feel a lil better, but im completly comfortable on the 1000's and bigger. i tackled a zx12r (kawasaki ninja 1200r) and was completly comfortable on it. its all on how a person is built too, but how comfortable a person feels. yeah i fit the zx12r just fine and took it to triple digits and back, and felt comfortable the whole time until coming off the i-80 exit for iowa city, and the loose gravel caused the rear wheel to lock up trying to stop. yeah dumb move. but i learned. my dad taught me something as a kid too, with all my quads, and dirtbikes and shit. he always said you can have your fun, and goof off, but once you think you know it, it'll bite ya in the ass. and that saying has been true to me my whole life. but yeah dont go cruising at triple digits down the highway haha

zac its a kawasaki ninja of some sort. cant tell the size right off the bat though

JustinS
10-25-2007, 11:55 AM
It's a newer Kawasaki, unfortunately lol.

Luminatorz34
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM
as far as gruesomness comes into play. i dont think they would be more gruesome as they already are. look at the size of the guy. the blood basically came from his head hitting his own helmet, and maybe getting cut by the trailer door. more than likely he died from the impact of his chest hitting the bumper and floor of the trailer. describing the bent back look that zac was mentioning

Domestic Disturbance
10-25-2007, 01:28 PM
i think that saying they deserved it was a little harsh. by doing all that stuff they have to realize they are putting themselves in harms way, and they might be asking for trouble that way. you just got to hope they learn their lesson or make it out safetly. there are some pretty harsh crash pics out there. i remember seeing one of a guy in europe that got torn in half around a sign.

as for the bikes, i love crotch rockets. they are fun as hell to ride. if i could afford one i'd have one. 600's are all i've ever ridden and bout all i can handle for now. i love the way it feels hugging the road like they do. no quite ready for another loan though :Hangman: