PDA

View Full Version : Sport Compact Challange/ T&T today!

StreetSweeper
10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Here is the video..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/dc9c ... 74ef2f.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/dc9c676f-d899-4e92-806f-99ce0174ef2f.htm)

I allso raced Allgo's coabra, He got out on me and i all most had him at the end, but he got me by a nose.He has agreed to race me on the street some time in the near future. I think the outcome will be a little different. Sorry we didnt get anything taped on that race. The Slip looked like this:

StreetSweeper:
1.78 60ft
5.04 330
7.511 1/8
102.49 mph
9.595 1000ft
11.33 1/4
131.00 mph

Allgo
1.68 60ft
4.649 330
7.079 1/8
121.69 mph

Allgo won by .0374 of a second.

DustinsDuster
10-21-2007, 08:56 PM
no, he won by three tenths, not three hundredths, but thats still pretty quick. congrats.

StreetSweeper
10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
no, he won by three tenths, not three hundredths, but thats still pretty quick. congrats.

No dustin your wrong.. That is the Margin of Victory.. It states on the time slip.. Prety sure Allgo will vouge his timeslip is the same as mine.

He went 3 tenths quicker. as i went 10mph faster.

DustinsDuster
10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
you freakin imports and your lack of torque....

Ninesecsnake
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Nice video, but it would be way better if you actually showed the times. Either way you guys should come to CFR on Saturday there is going to be a bunch of fast street cars to play with.

black88gt
10-22-2007, 01:21 AM
nice video, weather was amazing today

DragonUSMC
10-22-2007, 06:44 AM
I still don't understand how you got .0374 from the equation: 11.33s - 10.996s = 0.334s

I'm no math genius but I'm pretty sure I can handle subtraction with decimals. Do they calculate it a different way when drag racing?

Government blocked streetfire, sooooo I'll have to wait till i get home to watch the race... damn I'm starting to hate this job more and more.

StreetSweeper
10-22-2007, 07:18 AM
That number is margin of victory.

allgo
10-22-2007, 09:49 AM
1) Did you fail to tell everyone that you redlighted!!!
2) Did you fail to tell everyone that you backed out on the money race that YOU set up with me!
3) I know your going to say it was spouse to be a street race but I told you I got 2 tickets and cant get another and thats why we where doing it at the track.( I also said I would do it for only $100 not 200 since it was at a track too)
I agree it was a good race but take the redlight and which gave you at least a car out of the hole and it wouldnt be as close. If I thought I didnt have you covered I would have sprayed my car! I new what your dad was doing by racing me those 2 times to see where you stood, and thats why we took some power out of the car. My car has went 10.80s with 1.49 60 fts all day if the track wasnt so shitty yesterday I would have put a lot more on you!
5) I new this would go to a pissing match thats why I came home and didnt say a thing about the race, so you should have just keep it out of the net like you said you where going to.

And once again it proved to you that mph doesnt win races Ets do!!
3000lb car with a 5 speed should out mph a 4000 lb car with a auto. If I wanted alot more mph I would have got a lock up convertor!

P.S. you lost to your dad to cause you redlighted!!

DustinsDuster
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
im not in the argument, but i wanted to explain to Jay the conversation George and i had. George broke the lights first, starting his time before allgo. allgo left, and managed to catch and pass George by mid track. by then, George's HP was pulling him harder than Allgo was going, and he started catching Allgo. Allgo crossed the finished line a couple inches ahead of George, resulting in the .034 second win. this is because George trapped at 10mph more than Allgo; thats how the margin of victory was so close.

DragonUSMC
10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
im not in the argument, but i wanted to explain to Jay the conversation George and i had. George broke the lights first, starting his time before allgo. allgo left, and managed to catch and pass George by mid track. by then, George's HP was pulling him harder than Allgo was going, and he started catching Allgo. Allgo crossed the finished line a couple inches ahead of George, resulting in the .034 second win. this is because George trapped at 10mph more than Allgo; thats how the margin of victory was so close.

OH i see so the reaction / take off time is also thrown into the formula, along with the 1/8 time to factor acceleration too. ok well that makes sense, i guess thats the best way to find out results minus the driver error.

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Better race again, this saturday at Cedar Falls.. Ryan, you bringing up the cobra??

Scott
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
That video is sweet George, I like the part at the beginning with Ed standing next to his car on the trailer and your getting ready to drive there..

allgo
10-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Better race again, this saturday at Cedar Falls.. Ryan, you bringing up the cobra??
Are you going scotty?? i am going again, I talked to talcott today he will be there also.

Scott
10-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Sweet, cant wait to Ryan's run again, I saw it run at WFC but it definetly had some track tuning to be done so it should be flying now :supz: I gotta give the car a few test runs before then but if it works the way it should I will be there running, if not I'll porbably be there watching..

StreetSweeper
10-22-2007, 07:30 PM
We raced, YOU WON!

But the Long of the short of it is this.

Your V8, HIGH DOLLLAR SUPER CHARGER, SLICKS, automatic, yada yada yada, got reeled in like a catfish on a line, by a 4 banger with a 5 speed. Now since I maned up and raced your race on the track, sneak out one night just a few of us and take the original agreed race on the street, and the $200.00 will be put up and held by my dad, and you know he wont screw you on your money. Yes I agreed on the money race but on the street, so since you changed the location I changed the bet. Look at the timeslip, you got the front half of the race due to your automatic, but the back half was mine from the 1/8 on and that was HP. So I am not making excuess, just man up like I did, the risks are equal for you and me.

OldSkoolRCR
10-22-2007, 07:45 PM
[quote="allgo"]1) I new what your dad was doing by racing me those 2 times to see where you stood, and thats why we took some power quote]

First off that is a BULL SHIT statement I was not doing anything of the sort, I told you I was just having some fun with my car, It runs the same everytime out on motor, first pass of the day was a 11.5, I dropped the tire pressure and went the next 5 passes on motor and yes PUMP gas were 11.4s .I sprayed 1 pass with the 100hp jet and went 10.5 @ 130 spinning, was going to up the jets to 150/200 but it looked like ran so I left. What ever your arguing about dont put me into it. I told you at the begining of the day my car runs this on motor lets make some passes togather for fun. I told you if you wanted to do a little something for a little cash I would be happy to but was going to spray the car. You said you could only run 1/8 for the rest of the day, till the end when you and George would race, and I said fine no biggie. This BS should not have started, but somewhere in the back of my head I knew it would :biggrin: ...I am so not looking forward to winter...Ed

allgo
10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Well george I cant race you on the street I told you that, you see when your dad told me that he didnt want to race on the street anymore after me and him agreed to race with his nova vs my gn I said ok lets do it at the strip and he agreed that racing on the street is pretty stupid anymore. I am the one with a ton to lose, aka home,business,etc.etc. I used to live and die on the streets but ever since they invented this thing called the internet when you can read all the time about other towns having street racing accidents and people getting killed It makes me think how many times I cheated death. P.S. You didnt reel anything in either so keep that fishing story going its a good one.

Ed I stand corrected then I kinda thought that is what was going on, oh well it was a good time!

StreetSweeper
10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Well as far as im concerned, you need to stop playing the he said she said bull shit.. I am allmost 19 years old. Stop associating with my parents. If he dont wanna race on the street good for him. I put my money in my car and i will do what i want with my car, and the thing is as much as he hates to say it my dad will tell you i do what i want allso. And second off you DID tell me you would run me on the street as long as i raced you that day on the track.

So for the second time PUT UP OR SHUT UP!! I declair i will blow you away on a street race. Take the challange or punk out!

allgo
10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
I said I would race you after feb. when my tickets cleared so I am not punking out so shut the fuck up!! I will race you I told you that but it wont happen until then, you see I wont punk out like you!!! your dad told me that you new you had to race me on sunday so is that why you tryed to get out of it!! I am not racing you for any $$ either since you wouldnt race me for any!!
George what did my bumper look like at the track??
My best et 10.80 off the spray, yours 11.30 you ve got a lot of time to make up!!!!

StreetSweeper
10-22-2007, 09:06 PM
" YOUR DAD THIS, YOUR DAD THAT" dad dont tell me shit. Get off your kick. Did you know he didnt even no we were racin. No one did i just rolled up next to you. Why Febuary. Lets go now! You had to have your track race now.. Lets go , Im willing to bet you will never do it because no you know i can run you down like a coon chasin a bowel of chicken, not to mention i will kick your ass the whole 1320 on the street! And your bumper, you should ask your self that, prolly similar to my FMIC sucking up your rearview mirror! :supz:

StreetSweeper
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
ENOUGH SAID, PUT UP OR SHUT UP..

allgo
10-22-2007, 09:24 PM
You sure talk alot of shit for someone that just got blown away!!!lol Now get in your room and start on your school work we dont want you to flunk out!

Enough said, BYE BYE

allgo
10-22-2007, 11:22 PM
by StreetSweeper on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:43 pm

allgo";p="122083 wrote:
lock it in with the cobra then $500

Dude if i had $500 to spare i would gladly take your race. But beings i don't have your money you will have to race for somthing in my price range.. And dont come back with your excuses. If my shit is still around, i promise you i will be down for somthing. Oh and Tell John force ill take his project Z allso as long as it has a DOT aporved street tire, redgistration and is fully street legal!WWW.STREETPSI.NET
StreetSweeper
Underground Fanatic

Private messageAIM

I looking where we said it was spouse to be on the streets????

StreetSweeper
10-23-2007, 06:05 AM
My best et 10.80 off the spray, yours 11.30 you ve got a lot of time to make up!!!!

Wrong my best on 4clys.is 11.22 @ 130.8mph, Not all that far off, and that was with a 1.79 60'. Not a 1.49 60' as you claim, and I backed it up 2 times, not the 1 pass you made. That makes yours not all that impressive. Now give me the 4 more clys. and see were I am at. See you won cause of the 60' and 1-2 shift, no excuess but if it would have been a good 60' as yours and a 1-2 shift there would have been lenghts between us. And that you can not deni, the proofs in the slip.

DustinsDuster
10-23-2007, 06:51 AM

Wrong my best on 4clys.is 11.22 @ 130.8mph, Not all that far off, and that was with a 1.79 60'. Not a 1.49 60' as you claim, and I backed it up 2 times, not the 1 pass you made. That makes yours not all that impressive. Now give me the 4 more clys. and see were I am at. See you won cause of the 60' and 1-2 shift, no excuess but if it would have been a good 60' as yours and a 1-2 shift there would have been lenghts between us. And that you can not deni, the proofs in the slip.

im not in the argument at all, but i just wanted to say George; youre drivetrain has a hard enough time dealing with 4cyls; im pretty sure a V8 would rip it to shreds...hehehe

allgo
10-23-2007, 07:10 AM
You make no sense, I ran a 1.68 60 ft against you, and you redlighted so you got a good car in a half lead and I drove by you like you were stoped at a drive thru. And I have backed it up with 2 10.80s and 6 10.90s.
you have only 1 11.20 . And I seen a couple 12.s to. your car weighs 3000lbs has no air or heat and makes 550awhp 11.20s is not impressive to me or alot of people on here. Well george just what you said you didnt want a bunch of talk on the net but look what you got.
You better hope vic doesnt put a big turbo like yours on his car and run faster then you.

TbTalon94
10-23-2007, 07:21 AM
You better hope vic doesnt put a big turbo like yours on his car and run faster then you.

OHHH SNAP lol...

What is this argument about anyway? Allgo won, both parties know...there probably won't be another track day that you both attend and Allgo can't race on the street until at least Feburary. What's there to argue? Just settle it when the time comes street/track whatever. Just make sure you guys video tape it so all of us can see the outcome of these pissing contests you guys get into :banghead:

Both of you guys have tremendous cars. Both are fast. Get over it....keep the shit rollin :bigthumb:

StreetSweeper
10-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Vic can by what ever turbo he wants, I have gone fast with nothing and i will call out any car to a "Street" race.

since wheen is a .100 1 1/2 cars.

logans dad
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I wish slow4 would let me borrow his 3065 turbo and manifold for a race. I have to figure out why my 1/8th mile was 3 tenths slower with more boost. Dammit.

I dont want to lower the car with springs but I do know I need better struts on the back so it doesn't squat as I think the passenger side of the front is spinning now and not the back.

StreetSweeper
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
And I have backed it up with 2 10.80s and 6 10.90s.
you have only 1 11.20 . And I seen a couple 12.s to. your car weighs 3000lbs has no air or heat and makes 550awhp 11.20s is not impressive to me or alot of people on here.

Well I have the slips and the video to prove my passes, first track day after went dynoed the car back to back 11.20s, and the tranny broke on the second pass, as for impressive, who's got the better bang for the buck? You got more in you engine compartment then I do the whole car :biggrin: Long and the short of it is MPH is HP. I am done with this and you.

allgo
10-23-2007, 06:44 PM
You have 3 different motors in your car dipshit so I think you have nothing on my cobra for bang for the buck!! What do you got 8,000 to 10,000 in 3 motors? And your pile is still only worth 5,000. Oh yeah the race tranny which is your 3rd one so dont even talk to me about bang for the buck!!! How much was that 35r to?

slow ride
10-23-2007, 07:01 PM
My old talon with full ac, heat, fmic, stock wheels, heavy door speakers/dynamat, no front/rear bumper, interior was around 2950lbs low on gas without me. I took some little things out and the car didn't have ABS from the factory, but the interior looked stock. I'm not sure what Algo has taken out of the cobra (if anything), but I'd bet it's at least 600-800lbs heavier than the Talon. So take the weight out of the cobra and it would be around a high 9 second car on boost.

snickerlicker
10-23-2007, 07:11 PM
George how can you compare the mph of two cars that are nowhere near the same? 1 car is a stick, 1 is an auto, 1 weighs 3900 lbs, the other maybe 3200. you can't. Your car makes good power, we all know that. But comparing your trap speed to Joe's Cobra has no relevance what so ever. You are better off comparing your car to another DSM, like Vic's for example because the set-up, weight, transmission is closer to the same. Truely apples to oranges on the DSM/Cobra trap speeds comparisons. + or - 100 lbs is usually good for gaining/losing 1 mph, I'm sure you've heard that before. So if your car weighed what Joe's Cobra does you could theoretically take away 7 mph from your 131 trap speed making it 124. same for Joe's car, have his heavy cobra lose 700 lbs and that gets him to 128.69. Pretty close to making the same power, just 2 different ways to go about it.

Jappbox
10-23-2007, 07:17 PM
wow why do we have to do this? vic slo4cyl has a 35R not 3065, allgo george dont have a 35R he has a 3065, you guys got it swaped. Im kinda for both sides here. for one the race at the track was good, but george redlight meaning algo one no matter what. on pinks he would have lost his ride! lol, as for the street geroges car prob is the same or better but CANT BEAT EVERYTHING, thats kinda big words, even when mine is done/tuned/hooking on the street i wont say I CAN beat anything just dont make since there is always something faster. as for georges hp and MPH the car should be a 10.7's car with the 1/8 mile and 1/4 MPH it has, it has a BAD hezatation from the 1-2 shift, and for some reason it dont 60ft well (prob suspension) Maybe by next year george will spend the money to fix both those problems and the car will be much more consistent. Again congrats to both on nice cars and a good race!

slow ride
10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Should have bought my old JIC's. 131 mph is damn good with a 3065 though. The problem with big turbos is the bigger they get the quicker the shifts need to be to keep things boiling. I'm sure you could use NLTS or anitlag, but everything has to be working right and shift points need to be in the 9000+rpm range. It's definately not easy to get stick/big turbo 4 cylinder down the track with a good et vs mph. I'd do some suspension (not sure what it has now) and some 24.5" slicks all around.

allgo
10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
My old talon with full ac, heat, fmic, stock wheels, heavy door speakers/dynamat, no front/rear bumper, interior was around 2950lbs low on gas without me. I took some little things out and the car didn't have ABS from the factory, but the interior looked stock. I'm not sure what Algo has taken out of the cobra (if anything), but I'd bet it's at least 600-800lbs heavier than the Talon. So take the weight out of the cobra and it would be around a high 9 second car on boost.
My car is fully loaded with extra amps, subs, so it is a heavy mother... slowride you going to be there sat? (cfr)

slow ride
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
I'll be there, but not racing. I've had enough views of the underside of the vette for the year. Sutch a PITA car to work on for drivetrain stuff. I'll bring the Vette unless I get a bug up my ass to run the Audi to see where it's at (I'd guess low 13's to high 12's on pump gas if the weathers right).

OldSkoolRCR
10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Ya know what fuck ya all...lol, I got the best bang for the buck heavy Camaro pump gas (BP gas station to be exact) and an old guy driving it. low 11s on motor mid/low 10s on the small jet. There top that one. Beware of next years ride, 2 wheel wonder, with a old guy at the throttle...GIDDY UP!!!!!!!! Ok enough said back to my DQ sandwich...Ed

TbTalon94
10-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Ha i'd have to say out of everyone's car here i'd take Ed's camaro, but Allgo's Cobra is right there.

Also the weight thing....George's car probably weighs like 2,900 with him in it, maybe less. It was light to begin with, doesn't have p/s,a/c, heater, bumpers, sound deadning, etc. etc. 1g's can get light as hell with just a few things taken out. On the other hand Vic's car is heavy to begin with...and he's removed nothing! So Vic running what he does on pump/meth and a full weight 2g on stock suspension is impressive. Again Allgo's Cobra is also a pig so his trap speed is obviously going to be slower.

Scott
10-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah I would almost give my left nut for a 03-04 cobra, I have always wanted one of those cars. I would have to stick with a 6 speed just for the fun of it on the street, Im jealous.. Ed's car is cool but it aint a FORD

StreetSweeper
10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Trevor,

Just FYI my car weighs 3165 with me in it. it allso has heat, idk where you got that. As for Vic's car, and nothing agianst Vic it should be running Consistant 11.40-50s.. I know its in the driving same as to why my car goes 131 and dont 60ft for shit, I HAVE TRACTION ISSUES!

TbTalon94
10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Trevor,

Just FYI my car weighs 3165 with me in it. it allso has heat, idk where you got that. As for Vic's car, and nothing agianst Vic it should be running Consistant 11.40-50s.. I know its in the driving same as to why my car goes 131 and dont 60ft for shit, I HAVE TRACTION ISSUES!

Lol damm boy get on a diet!! Yea idk where I thought you didn't have heat, maybe it was Kegger's car? Eh I can't remember. Either way your car is pretty light :yawinkle: I do agree Vic's car should be running mid 11's, and it'll get there. He said he was having problems with the 1-2 shift and it was bogging. That stock suspension is killing him too. AH well there's always something.

I just watched that video from Allgo of you guys racing, and you can really hear your 1-2 shift hesitation...what's the deal there? Is it just traction issues and when you shift it bogs way down? That is definatly your problem in not cracking in the 10's..can hear that shit a mile away.

-Trev

allgo
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Trevor,

Your MPH will go down when your traction problem is fixed!

StreetSweeper
10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Well I was not going to say anything more but, after giving it some thought I came to this...Yes Snickerlicker's calculations of weights vs mph may or may not be correct, I am sure they are close. Allgo's Cobra is not stock item, it is modded and modded with good parts not junk far from stock, and it is an automatic which plays to his favor, put a 5speed back in it and see were it ends up. But either way you look at it, if you lighten his car up and it gos the 129 trap speeds as Snickerlicker stated, You got to remember I am doing it with 1/2 the cylinders then him. 4 banger. There no disputing that. So take the 800 or so lbs off the Cobra, then kill 4 clyinders, and run the #s. All this BS takes the fun out of going to the track with everyone and just trying to have some fun.

Jappbox
10-24-2007, 04:15 PM
georges MPH will not go down with a better 60ft, its not a auto cobra.. in fact his MPH will prob go up with the 1-2 shift hesatation fixed prob around 133 or so and 103/104 in the 1/8th. to me it seems like a MAF prob or something the car sits at 5k or what seems forever before building boost back up, its the only gear that does it and only after a 1-2 shift. You have to reember stick cars arw way diffrent they MPH 30+ on the big end just like a bike. and MPH has to do with a lot of things including shift points and shifting speed, and boging, hesatation exc.. just like No lift a shift drops a few thenths off your time and gains you 2-4 MPH

Scott
10-24-2007, 05:27 PM
its really strange that allgo's car can run 102-103 in the 1/8 and only like 121-122 in the quarter but still run in the tens with only a 1.6? 60' I would think to run in the tens with that mph you would running alot quicker 60 than that..maybe Im just thinking too much

allgo
10-24-2007, 05:31 PM
its really strange that allgo's car can run 102-103 in the 1/8 and only like 121-122 in the quarter but still run in the tens with only a 1.6? 60' I would think to run in the tens with that mph you would running alot quicker 60 than that..maybe Im just thinking too much
Scotty after we got home and did some more pulls we found out it only was running 18 to 19lbs boost, the belt was slipping, thats why it was only picking up 18mph after the 1/8th. It has trapped 124 so we will see this sat I put another belt on and hope for no slipage.

OldSkoolRCR
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Well here is my question, If the Talon MpH 102-1/8 and 131+ in the 1/4 what ETs should it be running on a good pass, lets say a 1.68-1.70 60'

snickerlicker
10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
One of my Mustangs used to run 104mph in the 1/8th, 132 in the 1/4, and would go consistent 10.40s for E.T. 1.47-1.55 60fts were the norm. Car was an automatic though, so no lag time in the shifts like a stick. George has the power to go 10's, just needs to get it hooked up better, and shift the gears like no tomorrow.

snickerlicker
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM

Belt slippage and possible convertor issues are keeping the car from running out the back like it should.Should be better this saturday, the fix is in.

logans dad
10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Messing with the NLTS and lifting for second then bogging then turning it off and needing to shift slower just messed me all up lol, I will go back to using the NLTS option tho as it shifted sweet with it and I didt miss a gear using it, Man this is going to be a long winter.

Also investing in adjustable rear struts to keep the back from squatting so much.

slow ride
10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Scotty after we got home and did some more pulls we found out it only was running 18 to 19lbs boost, the belt was slipping, thats why it was only picking up 18mph after the 1/8th. It has trapped 124 so we will see this sat I put another belt on and hope for no slipage.

I'll bring the belt dressing :biggrin:

slow ride
10-24-2007, 08:25 PM
One of my Mustangs used to run 104mph in the 1/8th, 132 in the 1/4, and would go consistent 10.40s for E.T. 1.47-1.55 60fts were the norm. Car was an automatic though, so no lag time in the shifts like a stick. George has the power to go 10's, just needs to get it hooked up better, and shift the gears like no tomorrow.

There in lies the problem. Unless very light a high power DSM will eat transmissions (usually 3/4 slider) all day at the 500+whp level. It gets old building them(I got very good at it :yawinkle: ). Get a dogbox, evo input shaft conversion, DSS transfer case/driveshaft upgrade and your good to go. Might need a loan though :rolleyes: If I would have kept my Talon and only drag raced it I would have converted it to auto for sure. Seems to be WAY less parts breakage and MUCH better consistancy.

DustinsDuster
10-24-2007, 09:36 PM

There in lies the problem. Unless very light a high power DSM will eat transmissions (usually 3/4 slider) all day at the 500+whp level. It gets old building them(I got very good at it :yawinkle: ). Get a dogbox, evo input shaft conversion, DSS transfer case/driveshaft upgrade and your good to go. Might need a loan though :rolleyes: If I would have kept my Talon and only drag raced it I would have converted it to auto for sure. Seems to be WAY less parts breakage and MUCH better consistancy.

full manual auto for the win!

StreetSweeper
10-25-2007, 06:02 AM
I am putting the Talon away for the winter, Let Allgo dump another 10K in the Cobra, and we will see what the street brings next year with that stick car. Oh and Slow Ride its not a stock tranny.

allgo
10-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Will hopefully you wont have to dump another motor in your car!!!! 3 motors 1 year godd job.How many head gaskets!! Did you get that stock bought!!!lol

90 notch
10-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Who's all gonna make it to cedar falls this weekend??Me and my bro will be up their with the white car.Steve o

Scott
10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
yeah with that 1/8 mile mph and 60' I would say you definetly got some issue's with your mph, whether or not your lifting I dont know but theres some room to improve thats for sure

slow ride
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I am putting the Talon away for the winter, Let Allgo dump another 10K in the Cobra, and we will see what the street brings next year with that stick car. Oh and Slow Ride its not a stock tranny.

I understand it's not stock, but if it's based on stock parts it's not much stronger. All the heavy duty parts offered by transmission vendors are just stock parts mixed and matched to get the best parts from all years. If it's not a dogbox with stright cut gears it's next rebuild is just around the corner. You could have the internals cryo'd and buy a little more time, but the gears are just to damn small to absorb the load you can put on them at this point. I'm not saying they won't last for a bit, but it's service life is very low. Either take out more weight or go to a dogbox to keep the transmission together at your racegas power levels.

Good fluids can help also. Most use NEO RHD, but it's expensive. Plain old synchromesh, BG, etc. are just to thin, but shift nice. Sometimes mixing fluids can work well also to keep shifting good and have good shear strength.

OldSkoolRCR
10-26-2007, 06:11 AM

quote]

Tranny has a NO QUESTIONS asked lifetime warrenty, so who cares if it breaks 100 times...

slow ride
10-26-2007, 05:05 PM
When crackerjack goes under then what? Just go to Shep he is the real deal. 8) See you guys at the track tomorrow. By the way badass Camaro oldschool :supz:

OldSkoolRCR
10-26-2007, 05:15 PM
When crackerjack goes under then what? Just go to Shep he is the real deal. 8) See you guys at the track tomorrow. By the way badass Camaro oldschool :supz:

Well if he goes under, I suppose lesson learned..lol, Thanx for the complement on the camaro, I may go tommarow, still waiting to here on some other plans I had made with JappBox...Ed

logans dad
10-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Where are you guys getting the street legal slicks from?

I posted in DSMlink and a guy explained that I was spinning clear through 1st gear and how to tell, Well I guess if you know what to look for In DSM logs like MPH going up to 40 then down to 30 MPH but it didnt feel like it was spinning. I do know I was out to lunch also on shifting. :BURNOUT:

DustinsDuster
10-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Where are you guys getting the street legal slicks from?
:

i always ordered mine from Virgil. go there and get yourself some 26" tall Hoosier QTP's and i'll bet your hook problems will go away

logans dad
10-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Is he the guy that has the store in his garage?

DustinsDuster
10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
yeah, if you want to call it a store. id say either go to him or Lint's; as they regularly order things from Jeg's/Summit, and it'll probably be cheaper than ordering them over the phone.

logans dad
10-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I'll have to try Sperry's first but nver saw new slicks there.