PDA

View Full Version : (Legitimate) Work from home, make extra $$$

ZacFields
10-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey guys,

I was browsing CNN Money today and stumbled onto a neat article that caused me to do a little bit deeper research on the subject. The subject being working from home in a customer service-type atmosphere.

I thought I invented this idea about 6 months ago but apparantly it has already been thought of and capitalized on my some lucky SOB. Basically you can work for a call center from your very own home. The only equipment you need is a reliable home PC and internet connection, a nice headset and a landline telephone. The pay range is between $8-$20/hour, more if you're specialized in something like insurance or tech support.

For more info click this link: http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/TakeContr ... 214&page=1 (http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/TakeControlOfYourLife/story?id=3460214&page=1)

I'm not considering this for myself, because I already work full time and in just a few months I'll be starting on my bachelors degree so I just won't have the time, but I thought this would be worth looking into for some of you younger guys who are looking to make a few extra bucks on top of what you make at work. Hell, get hired on and just devote your paychecks from your work-at-home job towards a vacation or (hint hint) some savings such as an IRA or Mutual Funds.

Just curious if anyone's ever done this before or know of somebody who has? I was intrigued by it because I had envisioned about 6 months ago that this is probably where almost all call center jobs will end up within 20 years or so. Wish I had known about this back when I was in high school/starting out at college.

Zac

Drifte
10-19-2007, 09:03 PM
i had heard of it. Theirs commercials and stuff out for it. It seems like a good way to have someone like an at home parent to make a few extra dollars at nap time or somethin.

96-eclipse-gst
10-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I hate call center type of things, ever since RuffaloCODY I can't stand them. About the only stay at home thing I could do is data entry. They send you all kinds of forms, you input them all in the system. God, if I could just find a damn good job that pays really well.