PDA

View Full Version : Took my first MMA fight! (vid)

TURBOWHT
10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
So this weekend took my first mma fight in Albia. I wasnt on the card, but they needed someone to fight so i did it. I have been training for 9 months, and been wrestling since 1st grade so my ground is pretty good. Just thought i would post the video to see what people thought. I am in the black trunks with the yellow gloves. Enjoy!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=20133108 (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20133108)

Drifte
10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
it was kinda jumpy for me. but it sure looked like you had ground control. You seemed kinda timid to swing tho, or drop some boe's. Good stuff man, had no idea you were into that.

TURBOWHT
10-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Yepp, been doing it for a while now. Im not afraid to swing. I knew once i threw that first jab he was going to come at me swinging so i just waited for him to throw his punches and that was it. and never really got to hit him with very many good punches because he did a really good job of covering up. and he held on to my head forever so i couldnt really hit him with much tell i slide him into the fence and broke his grip on my head then i got to throw some punches. but he still did a good job of covering his face. I think shots to the ear and head finally did a toll and thats why he tapped.

DustinsDuster
10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
i got your fisrt comment on myspace yo. good fight man. i was hoping you got him on some crazy arm bar or something, but that was pretty good as well

TURBOWHT
10-15-2007, 07:10 PM
ya i was looking for the armbar the whole time. Fans would rather see KOs though haha. If it would of been better i def. would of armbarred him. I was definitely in position for it. Could of gotten a couple other chokes too, oh well.

amoander
10-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Nice job, you got the mount quick. People don't realize it is very hard to mount that quickly early in the fight because everyone is so fresh. Keep working at it. Man the thrill of it is great ( also loved the pure challenge of pushing yourself). I trained for two years and had four fights (stopped 4 years ago, long story). Next time give a heads up when you fight i honestly will make and effort to get there if it is near by and a day i am not wokring. Where you training out of?

Domestic Disturbance
10-16-2007, 01:53 AM
thats badass.nice job

TURBOWHT
10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
We train here in ottumwa, (Ottumwa fight club). Have a good group of people that work out down here. And i will let you know the next time i fight, Couple people i know are fighting in marshaltown in a couple of weeks. But im going to train hardcore before i take my next one.

TbTalon94
10-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Does TJ fight in the same group as you guys? I haven't seen him fight yet though.

*ninja edit*

damn good take down you had there, props to you :bigthumb:

TURBOWHT
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Nope he trains in des moines with a bunch of big top dogs. Like halverson, chuck grisby, and ryan hass, jeremy stevens, bunch of bad asses. when i find time from school im going to start going up there, and im also going to be coming to CR to train with team hard drive.

TbTalon94
10-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Sounds like you've got a plan worked out for you. I've been really getting into MMA lately and i'd love to actually get into it and fight, but I just don't have the schedule to devote the amount of time i'd want/need to work out and train. Man i'd love to be in there though, or just the chance to train with some of the big dogs. Takes a lot of will-power though to keep through it!

TURBOWHT
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
ya thats what is hard for me. Im going to school full time. plus in my program I have to actually do clinical time at the hospital and on the ambulance so when im not at school or studying im at the hospital, so its really hard to make time for it. I have started working out at least 2 times a day if possible. Conditioning is prolly one of the most important things. and running 5 miles a day doesnt even help. Sprints are best thing.

JacobS
10-16-2007, 02:07 PM
you could definetly see some wrestling moves in there! nice job

Ricky
10-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Ryan hass? wow i went to school with that guy

Ashley
10-19-2007, 06:32 AM
its a different ryan hass, not the one that went to prairie.

Ricky
10-19-2007, 06:51 AM
O

TURBOWHT
10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Ryan hass that trains in des moines? I think thats who ashley was talking about. Friend of mine is actually good friends with him.

tylers88
11-01-2007, 01:56 PM
your fucking nuts way to go on the win