PDA

View Full Version : Need to Vent!!!

amoander
10-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Ok, i haven't had my mustang in 11 weeks now and it is driving me nuts, what is driving me more insane is other people with performance cars. I have been driving my g/f's 06 civic. No one in IC races at all, I have tried to get numerous 350Z's all decked out, couple Z28's, an BMW M6, etc. all the drivers are my age. I will pull up next to them or see them in a parking lot (usually with a their friends or girls) and they all tell me the same thing, "I race, but you know not really around here and all" or some type of excuse equal to that. Well that is totally fine with me if one chooses not to race. I totally understand the plethra of reasons why people would or wouldn't race on the street or track. What drives me nuts is i see these people gettin on it all the time and racing other similar cars, peeeling out on the street sliding around corners etc. Most have had to get new tires or have bald tires, yet they tell me they don't race. What really really got me going was yesterday a guy in a yellow 350Z with exhaust and bodykits pulls up next to me and it revving it and etc. takes off kinda quick, slows down so i am next to him and gives me this cool joe blow look, like he is soooo coool cause im driving a civic with my g/f and he has a 350Z. He is also one of the guys who absolutely refused to race me in my mustang. Someone explain why people do this, i own a perforamnce car slightly for the image but 99% for the fun of racing, driving, and modifing!!!!

NewSpeedSteed
10-13-2007, 06:10 PM
I think we have all had that experience at one time or another. I can't count the times that I've been driving my Audi only to have a Camaro, Eclipse, GTO w/e pull up and either rev, give me a nasty look or take off all fast from the light, leaving me thinking "ohh what a badass... dumbass is more like it." But there is a solution for you... its pretty obvious really, you need to slap a turbocharger on that lil civic asap. LMAO then both you and your g/f's cars will be 'performance' cars- oh god I just called a honda civic a performance car... suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to stab myself in the face!

Don't worry Adam, when your GT comes back it wil be all worth it I promise.