PDA

View Full Version : Family Pet

fbodyguy
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I took our Siberian Husky into the vet yesterday, because he had hurt his leg a couple of days ago, 13.5 year old male, pure bread.
The Vet said $900 to repair a completely torn ACL in the LH rear leg and the arthritis was bad enough that he wouldn't be able to use the leg properly, afterwards.

So I had to put our family pet down yesterday. Hardest thing I've ever had to do, in my life so far.

biohazard
10-10-2007, 01:20 PM
That sucks man. I hate to see the day when my parents have to put down their American Eskimo.

DustinsDuster
10-10-2007, 02:22 PM
you had to put Seiken(sp?) down? oh man, i am sorry to hear that. he was an awesome dog, i'm going to miss him.

96-eclipse-gst
10-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I know how you feel, we put my family dog down maybe two weeks ago. I've had him since I was in like 2nd grade. He was a 14 year old mutt, (yellow lab, golden retriever) It was the hardest thing I have ever done as well. It was even harder for my dad. My dad is not a huge emotional guy, but last time I talked to him he was completely bummed. I just moved out (im the baby of the family) and now his dog died. In his own words "its too hard to do right now, ive lost my son and my dog" But it does show how emotionally attached we become with our pets, they arent just pets anymore, they are family.

Drifte
10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
thats probably pretty terrible. I know I was upset when I had to put my cat Gizmo down. My bro ran over him with the Dodge, and he was still alive and concious. He skipped class and drove him to the vet, they thought they fixed him. He was in my room that night making weird noises and didnt seem happy, so next day went back to the vet, his internals were like on the outside...idk how to explain it but it doesnt surprise me when a 2ton pickup rolls over you.

needless to say he was my favorite animal of all time, and my gf gave him to me.

sorry for your loss.

fbodyguy
10-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I really hate having to deliver the message to the girls. I had to tell each one seperate since one was at a swim meet till 9.

As far as another pet, I'm not up for one for a while. Anything in comparison to Seiken may be dissapointing.

Sorry guys on your losses also, the cat story; doesn't even sound like the cat should have left the vet the first time.

RandomHero
10-10-2007, 09:49 PM
i miss Gizmo too

DustinsDuster
10-10-2007, 11:19 PM
As far as another pet, I'm not up for one for a while. Anything in comparison to Seiken may be dissapointing.

i know what you mean. he mightve gotten a little excited sometimes, but he was a remarkably well behaved dog. his is a hard act to follow...

Ricky
10-11-2007, 11:56 PM
i had to put my samoid down in febuary after that really bad ice storm. It was really hard for me to stay with him and carry him back to the car. i grew up with him and didnt know what it was like without him. im sorry for your lose and it will be hard but it will soon get better.