PDA

View Full Version : Burning dvds

Drifte
10-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Couple questions. I have dvd shrink 3.2, and i have copied some of my dvd's to my hd, but it says i need nero to burn them back onto a disc. Do I, and why?

Other thing is, I found Initial D, with real people. made in 2005, its probably the most realistic drift based movie made. pretty neat, but plot/acting not so good. its voiced over in english.

biohazard
10-01-2007, 03:35 PM
You don't have to have Nero but you do need software that can burn DVD information. Roxio would probably work as well

JustinS
10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Personally, I use DVD Shrink 3.2 and also DVD decryptor. Open the disc in DVD shrink, click backup and it copies to your hard drive. The minute that is finished it automatically opens DVD Decryptor and you insert a disc and burn away. Has been working flawlessly for me for 2ish months.

This helped me immensely:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105641

ZEE
10-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Personally, I use DVD Shrink 3.2 and also DVD decryptor. Open the disc in DVD shrink, click backup and it copies to your hard drive. The minute that is finished it automatically opens DVD Decryptor and you insert a disc and burn away. Has been working flawlessly for me for 2ish months.

That's what I use also. I have come across some stubborn movies that won't decrypt. With those I use DVDFab. Usually that will decrypt them. Then burn them with DVD Decryptor.

Drifte
10-02-2007, 08:20 AM
excellent. i will try that out tonight. thanks guys.

Drifte
10-02-2007, 01:30 PM
damnit i have the worst luck with software. gaaawd. I dled dvdfab, opened my already saved to hd dvd and hit start, and nothing. I tried to just copy the file directly to my dvd drive, nothin. idk whats goin on. My dvd shrink says nero, or not nero. but nothin seems to work. Also I have 2 files, a video and audio file. Ill check it again alter tonight when i have more time. but man software pisses me off. Im the guy that spends money for the good version, and then it doesnt work cuz someone already jacked my legal code(microsoft office for example).

JustinS
10-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Lol, poor Colton.

JustinS
10-02-2007, 02:01 PM
In DVD Shrink 3.2 make sure this box is unchecked in preferences if you do not want to use NERO. And try using DVD Decryptor to see if it works for you.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/j99coug/Coltonscreenshot.jpg

Drifte
10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
other than a different skin mine looks exactly like that. I'm gonna try to start with a disc now instead of trying to grab a movie off my hd. But i appreciate ya takin that screen shot, photobucketing it, and posting it, i know that takes a little time.

Drifte
10-02-2007, 04:25 PM
sob, initial d has navigation errors and such. I probably shouldnt have started with a japanese movie but i want it for screen shots. eh, i need my brother to fix it.

ZEE
10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
In DVD Shrink 3.2 make sure this box is unchecked in preferences if you do not want to use NERO. And try using DVD Decryptor to see if it works for you.

Checking or unchecking this won't make any difference. Mine is always checked and it never asks me for Nero.

Just a quick run through. Most of this you might already know.

DVD Shrink 3.2----This will decode and create a single ISO file out of all the different files on the DVD

-open disc
-select dvd'OK'
-software will analyze
-If it will all fit on one disc without compression, great. Go ahead and click Backup. This will copy the full disc to an ISO file on your hard drive. You will lose some quality with compression. If you just want the movie and not all the chapters and other crap, Click re author. This will bring up another window. Double click 'title 1' which is usually the main movie. Click backup. Again this will save to an ISO file on your hard drive. Just copying the movie will let the movie start immediately when inserted into player without having to wait through intro and push play and any stupid movie previews.
-Backup complete.

DVD Decryptor------Recreates the Video-ts and Audio-ts files from the decrypted ISO file you created with DVD Shrink and burns them to DVD

-Click mode tab. Go to ISO and click write if it isn't already in this mode.
-Browse for your ISO file you saved to hard drive in the source area.
-Make sure the destination tab is showing your burner.
-Insert blank disc.
-Click write.
-Done

Some times I've had DVD's that don't decode correctly with DVD Shrink and throw errors at you. Hasn't happened often though. With these I use DVDFab. I just realized that this is no longer free. It used to be free shareware. If you search I'm sure you could still find it. It's DVDFab 3.0.3. I always try DVD Shrink first. If it works wich it usually does. I use that. Otherwise it's just another step and 20 minutes wasted for me if I use DVDFab when it's not necessary.

DVDFab----Cleans it up and burns to hard drive so it can be read by DVD Shrink with out errors

-Insert disc. Start DVDFab.
-click start.
-click finish.
-Open DVD Shrink and open folder that has all the files you created with DVDFab. Read it like you would a dvd and create your ISO file and burn with DVD Decryptor.

I don't know if you can burn a usable DVD just with DVDFab. I just know most people use it to burn a copy to the hard drive so that it can be decoded with DVD Shrink.

This is how I do it. There's been only one or two DVD's I haven't been able to copy using this method. And I copy alot. My kids destoy all their movies. So they only get copies to destroy. Hope this helps some.

JustinS
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
other than a different skin mine looks exactly like that. I'm gonna try to start with a disc now instead of trying to grab a movie off my hd. But i appreciate ya takin that screen shot, photobucketing it, and posting it, i know that takes a little time.
Hardest part was drawing the arrow. ;)

Drifte
10-03-2007, 09:21 AM
ok so i discovered I had the wrong program. I was using dvd fab decrytor not dvd decryptor. Now I have DVD Decryptor copying initial d to my hd,and then to a cd. Hopefully it works. Because it otherwise didnt recognize the other ISO files saved to my hd.

Drifte
10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
oh man it was going so good. Then i went to take it from my hd to burn it again it didnt recognize the files! Atleast its on my hd now, i can return it and try another movie.

ZEE
10-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Go here. http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/dvddec.htm Especially read the part about ISO Mode. Lot's of movies are dual layer now. You can copy to a dual layer DVD, but the price of them is enough you might as well buy the movie. That's why DVD Shrink is so popular. You can pull the movie only off of a dual disc DVD. The movies will always fit on a single layer DVDR. Plus when DVD Shrink analyzes (Faster than decoding) you find out in short order whether it will fit on a single layer DVD before you go through the time of decoding. Then use DVD Decryter to burn the ISO file to DVDR.

JAY