PDA

View Full Version : 2g DSMs

Stutz
09-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Any 2gs for sale around cedar rapids? I saw a 96 talon tsi awd for $3000 in a "Cars 4 U" but it wasnt at the stealership and there was a 99 oz rally at djauto but it had 122,000 miles, it was auto and had rust and they wanted $6k :suspect:

TbTalon94
09-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't get a that's not turbo. The 420a's suck. Unless your just going for the look.

Look around dsmtrader.com. Could also try autotrader. Are you justs looking for a stock one?

Stutz
09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
I really dont care about making it fast or not, tint, rims and a system is all i need/want. Everybody and their mom and their older brother has a gtp or regal gs (no seriously my mom has a gtp and my bro has a regal gs) now so im just looking for something different. Was thinking about a cobalt ss or a neon srt4 but i dont want that big of car payments. I would perfer a turbo one tho, my brother used to have a 98 gs and my friend use to have a 96 gs, both were dogs.
Also i hate the 95/96 bumpers.

slobalt
10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
I really dont care about making it fast or not, tint, rims and a system is all i need/want. Everybody and their mom and their older brother has a gtp or regal gs (no seriously my mom has a gtp and my bro has a regal gs) now so im just looking for something different. Was thinking about a cobalt ss or a neon srt4 but i dont want that big of car payments. I would perfer a turbo one tho, my brother used to have a 98 gs and my friend use to have a 96 gs, both were dogs.
Also i hate the 95/96 bumpers.

I've noticed there are a lot of Pontiacs-Olds around here too.

I like my 05 balt and I think they're better looking than the SRT neon. But then again I'm a little biased. Though I will say the SRT can be made much faster than the cobalt and the SRT has those handy 4 doors.

Sorry I just saw Cobalt SS and had to chime in. I'm just starting to learn a little about the DSMs. While I've always bought Chevy's the EVO looks good when I see it comin' in the rear view mirror, just too expensive. Same goes with the WRX's too.

Drifte
10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
keep lookin, ive seen gs-t's for as low as 2k. Just gotta search the right places, which ya never know where that is till ya find it! I talked 1 2g gs-t owner down to $1500, and i still turned it down for a 1g :)

Jappbox
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
slo4cyl has a moded 95 GST red with 116k lowered, 16G bolt ons. hes asking 5k

logans dad
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Jims Auto at Mechanicsville had a black Talon for 3800 when I went buy a week ago. Call info and get his number and ask about it. Looked pretty nice and I dont know if it was auto or manual.
Automatics can run some good times with a racing stall converter!!!!
It was a 98 and looked like Trevors car.

96-eclipse-gst
10-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Definately don't hate on the automatic dsm's. They can kick ass and hang with the 5 spds just as well as any. Keep looking around and i'll send you im's when I see or hear of something. I always see dsm's for sale, that and people know I love them so they come tell me when they see something. If your looking for looks, why not grab up a OZ edition. They look damn nice and keep your insurance cheap. I know Ford Zimmerman had one that was in immaculate condition. Should cruise by and see if they still have it.

Stutz
10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I just found a 97 gsx for under $3k, but i just got laid off for two weeks :(

96-eclipse-gst
10-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Is it on J st for $2850? I looked at that one at night. I think it's like a purple in color? It would be a good car, but I would definately keep a DD around because the person who owned it before did a half ass job modding it. It needs tires, who knows what it needs suspension wise, hopefully motor and tranny are still good. Plus its under 3k for a 97 GSX, Salvage title??? It would take some money but if you bought it, just make it fast as hell.

Stutz
10-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Thats prolly it, i just saw it in the newspaper havent called them yet.

Stutz
10-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I looked at the $2850 97 gsx. It has a slavage title, and a blown head gasket. The guy who has it bought it at an auction and aparently just knows about body work or something. Stock everything except bov, and exhaust that leaks. Its missing the turbo wing and the fog lights and turn signal lights on the front. Engine is pretty dirty and the whole car looks like it needs a good cleaning. No radio and some interior stuff are missing. Has a dsmtuners sticker on it. And the boost guage doesnt work or something? so he didnt know how much boost it was pushing (im guessing previous owner beat the shit out of it and blew the headgasket.) Some of the engine stuff looked pretty janked up but im no dsm guy so idk.

Can anyone who knows there stuff about dsms come take a look at it for me? Im very interested in it but i dont want to get screwed. It was sitting at the stop sign by hawkeye downs with 3 other cars. If someone who knows there stuff could look at it for me/with me that would be great (could even make a lil money!) Im laid off til thursday so i have nothing better to do but look at cars.

96-eclipse-gst
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
He is asking WAY TOO much. I could take a look with you on wednesday. Just send me a PM

Stutz
10-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I decided that car has just too many problems with it and i dont need another car sitting around ended up not driveable. Plus i dont know shit about dsms

belittle
10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Sounds like the car is maybe worth 1k, at tops 1.5k.

RandomHero
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
The 420a's suck. Unless your just going for the look.

ouch

Ricky
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
^ haha

DiamondStarMotors
02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
i remember paying 10k for my 95 TSi AWD.. stock, and i drove to milwaukee.. i hate you guys.. lol

Drifte
02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
i remember paying $550 for my first tsi awd, then $1800 for the next, then paying for my next one with some speakers i had. I started off cheap atleast.

96-eclipse-gst
02-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Paid $1200, was repossessed by the bank. Gotta love idiots who don't pay bills.

belittle
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Paid 9500 for my car nearly 3 years ago. Nearly paid off to. I have about 1k left on the loan. About 30k later, I'm as happy as can be.