PDA

View Full Version : My Little Car

slobalt
09-20-2007, 03:35 PM
My daily ride..........

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/lightninbalt/alterego.jpg

NewSpeedSteed
09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I'll be the first to comment, I like it. I've always been intrigued about Cobalts (mainly the 'SS' model) and from what I've read Chevy did a pretty good job on them. It's a shame that they dropped the supercharged SS version (couldn't meet the upped emission standards) I would really consider one for a daily driver. The main thing that worries me is the same thing with the SRT-4: snow driving. I have heard horror stories about SRT-4s and Cobalt SS's in snowy weather. And since this is Iowa and we have the 5 seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Road Construction) I have to pass. I almost bought a '05 sliver SS for 14 grand. But walked away because I didn't need another car payment at the time.

Damn, I got way off subject, and deleting all of that is too much work, so once again nice car... the color is perfect.

DustinsDuster
09-20-2007, 04:42 PM
i like the looks of those little cars...if only they were RWD, thatd be pretty awesome.

ZEE
09-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Those stock tires are crap in the snow. Put different tires on and it's no worse than your standard front wheel drive car.

slobalt
09-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the comments. Guys here at work are telling me horror stories about the Iowa winter. I learned to drive in Wyoming in my moms Pinto, I'm hoping I can remember everything I learned about winter driving. Plus I figure I'll be switching over to the ol' truck with sandbags. Did a lot of ice driving in Texas with it, now that's fun.

Scott
09-21-2007, 08:33 AM
I had a buddy with a cobalt that looked excatly like yours and he rolled it after sliding into the ditch last winter.. better get some snow tires for the front, it makes hella difference

ZacFields
09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I flat out fell in love with the cobalt SS in 05 when they came out. I went to Pat McGrath chevyland and test-drove one (was one of my first manual tranny experiences) and I just loved it. The options were awesome, and the car was as zippy as anyone ever needs. But in 2005 I was 19-20 and working part time at quik-trip, so I did not have the money to pay for the car payments/insurance on a brand new supercharged car.

But definitely love the car. One day in the somewhat-distant future I will probably purchase an SS. Like nate said it definitely sucks that they stopped making the supercharged version, but who knows if that is a temporary thing or if they just had to go back to the drawing boards for a couple years to figure out how to comply with the new emission standards.

Zac

Domestic Disturbance
09-21-2007, 06:40 PM
if those rims r 17s i have some snow tires 4 sale :bigthumb:

slobalt
09-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Hmmm......I've got 18's on the car and 16's no the truck. No luck there.

tylers88
09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Zac I'm not to worried cuz the Camaro was supose to be gone for ever to but that's supose to be out by the end of next year or early 09, I think that's what I heard anyway. I think the only car that hasn't come back(or have plans to) that people would buy would probably be a new Vega.

O yea and kiss my :butthead: to the people who make the emision laws.

slobalt
09-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Chevy went and turbo'd the HHR maybe thats the plan for the Cobalt too.

I'm gonna hold out for the new Camaro. Cobalt will be paid off in 18 months, just in time.

DustinsDuster
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Chevy went and turbo'd the HHR maybe thats the plan for the Cobalt too.

I'm gonna hold out for the new Camaro. Cobalt will be paid off in 18 months, just in time.

cool, when you get one of those, you can come out and race my new Challenger. we'll see which one is faster...

slobalt
09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
cool, when you get one of those, you can come out and race my new Challenger. we'll see which one is faster...

that'd be something to see.

Domestic Disturbance
09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
ls3 :bigthumb:

tylers88
09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Dustin I do have to hand it to Dodge the new Challengers look cool as hell. And the LS3 will have 1 major draw back almost garented(spelling??) :cop:

Domestic Disturbance
09-26-2007, 03:42 AM
guaranteed. whats that drawback? pushrods?

DustinsDuster
09-26-2007, 06:13 AM
i dont think pushrods are a drawback. i like my torque curve...

Domestic Disturbance
09-26-2007, 08:51 PM
ya i like my pushrod engine. i didn't know if he was a ford fan or something though, otherwise whats the problem with it?

krustindumm
09-28-2007, 10:18 AM
It's a shame that they dropped the supercharged SS version (couldn't meet the upped emission standards) I would really consider one for a daily driver.

i find it funny that gm will drop the cobalt ss (22/30mpg) for emissions reasons, but the AWD 6.0L trailblazer (14/17mpg) stays in production no problemo.

And it's all about C.A.F.E. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_ ... el_Economy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_Average_Fuel_Economy)

Fuck the EPA for making useless laws, Fuck GM for extorting loopholes, and Fuck the average American consumer for buying into the bullshit.

Kevinmach1
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
My wife's brother actually designed the front and rear of the cobalt. He will be glad to hear you like it...

slobalt
10-09-2007, 08:10 AM
My wife's brother actually designed the front and rear of the cobalt. He will be glad to hear you like it...

Funny you should mention that, while I like the car overall the only thing that I didn't like was the rear. The rear end just didn't look right for some reason I can't quite place it though.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/lightninbalt/rear1.jpg

Domestic Disturbance
10-11-2007, 12:51 AM
ya i hear you. i love the way the tail lights look on those though. it might be the fact that your backbumper looks like its stretched. still good looking cars