PDA

View Full Version : White Template

ZacFields
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
This is not going to be our final template, by the way. But I'd like to get you guys used to using a lighter template style because that is what we're going for with IAF.

The reason we're using this template for the time-being is because since our software is still in RC stages, there are not very many good templates available to us right now. So to make the upgrading process easier(like when the software comes out of RC stage and is a final product) we will roll with this template for a while.

What do you guys think about the lighter background? Personally I think it makes text 10 times easier to read, and it makes the site look much more professional.

Questions, Comments, Ideas?

Zac

DustinsDuster
09-18-2007, 04:41 PM
it's gonna take some getting used to, but i'll cope. it kindof hurts my eyes; its like like the old board was in the dark, and now you flipped the lights on me!

ZacFields
09-18-2007, 06:25 PM
We'll try it like this for a few days. if everyone really doesn't like it, then we can go to a darker background again.

I don't mind it. Text is easier to read and such, but it really all depends on what everyone else wants.

Zac

sLoWnStEaDy
09-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Ill pop my $.02
i dont like it... rather i HATE it! May be i am gettin old but it hurts my eyes! really gonna suck at like 3am when i cant sleep and decide to see if i have any PMs or if there are any good posts i didnt read already... On a good note, it will save some on the electric bill because i dont have to have any ligths on anymore. The screen lights up my whole room pretty well, almost as good as th eshitty lighting does...(seriously)

DustinsDuster
09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
i also dont like that it doesnt show the most recent thread posted in, in the forum index i mean. it just the user name and the date. can we get the thread title back?

DragonUSMC
09-19-2007, 07:19 AM
wow, really you guys hate it... cause i love it.. it seems a million times easier to read then before. CRU was the only BLACK forum i've ever even seen.

anyway, i luv it... fuk you guys!

Luminatorz34
09-19-2007, 07:37 AM
uhm, im with keith, i hate the light template. way harder on my eyes, and im with Dustin, on the topics heading being gone...now u have to go into each specific section to see new topics...

JustinS
09-19-2007, 11:25 AM
I like the white scheme, but I hate all the blue on here. Needs to be more monochromatic.

Domestic Disturbance
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
i dont like it as mcuh as the other once IMO

slobalt
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
My .02 on the template :sleep:

When I think professional I think of the guy with the suit and tie who looks like every other professional. So by that statement, its very professional. It has the look of the majority of the forums out on the web, very cookie cutter. Plus it is much easier to read posts.

The only thing I really miss is the quick reply box.

DustinsDuster
09-19-2007, 02:09 PM
The only thing I really miss is the quick reply box.

thanks, i was just going to post that i was missing that feature...

Scott
09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
WHITE SUCKS, I SAY GO BLACK TO BLACK OR SOMETHING DARKER

Alethal
09-19-2007, 08:21 PM
what was name of the dark style that was up couple days ago?

not a ton of phpbb3 styles out that look decent, i liked that one.

TURBOWHT
09-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I like the white or lighter background period. just makes everything alot easier on the eyes and alot easier to read. The white and blue looks a little sissy but like i said its alot easier to read. Maybe change up the blue.to a darker blue or something. But keep up the good work.

ZacFields
09-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks turbowht, and as Alethal said there aren't many phpbb3 styles out there yet. As i've said the software is still in RC testing stages so we don't have as much to choose from now as we will in say, 2 or 3 months.

There's no way we're staying with this specific style. This is just the default style phpbb3 came with. I'm going to switch it back to black for the time-being because maybe it's better for us to use black until we know exactly what template we're going to be using.

Alethal: The black template I have is called BlackDiamond. It's a nice looking template, but if you'll notice the announcement buttons are messed up a little, and the admin panel is still the stock white template. hah.

Zac

sLoWnStEaDy
09-20-2007, 07:52 AM
This is WAY better!! MUCH easier on the eyes!

Greasy
09-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Love the Black and grey template....easy on the eyes! :supz:

DustinsDuster
09-22-2007, 10:58 AM
why are we only thinking in black, white and greys? why not blue? or red? oramge?

just an idea, i would love a dark red and grey board....

NewSpeedSteed
09-22-2007, 04:53 PM
why are we only thinking in black, white and greys? why not blue? or red? oramge?

just an idea, i would love a dark red and grey board....

I'm with Dustin on this. I liked the white/blue scheme but it is really traditional- I counted and 4 of the forums I visit regularly had the same (or really close) and it is boring and just so average. I like this color scheme but it is kinda like our old CR:U layout (the black) so a change would be nice. But until we get everything setup I think this one will do just fine. Personally I'm partial to yellow and black... more specifically zinc yellow and flat black :rolleyes: .