PDA

View Full Version : StreetPSI Drag City Video!

StreetSweeper
09-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Heres the footage!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a2b3 ... dde2ee.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a2b3373e-6f98-47cc-b6a1-99ad00dde2ee.htm)

stangvortech
09-18-2007, 06:29 PM
What did that blue mustang run in the 1/4?

DustinsDuster
09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
i remember hearing about him running on low boost and pulling 8.50's sliding all over the track.

awesome vid George.

Urban Legend
09-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Eric ran a 8.42 at 177 mph on drag radials sliding around the top half of the track. Only his 3rd time out this year. Still working some bugs out, but wait til he puts some slicks on, and really gets to hammer it out of the hole!!!

DustinsDuster
09-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Eric ran a 8.42 at 177 mph on drag radials sliding around the top half of the track. Only his 3rd time out this year. Still working some bugs out, but wait til he puts some slicks on, and really gets to hammer it out of the hole!!!

i am not trying to talk shit at all with this, i am just curious; why did he switch to radials? from how i understood it, he had enough troubles hooking up with 14.5" Quick Time Pro's, and those tires are like glue! has he ever got a good full pass under high boost in the car? i always hear about him sliding all around the track on a de-tuned setup.

like i said, im just curious, no one has ever been able to give me a good solid answer about that...

69gt4speed
09-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Maybe he likes mo fun. I like watching the drag radial classes cause u never know like wild street etc. I like the video btw, Allison, George did good.

Scott
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
No he hasnt been down the track on a full power tune up yet "that I know of" His last car has ran a 8.0 at 174 and this one has alot more potential than the old one, so Im sure you will hear about it when it breaks in the 7's

slobalt
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I liked that vid. Nice cars, music, and once the racing started the roar of the engines down the strip...........

Urban Legend
09-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Dustin, I know you're not trying to talk shit. He wanted to try drag radials out, since he has never really run them. He doesn't have a whole lot of time running this car yet, still trying to figure it all out. There's not very many people around here that know a lot about the tunes in his car, so each pass he's trying different stuff. Everytime at the track he has gotten faster, I can see a 7 sec pass coming sometime.

Rollin on Dubs
09-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Dustin, I know you're not trying to talk shit. He wanted to try drag radials out, since he has never really run them. He doesn't have a whole lot of time running this car yet, still trying to figure it all out. There's not very many people around here that know a lot about the tunes in his car, so each pass he's trying different stuff. Everytime at the track he has gotten faster, I can see a 7 sec pass coming sometime.

Eric told me that, he wanted to run radials because when (Not IF) he starts racing at a sanctioned event he will be running his car in a drag radial class, and right now he has alot to learn about his car and get a good tune up on it. Why run the car with tires that he cannot even use when he goes racing? Plus Drag radials can go much faster than bias ply tires, especially in turbo cars. I think if he works with the chassis and spends some time on the scales he can make it go faster than just slapping on some big gummy ET streets or QTP's

RandomHero
09-23-2007, 05:58 PM
haha i see Scottys Ranchero made the vid. sweet i gotta tell him.