PDA

View Full Version : Spiders

Alethal
09-17-2007, 09:30 PM
not looking like a typical iowa house spider... idea on what this is? sprayed house like i always do this time of year for all insect spiders and usually dont ever see any bugs.

picture may seem like hes blow up... hes not... hes huge... to the point where since i dont know what he is, i wasnt going to fuck with him to much.

http://www.unleashed-guild.net/images/a ... spider.jpg (http://www.unleashed-guild.net/images/alethal/spider.jpg)

Greasy
09-17-2007, 09:51 PM
It's your friendly garden spider "Araneus diadematus" . They can get pretty big, and vary from region to region. :yawinkle:

DustinsDuster
09-18-2007, 12:07 AM
last year at work my friend brought in a wolf spider he caught in his house that was over 1.5" long. we kept him in a tupperware container and spend the next two days catching more spiders all around the warehouse. we were hoping to see some sweet ass Discovery channel-style battles, but they wouldnt fight. so in retaliation, my friend sprayed Raid all over the lid and put it on the container and made his own little Spider-Hallocaust deal.

i think thats what you should do. to the t. sorry for the off topic story, it was the first thing i thought of.

Domestic Disturbance
09-18-2007, 01:29 AM
name him heracio. he looks like a heracio

TbTalon94
09-18-2007, 07:23 AM
I went to camp a long time ago...and we found a wolf spider that was just over 2.75" long. That was the head and abdomen. With his legs spread out it was more of a soft-ball size. It was on the window sill in our bunk. Everyone was freaking out and some kid tried to kill it with his sandle and missed the fucking thing. He dropped to the ground and scurried off. Needless to say all of us didn't sleep to great for the next few days. The interesting fact about most spiders (including wolf spiders) are they don't have a set "growth limit". They just continue to grow until they reach their age limit. When you find large spiders they are usually in a good area for food and are probably pretty old. I let the spiders live on my garage because they eat everything around it and don't bother me. Some of them get gigantic towards the plants growing on the side of my garage.

tylers88
09-18-2007, 09:58 AM
keep him in an old fish tank or something

sLoWnStEaDy
09-18-2007, 07:19 PM
. we were hoping to see some sweet ass Discovery channel-style battles, but they wouldnt fight. so in retaliation, my friend sprayed Raid all over the lid and put it on the container and made his own little Spider-Hallocaust deal.

Your friend, he doesnt hang with Michael Vick does he? :biggrin:

DustinsDuster
09-18-2007, 08:34 PM
its really sad when i have to consider any kind of Haloucaust a more humane way to die, but Vick did a good job of that.