PDA

View Full Version : Logans Dad runs at the track

TbTalon94
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
So we went to the track today and spent some time tuning his car. Ran pretty good for pump gas! Boost couldn't go up any further then what it was set at so we didn't have much to work with. I think he's happy, and i feel pretty confident the car has a whole hell of a lot more in it with some more boost and maybe some race gas. Here's the video of best run out of 3 clean ones.

It's kind of jumpy, idk why it must be photobucket.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/T ... 1.7120.flv (http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Tbtalon94/?action=view&current=Vic11.7120.flv)

Got two other vids. One of him running slightly slower, then one where he missed 2nd and went to 4th lol.

-Trevor

logans dad
09-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I don't know were the post went I just did lol but its not here. Need to thank Trevor for all the help he has giving me though on tuning!!!
And thanks for posting the run. Ive watch it a bunch of times. Trevor just on tune got my car three tenths faster so its amazing what tuning actually can do.

All in all was a fun day and all the people on this board ran good times. Mikes Mustang is awesome and Ed and Chief ran good. Allgo ran good without spray and an alternator problem. Kegar and some of the younger crowd was there to watch and was just a nice day. Met Dubs also and he seems to be a good person.

allgo
09-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Congrats Vic your little 4 pop runs real good. I had some alternnator problems but all in all was a good time until it finnally broke still went 10.90 at 117 lifting.

logans dad
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks Joe, Im sure all of us will get faster as most of us are on new cars or like me finally doing something with mine and you I bet will Improve the most when you get the spray going.

And I cant remember your friends name, you know, Alzheimers lol but the deal I have to put videos on the puter is called a Dazzle adapter. Got mine at best buy or call and I can bring this one over if you want.

Who said wow at the end lol, Its ok untill I watched it about five times.

DustinsDuster
09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
congrats, its running well.

allgo
09-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks Joe, Im sure all of us will get faster as most of us are on new cars or like me finally doing something with mine and you I bet will Improve the most when you get the spray going.

And I cant remember your friends name, you know, Alzheimers lol but the deal I have to put videos on the puter is called a Dazzle adapter. Got mine at best buy or call and I can bring this one over if you want.

Who said wow at the end lol, Its ok untill I watched it about five times.

It was also fun that everyone got along! Scott is his name screen name snickerlicker.

Greasy
09-16-2007, 08:55 PM
We had a good time playing early, then took some shots from track side. I recognized a few cars, but the only people I have met is Ed...... and he doesn't even know who I am! LOL! :bigthumb:

Here is the pics.... http://zilla.smugmug.com

StreetSweeper
09-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Congrats to the old man! and Congratz to Trevor for finnaly tuning a car to a 11 second run.

Now if i can only get my bugs sorted, and head back to the track and finnaly run my car.

logans dad
09-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Thanks George, Why didnt you go? The weather was just right.

logans dad
09-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Ed, Next time Im a quarter mile away and your trying to flag me down JUMP lol.

Greasy, Did we meet? I talked to so many people I cant keep them straight.

Greasy
09-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Ed, Next time Im a quarter mile away and your trying to flag me down JUMP lol.

Greasy, Did we meet? I talked to so many people I cant keep them straight.

I don't think so. Tried to get a few runs in early..... then was trackside all day taking photos. Next event, I 'll have to be a little more social!

slobalt
09-17-2007, 12:07 PM
11.7, wow, there's a time I'll never see in my car. I'll have to find some other car for the track.

Greasy
09-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Here's a photo that I Photoshopped....... got some real neat photos. Great event!

mmmmm.... looks like the board crops photos......

http://www.mikeatwood.fourguysauto.com/hemi-glow.jpg

ZacFields
09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Congrats Vic, it's been a long time coming but you did it. That deserves major Kudos. You've got a great car, you're a great driver, and you've got one of the best guys in town helping you tune it. That's a winning team. It was no surprise that you ran as well as you did.

Again, congratulations.

Zac

ZacFields
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Here's a photo that I Photoshopped....... got some real neat photos. Great event!

mmmmm.... looks like the board crops photos......

Well not exactly, it just doesn't extend the page if the photo is too big. Open it up in photoshop and decrease the image size down to about 600 width and it should fit in there.

There might actually be a setting I can change to fix that. I'll look around in my admin panel and see what I can find.

Zac

DustinsDuster
09-17-2007, 01:56 PM
gotta love '70 Barracudas...especially plum crazy purple ones...

Scott
09-17-2007, 02:11 PM
I think I used to work with that guy, his name is Tim.. pretty cool dude

OldSkoolRCR
09-17-2007, 03:23 PM
We had a good time playing early, then took some shots from track side. I recognized a few cars, but the only people I have met is Ed...... and he doesn't even know who I am! LOL! :bigthumb:

Here is the pics.... http://zilla.smugmug.com

ABSOLUTLEY AWSOME PHOTOS...Make sure you let me know who you are next time you see me, I am old and forgetfull :biggrin: It was a great day cars ran good, everyone got along...Ed

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I had a great time racing and meeting all of you. Everyone one at the track was awesome and very friendly. I was only running the car to get my nhra passes in, and was getting a little mad because I was supposed have solo runs and non of my runs counted so I left early. This is what the last run was 1.376 60ft, 4.017 330ft, 6.206 1/8th @113.05, 8.266 1000ft, 10.433 1/4 @ 93.14mph. I pulled the chute at 1000ft and was trapping at 140mph (1000ft) on a 300shot with only 700psi in bottle pressure. Look for the car to run mid 8s with the 300 shot and full bottle pressure.

slo4cyl
09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
congrats on the times vic, when i get my new tranny in we'll have to give it a go again

logans dad
09-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Im going to test the BOV tomarrow. I checked for Vacuum leaks with the hose that goes to the BOV and shouldnt of done it that way. I need to Tee into the lines or put a valve stem in my turbo cab. think the valve stem would be better. Every thing else checks ok so its either the waste gate or the BOV. I dont think the Greddy RS BOV was made for much horse power and my air flow on this run was only 42 lbs.

69gt4speed
09-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Congrats Vic. Normally I show up, but they forced us to work. Great weather though.