PDA

View Full Version : Custom Silver Vein 17" 7-spoke rims $250 (NEW PRICE:9-18)

ZacFields
09-13-2007, 12:18 AM
For sale are my rims from my 1997 Cavalier.

These rims will fit tons of other cars, but to be 100% honest with you I have no idea what exact bolt patterns are on the rims, but I know there are 2 different patterns. I believe they fit most 5 bolt vehicles. I do know we bolted one of them onto trevor's 1g talon once, so I know they will fit DSM vehicles also.

First off, I'm selling the rims AS IS. Please remember that these were purchased when I was 17 years old, and I am now 22 this month. They are NOT crisp and perfect, but they are very nice for the price I am asking.

The powdercoated color is custom as I had a shop in the area do it for me. The color is called silver vein, but from afar they appear to be gunmetal colored.

PROBLEMS WITH THE RIMS: Other than normal chipping (fairly minimal I must say) due to their age, here are some quirks:
-Since they were re-powdercoated, the bolts fit very snugly in the holes on the rim, in fact I had to use a dremel to dremel away some of the powdercoating so that the bolts fit in. If you wish to use the other bolt pattern, you'll need to do the same.
-I have a bolt set for it, but it's missing 1 bolt so a new bolt set will need to be purchased if that bothers you.
-One of the tires has a small leak around the seal between the tire and the rim. Should be able to be fixed urself, but if not, Cleppes in Ely fixed it last time for $5.00 I think.

The tires that I have on there (Kumho Ecsta Supra) cost about $400 themselves, and I'd say there's 50-75% tread on every tire. You should be able to get at least a summer or two out of them.

I'm selling them because I didn't even put them on my car this year, and when I bought my motorcycle, I decided I don't need to ever put them back on because I never drive the car in the summer now anyways. I need to get them out of my garage because this winter I want to squeeze my car and my motorcycle in the garage together.

$250 and you can come get them anytime. I'm also open to offers. The deal is that you drive out here and get them ( i live in cedar rapids ). If you want closer pictures of them let me know. Again, if you drive a show-car and are concerned with perfection, then this isn't for you. if you're looking for an extremely cheap way to make your car look better than come and get these things out of my garage.

Zac

DustinsDuster
09-13-2007, 05:21 PM
if you get desperate, you should try putting them up on Dsource and StreetPSI as well.

bump for some good looking wheels.

ZacFields
09-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, worst case scenario I'd just have to bring it up to my storage room upstairs for the winter but I'd prefer just to get 'em out of here since i probably won't use them.

It's not a money thing, really. Honestly I'll entertain any offers for them.

Zac

Stutz
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Sent you a pm

Drifte
09-24-2007, 04:33 PM
freakin dirt cheap. and if i know you, theirs prolly not a damn nick on them, your just being insane. i dont think you need any luck with the sale.

peace

tylers88
09-24-2007, 08:59 PM
to bad those wouldnt fit on my moms caddy and i dont have 250 anyway

RandomHero
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
i wonder if they would fit onto a Grand Am? hmmm.

DragonUSMC
09-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Will they fit my mom's new Volvo V70 CrossCountry? She needs some balla' wheels.

CiViC-Wanted
10-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Are the wheels still availiable?

ZacFields
10-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah they're still here. I've had some snags but haven't been able to arrange the swap due to my crazy work schedule.

Still going for $250.

Zac

Stutz
10-28-2007, 03:07 PM
What size are the tires?

ZacFields
10-28-2007, 07:08 PM
205... s omething. I'm at work right now I'll have to let you know tomorrow or something. If I don't post this tomorrow, somebody hook me up with a PM to remind me. Life is crazy these days :)

Zac

Stutz
12-22-2007, 01:46 AM
hey zac do u still have these? Im still interested but i would need to see if they fit my car.. i have until jan. 2nd from work off

ZacFields
12-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah they're still sittin' in the garage. Is it your grand prix that you're talking about? I might be able to look into it somehow.

Zac

Stutz
12-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah the tires i have on it already are 225/60 so idk but i have heard that 5x114.3 will work for it (mine is 5x115) I would just need to see if they fit and if they would look good on it.

ZacFields
12-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll have next Sunday off of work. Then the following Thursday and friday (3rd and 4th I believe.

My work hours now are 3:45pm-12:15am. I leave for work around 3:15. So if you can be out here on pretty much any day before about 1pm we would probably have time to mount one or two of them on your grand prix to check it out.

Zac

CiViC-Wanted
02-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Still have these

ZacFields
02-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Yup they're still sitting in my garage. Somehow I found a way to fit my motorcycle in there along with my car and those rims/tires. Pretty crafty.

They're still here and still for sale.

CiViC-Wanted
02-01-2008, 05:30 PM
well id like to buy them but im kinda out of the way but my buddy lives in Ceder Rapids and i might have him pick them up, or i might come up there. But i need to get them soon. so let me know when i good time is.