PDA

View Full Version : OH NOES!

DustinsDuster
09-08-2007, 01:41 PM
i was talking to Apples' about this today, we'll see if anyone bids on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-1984-protouring-monte-carlo-Roadrace-capable_W0QQitemZ250162503531QQihZ015QQcategoryZ61 71QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

allgo
09-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Not trying to be a dick here but thats a lot of money for a car like that. Good luck on the sale.

DustinsDuster
09-08-2007, 02:33 PM
it totally is, but it would cost more to build it. he's shooting for a very narrow demographic, so we'll see what happens....

allgo
09-08-2007, 03:14 PM
I understand it cost more to build but that is with anything, thats why buying a car already built is a good idea, let the other guy take the hit on the cost!

APPLES355
09-08-2007, 05:15 PM
you do know about cars joe but a $13000 hit may not be big to you, but for me that is huge! for anyone who wouldnt pay $12000 for that car because its too much doesnt need it anyway. i am not trying to be an ass, but i sometimes hate how cheap some people are.

logans dad
09-08-2007, 06:44 PM
If your saying you have over 20,000 in that your a fool!

Ive got a 100 bucks that says my 4 pop could smoke it.

fbodyguy
09-08-2007, 07:14 PM

Lets go to MAM and see if your 4 pop beats it in lap times since that was what his car is set up to run. Easy to say I can go straight and fast, do it turning left and right.
Also pretty repsectable for a car that will run fast laps and still run low 12's in the quarter.

ZEE
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Don't know why you would say that. Maybe your a fool for putting money in something that will be blown up in 5 years. Yours will be in a junkyard before it's 23 years old. :roll:

logans dad
09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
lol, who cares I wont own it long

logans dad
09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
whats this lap time shit your talking about?

fbodyguy
09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
whats this lap time shit your talking about?

It's called a road course.

logans dad
09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
If your talking about a road coarse bring it to Hawkeye downs half mile, Ive got a kid with a car that would blow your times all to hell!!

fbodyguy
09-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Hawkeye downs....yeah that is a road course???? Like I said MAM or road America set your car up for that. And if we want to get specific we can go get a car that was built for a circle track, but then thats not your car anyway, right.

logans dad
09-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Its my kids car, he bought it We work on it. It has some of my money it it. sits in my shop so its not a car we can go get. Its here.

fbodyguy
09-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah does it see the street?

logans dad
09-08-2007, 08:45 PM
We could get it out now and go around the block lol.

fbodyguy
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Sure, point made I'm done talking to you...

DustinsDuster
09-08-2007, 10:39 PM
you know vic, through everything, i have always refrained from anything anything bad about you, because you were always fine to me. but now, youve really rubbed me wrong. if you have ever met Apples, you know he is about the farthest thing from a fool you could hope to be. he knows what hes doing 10x over you. i would bet money with minimal effort, his monte could pull faster lap times than Logan's SuperStock.

and now youre talking shit about how you could beat him in a race? have you ever ran in the 12's? i dont give a shit what you have, what you should be at, and how much estimated power you make, go buy a fucking honda; you already have all the excuses. Apples ran 12.9 on the same 17" wheels he drives on everywhere, and thats not because of tuning or power, its because he is a good driver. i seem to remember hearing a story about you trying to race him under the bridge down town and he pulled away from you pretty quickly. then you played the "wait til i get tuned" card.

heres an idea for a race; lets see which one of you can reach 180mph first....

APPLES355
09-08-2007, 11:28 PM
vic, you know its bad when by the time you go to reply on your comment that everyone has already tore apart any sort of credibility that you may have had before. i was just curious if that was you that tried to keep up last fall under the interstate. a red eclipse if i remeber correctly. it could be a talon also. it has been awhile since that occured. i thought it was weird to see an older guy driving it and i thought it might have been you. did you get that thing tuned? keep in mind i did have the 17's on when that happened and yours had a problem keeping up with 12.9 quater mile! damn that must suck because thats a slow quarter! thats if it was you of course. if i wasnt trying to sell the car i would almost consider what you said to be a challenge to see if your superstock car could keep up with my car on both street tires and slicks if you would like. i actually thought about trying that with a late model awhile ago. not to be big headed but the way i built that car your sons car would have troubles in winning a race that you wouldnt consider a challenge. what suspension does your son have on that car? what is he using for brakes? what is his frt and rear roll centers at vs. his cg? what type of roll stiffness does his swaybars(if equiped) have for the spring rates he is using? does it compare? i know the track changes all the time but is that car easily adjustable for those changes. lastly i would like to say you have never talked to me in person so you dont have any clue who i am and when someone pulls the sort of shit you just did. it shows just what type of person you really are and i now know why people here give you so much shit.

josh

logans dad
09-08-2007, 11:58 PM
We have a half mile car now Dustin. And the Monty is nice, Just got a wild hair and wanted to see what I could get going. Man I need another beer.

Apples we can ajust all you listed on this car, Not the super stock and yes, The red car is tuned and ready. And as I remember you didnt blow me away, Pulled on me just a little.

And Im a fool for putting in my car what I have in it.

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 12:44 AM
so his road race car pulled on your AWD drag oriented car, and youre talking shit? he's doing all of this on straight 91 octane. you need methanol to still get beat by cars that are running the same times apples did on 17's; and you have AWD!

id really rather not get more into this, but when you start talking shit about a car i have seen so much work go into, not to mention it belongs to one of my best friends, i am not going to sit here silently.

by the way, what month did you win for "Ride of the Month?"

logans dad
09-09-2007, 01:14 AM
so his road race car pulled on your AWD drag oriented car, and youre talking shit? he's doing all of this on straight 91 octane. you need methanol to still get beat by cars that are running the same times apples did on 17's; and you have AWD!

id really rather not get more into this, but when you start talking shit about a car i have seen so much work go into, not to mention it belongs to one of my best friends, i am not going to sit here silently.

Dustin, I really dont care what you think. I had no tune and I think had the 14b on my car at that time. Its a whole different ball game now. And I just put the meth on it. We didnt go from a dig either. It is a nice car he has. Now go drink another beer.

And I dont do ride of the month and its only been done what 3 times. Its more of a who has the most friends thing to me to who wins it.

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 01:33 AM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="132150":a7090]so his road race car pulled on your AWD drag oriented car, and youre talking shit? he's doing all of this on straight 91 octane. you need methanol to still get beat by cars that are running the same times apples did on 17's; and you have AWD!

Dustin, I really dont care what you think. I had no tune and I think had the 14b on my car at that time. Its a whole different ball game now. And I just put the meth on it. We didnt go from a dig either. It is a nice car he has. Now go drink another beer.

And I dont do ride of the month and its only been done what 3 times. Its more of a who has the most friends thing to me to who wins it.[/quote:a7090]

it's only a whole different ballgame if he plays your game, and races your race. you know he would tear you up on a road course, and you know he could drive his car anywhere and it would hold up better than yours.

the thing that bothers me most is this:

It is a nice car he has

do you talk down all of the cars you think are nice?

Domestic Disturbance
09-09-2007, 02:40 AM
im so lost. apples y u sellin that sexy beast. i saw u out at kwood idling 4 a few min. she sounds sexy

vic. get some beer and cool the guns b4 it gets outta hand in here

logans dad
09-09-2007, 06:45 AM
Dustin, We are board racing lol, How do you know he could take me on a road coarse? U don't know and I don't know. What gets you is I said its a nice car? Why, It is, so I think its funny how shit can get going so easy.

I also said Im a fool for putting money in my car!! I think your car is a good car to put money into as well as apples. I was just having some fun at my expense.

Rollin on Dubs
09-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Vic - Im not trying to get into a pissing match with you again, Because i know how proud you are of you kids stock car endvors, but even on the 1/4 at hawkeye downs, apples car would prob work over logans car.

and vic, if apples beat you on the streets with 17's and with a six speed, you might want to keep tuning on your car some more.

logans dad
09-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Like I said it had the 14b on it then, If Apples runs 12.9 or what ever now it would be a good race Im sure.

logans dad
09-09-2007, 07:23 AM
His car would have to be set up a lot different to go around the 1/4.

allgo
09-09-2007, 07:38 AM
heres an idea for a race; lets see which one of you can reach 180mph first....

I dont believe that car could do 150 let alone 180 mph.

ZEE
09-09-2007, 09:11 AM
According to the garage section Apples has done 12.1 at the track.

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 10:49 AM
According to the garage section Apples has done 12.1 at the track.

yeah, thats with ET streets. he ran 12.9 on the 17's he drives around with all the time. i have no idea how he managed to hook at all in them, but he did.

Mr. Brown
09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
So let me get this straight:
-Josh is testing the water to see if anyone might be interested in his car. Great, he'll now know if he'll still own it when he is as old and ignorant as Vic. (credit - Vic is right on 1 thing, we're all stupid for spending what we do on wheels)
-Joe is correct, that is alot of money, unless you WANT exactly that car. You're COBRA is worth more than you'll get too, but it's still cool and fast.
-Dustin hit the head on something too, blood sweat and tears makes for a better ride.
-Tony is correct in saying that monte is quick in the corners, stopping too. I happen to know that car WILL cruise at 145, so maybe Joe is closer at saying first to 150, because that import isn't going to run 180 either.
-Vic, my P.O.S. old 85 Z28 with Arlo Becker's throw away 8' tires, a 305, 3.23 geared one wheel wonder and single exhaust put away consistant 21.3-21.5 laps on the 1/2 @ the downs. My current STREET RIDE in STREET FORM is playing deep into Late Model Territory. So unless this Super Stock is packing a lot more than most, he stands no chance turning left or right against Josh, Tony, or me. Who am I you ask? No one. Just faster than you or your son turning either way you choose. Oh yeah, I AM up to the 0-150 run. Just let me get my car tuned or waxed or vacuumed or whatever the next excuse is. You decide you are in, zip me over a tele-graph, that is what you guys used back when your cars were so fast you couldn't grab the $100 bill off the dash through all THREE gears, right? Once I get that, we'll go ahead and do this the fun way, about 35 times or more at Road America. Last time I was there, I was only able to hit 158MPH in the straight though, so you do stand a chance at beating me....to the grave.
P.S. All in fun at my expense. Peace

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 12:21 PM
yeah, i was gonna keep the shit talk going, but it seems pretty much everyone on the site did a good job at making all my points for me, so i didnt see much reason to say a lot more.

ba-zing....

APPLES355
09-09-2007, 12:58 PM
i quess me testing the waters of selling my car ended up being just shit talk. which is pointless to me. all ill say is that it frustrates me when people like vic and joe dont use the head before they talk shit because both of you have brains. use them and never take me as a fool. that is in a different context than being a fool for spend thousands of dollars on a monte. that was for fun. a six speed monte with 3.42 gears and almost 26" tall tires. do the math and youll find its capable of much more than you think. the 180 mark is a stretch right now, but i never got the money to do some sheet metal work to channel the air through the front of the car better and underneath the car as well. that is what would have allowed the 180 mph. right know there is too much air going through the engine compartment to allow it. if all of you dont like the car or would pay that much. dont say shit because you dont want it. i dont need to hear your stupid shit talk. thats what ruins the car scene for me. stupid shit like that! mr. brown made many very good comments and i appreciate it because this is coming from someone that isnt limit to just going in a straight line or a circle. listen to him you might just learn something that is the truth.

logans dad
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW Me THINK ABOUT ME AND mR bROWN yOUR FULL OF SHIT THAT YOUR 85 ONE WHEEL WONDER RAN 21.3. WE BOUGHT FRANKS CAR and had Spaw work it over. I know what it takes to run what and your full off it.

Mr Brown, Come up Friday night and talk to me about track times, We pit behind the grand stands now.

logans dad
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
If you want to keep the shit talking going Dustin, Ive given you nothing but compliments on your car but that could change real easy. My hats off to Apples but he must be from a wealthy family to have that much in a car at his age.

allgo
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
god apples are you a little baby? I just give my opnion and say I think that is a lot of money for a 84 monte and then wish you good luck on the sale.
you can do all the math you want but HP is going to give you mph. Dont act like you know who I am, its funny that when ever anyone else post stuff about anyone else if they are freinds with the almighty dustin they are off limits!
Good luck with the sale and wipe the tears.

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
youve given me compliments, but youve talked crap about my good friend's awesome car for no reason other than to talk shit. Apples' bought everything on his car and did everything himself on it. there is no one's money but his in his car.

Vic, i really wish you actually knew who you were calling stupid. they are some of the most knowledgable car guys that i know, whose only "crime" i can see is not agreeing with you....

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Apples has never talked his car up one time to anyone, and Vic (not so much you Joe) just started talking crap about it. then, he starts calling some of the smartest people i know dumb. excuse me if i wont apologize for defending my friends.

no one is off limits. say whatever you want, and i will say whatever i want. ive never advocating any of your guys' mindless shit talk, even tried to talk you out of it. but somehow you construe that as saying my friends are "off limits". whatever...

its all alright Joe, just go drop another $10k into your car to hopefully run almost a second faster. someones gotta do it, right?

Mr. Brown
09-09-2007, 06:03 PM
"I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW Me THINK ABOUT ME AND mR bROWN yOUR FULL OF SHIT THAT YOUR 85 ONE WHEEL WONDER RAN 21.3. WE BOUGHT FRANKS CAR and had Spaw work it over. I know what it takes to run what and your full off it.

Mr Brown, Come up Friday night and talk to me about track times, We pit behind the grand stands now."

Well, I must be wrong then. You must be right. You must be right all the time by the way I read your posts. It's really too bad though, that people with closed minds continually feel like they have to open their mouths.

You see, once again I need to point out what Joe says. HP = Speed. I do need to add to that a little. Driving ability, money, ingenuity and a few other small details add up too. It's too bad that you confuse your own point here vic. (lower case was used to level out the case sensitivity on this post) Your point is to have a little fun at your expense. Cash out vic, we all see who you want us to see. For that matter everyone must see I am full of shit and don't know any of you. I don't know that Joe was traveling 115mph the first time I met him(as I was riding PASSENGER past him at 155mph), I don't know that bbunting was with Trent and many others the day that I didn't travel 1/2 mile in under 22 seconds, I don't know that bbuntings stock(at the time) Z06 did it in a tick over 19 seconds(don't remember exactly, so quoting it would indicate I am full of more shit), I don't know that I have no idea what my new combination will run right now, but am confident it will be fun finding out, I don't know that the quickest 1/4 mile time my own street vehicles have ran is 11.23(sorry my truck was so slow vic, must be a lie too) I guess I just don't know anything. Wait a minute......I guess I do know that little 'ol full of shit me must of caught your attention to be so kind as to let me know that anything I said is inaccurate.

P.S. You were so kind to invite me to your pit dwelling. I will be happy to oblige your invitation as soon as you oblige me with my invitation to Road America or Mid America. Since I invited you first, it wouldn't be right of me to impose in such a manner. That being said, since this is 'all in good fun' at all of 'our expense', something tells me we'll meet someday in this increasingly expensive hobby of ours that I know so little about.

Thank you for attention to this full of shit matter.
Special thanks to:
Joe - keep going faster man, all of your rides are cool
Dustin - keep the faith, MOPARS might rule someday.....doubtful though
Josh - keep standing out, 'cuz fitting in costs too much
Tony - you know the drill
Jay - drop the top and kick our ass
Everyone who is faster than me - cool man! I couldn't afford it!
Everyone who is slower than me - no worries, everyone else is faster than me!
vic - sure glad I stumbled on this post, I now know I am full of shit
Logan, represented by logan's dad - good luck out there man, Landon need some company from IA
*no animals were harmed during this dick-tation, all peoples' rights and respect are thrown out when they sign onto any internet forum*

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
It's really too bad though, that people with closed minds continually feel like they have to open their mouths.

maybe thats not the problem. maybe he's so open-minded that all of his brains leaked out....

allgo
09-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Dustin go polish your turd.Always remember dustin $$$ make speed .
Go worry about putting your pile of shit together and I will worry about me.

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
i have my priorities. i just really hope all of your cars are at least a full second faster than mine when my Duster is back out and running, because i bet you spend more on your cobra between now and then than i do building my Duster.

hell, i already have a whole drivetrain, and i'm only $300 in.....

allgo
09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I hope your not trying to compare my cobra to your junk duster, cause what is your duster worth $750 $1000 tops.

I put a whipple on my cobra that cost $2800 wow thats close to $10,000.
Why dont you spend some money on a paint job first or a least paint your engine bay and clean up that rat nest you call wiring. Throw a couple meatballs in there and you have a meal.

APPLES355
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
joe i will thank you for the good luck on selling the car, but when i originally read it, it sounded more like sarcasm. the beauty of internet i quess. there is only one question i would like to ask you because i dont know. do you in your busy schedule actually work on your own car or do you pay someone to do it? the reason i ask is because what you said about dustins car was down right stupid. he has done all the work on his car with a very limited budget and still ran in the mid 11's. just wait until his is back out like he said. thanks again for the sarcastic good luck and perhaps do you have a tissue that i can wipe away the tears since i am such a baby. :bawling: if you actually knew me you would know that i am the farthest thing from a baby that you will ever find.
vic, i just dont know what to say about you because you make absolutely no sense. you might actually want to try to meet these people that you think are full of shit before making assumptions because one day your paths will cross and dont expect them to be nice to you. dont listen to me i am just a dumb kid without a good head on his shoulders and could possibly be full of shit. wait you wouldnt know the truth because you have never really talked to me. as for me i am young for having a car like that, but that is all i thought about because i enjoyed the challenge of getting that box to turn. that car was my priority and now it is getting school finished. then i will build a monte that truely will do everything.
for the record mr. brown did run those times maybe its because he is a hell of a driver or the car was underpowered so he kept it to the floor all the way around or maybe both. i would say both, but hell it just maybe that both of us are full of crap now. there is more to that than just what we type too.

tylers88
09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Why dont you spend some money on a paint job first or a least paint your engine bay

wow so your saying my truck with a junk paint job is shit, i didnt know that a top fuel dragster is fast because they have nice ppaint and a $7500 vinal wrap, so i could rice the shit outta my truck with graffics and stickers i can run 10s hell yes

APPLES355
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
oh yeah, up until this very day have you ever heard me talking my car up in any way? i am trying to defend what i spent so much time, money, and research in getting my car to handle. some still think what i did is impossible and thats their right. in my eyes the car is okay because the suspension is not all the way done, but its probably +300% better than factory. just curious if anyone on here has taken their cars around the loops on the interstate to see how fast they can go before their car gets loose? mine on street tires was about 80 mph. cops might not like that one. still needs improving but, the watts linkage was going to help with better locating the rear laterally. i thought the potential buyer should pay for that upgrade.
just a thought joe. how much did you spend total on your car and your et. then we will see how much dustin has in his and you know his et. for some odd reason i think he is doing better in the end. his car may not look the best in your opinion, but that is what he was going for. not everyone has to live up to what you expect a car should be. you probably also know that part of the reason his car is getting tore apart is to fix the body and prepare the chassis for his next engine. i have the most respect for dustin because he did something different and had fun doing it.

fbodyguy
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM
just curious if anyone on here has taken their cars around the loops on the interstate to see how fast they can go before their car gets loose? mine on street tires was about 80 mph.

Never ever done this....... Can't prove it either on a bike or in a car :D

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I hope your not trying to compare my cobra to your junk duster, cause what is your duster worth $750 $1000 tops.

actually, right now, my car doesnt have the drivetrain, hood or grille on it right now, and is rolling on swapmeet special slot wheels. so you're probably right, $750 or even less maybe.

but i tell you what; i will officially make a challenge. when i get my car back together(granted this will be a year or two), you can pick whatever track you want to drive to, we'll both drive there and run to see who wins.

take note i am not saying that i'll win, id really like to see what happens. i am banking on you spending another $5k or so into your car by then and maybe be in the low 10's/high 9's.

i plan on starting work on my car this winter though, something you probably dont know much about....

allgo
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
You havent ever driven to a track, why would you start now? Make sure you turn the air on to.

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
oh i havent? i have NEVER driven my car the strip? i couldve sworn i did, but i forgot to clear it with you so it must not have ever happened.

when i first built the car, i wanted an old Mopar that i built, that ran reasonably well on a small budget. i didnt care about it being able to drive from state to state, i didnt give a shit if it was comfortable to drive in. now that i met all of that criteria, i set a new goal.

basically going the same route BHavlik and Scott went with their cars, probably wont run quite as fast as them but if im close, i'll be happy. even better, i'll be able to say i didnt have to drop tons of money into having someone build it, that i did it myself. might not mean anything to you, but it means plenty to me.

Domestic Disturbance
09-09-2007, 11:13 PM
hmmm. obviously people have different priorities when it comes to their cars. some want to look good top quality shit. others aim 4 the go fast stuff bargain style. i dont understand y we cant understand every1 does it different. we all can say we like power rite? going fast? that rush putting u in ur seat. we all share an common interest.(cept honda guys cuz they only CLAIM to go fast, they dont kno wat it is tho unless they watch fast and the furious) hell fastest ive pulled is a 13.6 and shit miles an hour and i want MORE. obviously dustin isnt shootin 4 car show status but u cant b burning on some1s pride like that. allgo ur cars r amazing but obviously a slighty diff budget. btw fastest i ever got my car to go around a corner was bout 55-60 b4 she started to loosen up. tires r shit tho

DustinsDuster
09-09-2007, 11:16 PM
i actually want my car to look decent when its done this time. i want it to be black, so it's gonna have to be pretty straight. thats one area i will probably drop some decent money on; for once, i want to have a pretty car....

Domestic Disturbance
09-10-2007, 04:43 AM
correction - prettier car. :biggrin:

and apples. good luck on the sale if ur still sellin it. y would u ever want to sell it neways tho its by far the nicest monte ive ever seen

lil krumm
09-10-2007, 07:52 AM
hmmm. obviously people have different priorities when it comes to their cars. some want to look good top quality shit. others aim 4 the go fast stuff bargain style. i dont understand y we cant understand every1 does it different. we all can say we like power rite? going fast? that rush putting u in ur seat. we all share an common interest.(cept honda guys cuz they only CLAIM to go fast, they dont kno wat it is tho unless they watch fast and the furious) hell fastest ive pulled is a 13.6 and shit miles an hour and i want MORE. obviously dustin isnt shootin 4 car show status but u cant b burning on some1s pride like that. allgo ur cars r amazing but obviously a slighty diff budget. btw fastest i ever got my car to go around a corner was bout 55-60 b4 she started to loosen up. tires r shit tho

ok i have read all of this thread, and your posts annoy the shit out of me. this isn't your instant messenger. learn how to fucking type.

APPLES355
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks for the good luck on the sale, but it is time to part with the car after having it for almost 10 years. i realize that there are many more things to live for than just cars. up until this point that is pretty much what i did. i also need to finish school and get my engineering degree. i will build another one after school is over with. that is if i can sell this one. lil krumm i know that some peoples typing may piss you off, but not everyone cares as much as you when it comes to grammar and that whole bit. i know i dont :biggrin:

Domestic Disturbance
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
haha who corrects peoples grammar online neways?
u should quote it and then underline all my mistakes like some fuckin highschool project....
ur just mad cuz i dissed hondas. stfu

lil krumm
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
haha who corrects peoples grammar online neways?
u should quote it and then underline all my mistakes like some fuckin highschool project....
ur just mad cuz i dissed hondas. stfu

i could care less what you say about Honda. cause i have know of some that could beat your all mighty Chevy. who the fuck cares? but just look in my signature you dumb ass. does that truck look like a fucking Honda to you?

get on any national based car site and watch people agree with me. when your trying to read through a thread and you come upon dip shits that write like you its fucking annoying. half the time i don't even know what the hell your trying to say. i didn't know it was so complicated to type out proper English.

logans dad
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
LiL, We have met and you are a nice kid but man what is it lol, Winter being around the corner and we are all pissed. Ive seen you type like in a rap form before or what ever you want to call it.

My spelling and punctuation is bad and was worse when I first got on here but for years about all I wrote was checks and I kind of forgot how to spell some words.

ZEE
09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
i could care less what you say about Honda. cause i have know of some that could beat your all mighty Chevy. who the fuck cares? but just look in my signature you dumb ass. does that truck look like a fucking Honda to you?

get on any national based car site and watch people agree with me. when your trying to read through a thread and you come upon dip shits that write like you its fucking annoying. half the time i don't even know what the hell your trying to say. i didn't know it was so complicated to type out proper English.

You complain about proper English and such. I figure it's only fair to point out that you can't manage to use the shift key at the beginning of a sentence. By the way I understand what he's saying perfectly. :CRYMERIVER:

allgo
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Cause I am sick of dipshits like dustin say I put 10 or 20k into my cobra here are the mods.
Nos wet kit $450
Snow meth kit which I dont use anymore $299
Whipple 2.3 $2800 but I sold my old one with the throttle body for $1000 so that means I have $1800 in the whipple, and I have had on car 3 days after Jesses evo beat it.
4r70w auto $4900 but I sold all my tranny and clutch and parts that go with it for $3000 so I have 1900 in it.
60lb injectors $300, sold stock ones for 150
well those are all the mods to my bone stock motor cobra fuckchop!!
Wow thats $4600 in mods in 3 years.
Oh and by the way Snickerlicker and me have done ever mod on the car! But what do I know I always pay to get it done!

snickerlicker
09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
About time the facts were set straight!!

Jappbox
09-10-2007, 08:07 PM
+ headers + exhaust + pulleys (old bower) + any suspension work + tires/wheels + intercooler + intake or did it come factory with K@N setup + fuel pump (or factury is that big enough) + rear end, (inless you have stock rear end/ driveshaft/ axels with that auto (prob not). so im guessing a little more... ;) I only have 8k in mine then :)

cobratori
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey, He called you Fuckchop! He must really like you. :yawinkle:

allgo
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
no headers, there are the pullys that came with wipple,your right I forgot about the coilovers I think they where 400 to 500 ,came with the K&N when I bought the car, sold the fuel system it came with and made it return style and had 100 left thanks I forgot about that. A stock cobra gas tank goes for 800 to 1000 on svt.Drive shaft was reused from the 6speed, so nice try evo boy! Oh the exhaust came with the car to when I bought it.

firstonraceday96
09-10-2007, 08:54 PM
i heard you had platinum floor mats too...

DustinsDuster
09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I am sick of dipshits like dustin say I put 10 or 20k into my cobra

well i am sick of dipshits like you calling my car a total pile just because it's not your cup of tea, but i dont complain to you about. it. $10k was generalization to make a point. you spent $4900 in three years on the car, plus whatever you paid for the car in the first place. i doubt i spent half that on mine in the last 4 years. the exagerated point is that that you have a lot more money to just throw into your car than younger guys like me have. now this wouldnt bother me if you didnt constantly talk down kids' cars just because theyre slower than you. i dont need your praise, or even your thumbs up and/or approval, but when i run only about a half second slower than you on (roughly) a quarter the budget, this early into my car career, and all you do is talk shit about my car and other kids my age running similar and faster times, i get sick of that.

i could ramble on about this more, but i wont because i realize its an act of futility. i dont ever expect you to see things the way i do.

allgo
09-10-2007, 10:08 PM
half the budget but 1000 times the pile. So your talking about your car and comparing it to my cobra again. I dont think I talk down to many people just a few that I dont like and I am sure they feel the same about me. Your car is alot slower then a half second to, like to see how much money it would take you to make up that so called a half a second. Once you get to a certain point you need more $$ to go faster. Oh and I would like to see you anyone try to keep 3 fast cars going let alone 1. Its a big fucking nightmare.

Whats even more funny is this all started by me posting MY OPINION on his car and captain america trys to come to the rescue like always.

allgo
09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I am so sick and tired of hearing about the $$$ thing when I was your age I was on a budget to but you know what it didnt stop me from taking down every big dog in this town one by one!!!!

DustinsDuster
09-10-2007, 10:38 PM
and what times were you running in your late teens/early 20's?

DustinsDuster
09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh and I would like to see you anyone try to keep 3 fast cars going let alone 1.

dont know too many people who need (or even want for that matter) three cars that are fast all at the same type of driving. but whatever, theyre your cars.

Domestic Disturbance
09-10-2007, 11:43 PM
if it annoys u dont read it. when i write fast thats how i tend to write and i was on a roll. haha thats great u kno hondas that can beat my stock camaro. i kno cars that can probably beat those hondas but who really cares haha. woo hoo

and thanks Jay. at least i know the important people understood me. haha

snickerlicker
09-11-2007, 04:12 AM
+ headers + exhaust + pulleys (old bower) + any suspension work + tires/wheels + intercooler + intake or did it come factory with K@N setup + fuel pump (or factury is that big enough) + rear end, (inless you have stock rear end/ driveshaft/ axels with that auto (prob not). so im guessing a little more... ;) I only have 8k in mine then :)

Headers.... thats funny, think I would have remembered installing those. But thats a good idea maybe we should....Better yet, NO THANKS!!! guess people forgot that you can actually sell your old parts you take off for $$. It works. Try it.

APPLES355
09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Whats even more funny is this all started by me posting MY OPINION on his car and captain america trys to come to the rescue like always.

wait just a sweet minute! i have two questions running through my mind right now. 1) did you post this because you are trying to spike a certain response from us? 2) or did you not realize what this statement actually says about this whole thread?

lets look at what has happened. first dustin was nice enough to post a link to the auction. then you wished me good luck on getting that much for my car. i am still questioning if that was a sarcastic good luck. then vic had to get on here and really start the shit flying. it went on for awhile and the dustin posted a race idea. then you said that you dont believe my car can do 150 let alone 180. dustin replied before i did, but did you not think i wouldnt reply to someone making claims that they have no knowledge about. knowledge i mean is what is done to my car to make it possible. after a few rounds you and dustin started attacking each other because you thought he was comparing his car to yours, but infact he wasnt. thats just what you thought you were reading. i remember dustin saying that his priorities and goals were different than yours. it also makes me laugh that you brought out the i have three fast cars to keep going card. try to do that! when the truth is that no one put you in that position but yourself. with that being said no one in their right mind should feel sorry for you or do you any special favors because its so much work. you probably dont expect it either so why say it. unless its praise your after? then you started to get angry because everybody was saying that you dont work on your cars. we were making assumptions just as you were. how does that feel? now we know that you do work on your cars and so no one should give you that shit any more. atleast i know i wont. it is just kind of funny to me that you can dish out all the nonsense you want to other people because you think you know everything, but when people come back at you that is bullshit. hell we are just nobodies right! you hate when people say you dont work on your cars and i hate when people challenge my knowledge when it comes to what is done to my car. i built that thing for a specific purpose and it wasnt going in a straight line. i will apologize for starting all of this off your opinion and just not letting you think what you want. it would have been easier that way, but i quess you could say i am challenging the person who considers himself the bigdawg now because he is all knowing. :WORSHIP: that was a rather general statement in your post that could be taken more than one way and i am pretty sure its not this one. gotta love sarcasm.

vic, if you are still reading. i find it funny that you admitted to starting this shit talk for you own personal amuzement. go get some mental help before you really piss someone off.

thanks to everybody who tried to support dustin and i, but there is no winning with these two ignorant old men! in the end all i have to say is there are many people on this board who like to bullshit and i am not one of them. it is a waste of time for me. go right ahead and do it to those who dont mind, but dont do it to me.

p.s. this baby might need another tissue! :bawling:

logans dad
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
[quote="allgo";p="132267":2e1ce]

wait just a sweet minute! i have two questions running through my mind right now. 1) did you post this because you are trying to spike a certain response from us? 2) or did you not realize what this statement actually says about this whole thread?

lets look at what has happened. first Dustin was nice enough to post a link to the auction. then you wished me good luck on getting that much for my car. i am still questioning if that was a sarcastic good luck. then vic had to get on here and really start the shit flying. it went on for awhile and the dustin posted a race idea. then you said that you dont believe my car can do 150 let alone 180. dustin replied before i did, but did you not think i wouldnt reply to someone making claims that they have no knowledge about. knowledge i mean is what is done to my car to make it possible. after a few rounds you and dustin started attacking each other because you thought he was comparing his car to yours, but infact he wasnt. thats just what you thought you were reading. i remember dustin saying that his priorities and goals were different than yours. it also makes me laugh that you brought out the i have three fast cars to keep going card. try to do that! when the truth is that no one put you in that position but yourself. with that being said no one in their right mind should feel sorry for you or do you any special favors because its so much work. you probably dont expect it either so why say it. unless its praise your after? then you started to get angry because everybody was saying that you dont work on your cars. we were making assumptions just as you were. how does that feel? now we know that you do work on your cars and so no one should give you that shit any more. atleast i know i wont. it is just kind of funny to me that you can dish out all the nonsense you want to other people because you think you know everything, but when people come back at you that is bullshit. hell we are just nobodies right! you hate when people say you dont work on your cars and i hate when people challenge my knowledge when it comes to what is done to my car. i built that thing for a specific purpose and it wasnt going in a straight line. i will apologize for starting all of this off your opinion and just not letting you think what you want. it would have been easier that way, but i quess you could say i am challenging the person who considers himself the bigdawg now because he is all knowing. :WORSHIP: that was a rather general statement in your post that could be taken more than one way and i am pretty sure its not this one. gotta love sarcasm.

vic, if you are still reading. i find it funny that you admitted to starting this shit talk for you own personal amuzement. go get some mental help before you really piss someone off.

thanks to everybody who tried to support dustin and i, but there is no winning with these two ignorant old men! in the end all i have to say is there are many people on this board who like to bullshit and i am not one of them. it is a waste of time for me. go right ahead and do it to those who dont mind, but dont do it to me.
p.s. this baby might need another tissue! :bawling:[/quote:2e1ce]

LOL, I love this and if you dont, You know it happins so stay of the board then!!
Is what Im wondering is if you changed your roll centers when you put the big ass tires on it. It looked good now it looks like it should be on MTV. I dont know anything about road coarses but I would think you would want a shorter wider tire not a tall Gangsta tire on it.

Get mental help LOL, This is it right here. I Didn't see eye to eye with Joe either but met him and Now were not buddies but talk when we see each other and all is good.

Only shit talking I regret is with people I knew good first but things are getting better there and I like it that way.

If I met you apples I'm sure we would get along. When I raced you under the bridge I had the worn out 7 bolt in it. Oh that's right excuses excuses. You seemed to be asn all right person when we pulled up next to each other.

I'm going to Tri State Sunday Apples, Bring your car and we will line em up.

Now Dustin, Not trying to start shit here again with you but you told me that engine in that car was a late model engine that your Grandparents gave to you. If you were to go out and buy a fresh one like it and you paid for it you would have another 8 to 10 grand in your car wouldn't you? What I'm getting at is with out Your Grandparents help what would your car run.

Forgot, Ive had people start shit on me here a lot and yes I get pissed but also have fun with it and then it goes away. Have a good day all and I am sorry Apples for what its worth. I will say again your car is nice. And I'm old school and liked the way Dustins car looked also. Got to agree with Joe though the wiring was interesting.
Think my wife is making ham balls for supper. Yum Yum.

DustinsDuster
09-11-2007, 02:21 PM
not that its any of your business, but in the next year, i plan on buying my grandparents house from them, and we worked the engine into the deal. that and i am trying to gather all the pics and info of their old car as i can so i can get it posted on racing junk and other places online to try and help them sell it.

i dont have tons of money, so if i can work out any kind of a deal for parts that i can, i will. hell, my whole valvetrain in my 360 were handmedown racecar pieces. they were sitting in a drawer for years before my grandpa gave them to me. same with their racecar. it had been sitting for 5 years, and my grandparents knew i wanted the engine, so they told me to go get it and i could pay them as i get money because they'd rather see that high dollar engine in something in sitting and collecting dust.

you can say im spoiled or whatever else you want, doesnt mean much to me. i'll use all the connections i can and call in as many favors as i can to get my car built. i am just lucky in my situation; have a lot of good knowledgable friends and family who are all willing to help me out.

Rollin on Dubs
09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm going to Tri State Sunday Apples, Bring your car and we will line em up.
Vic-

A long time ago you said that you wanted to stomp my POS 327 powerd nova with your 4 pop, and convenietly i will be at Tristate too! Maby if apples is not up for the challenge then you might let me have the privlage getting smoked by your 4 pop?

as for joe/ Dustin / apples, slam bam
I like apples car ( i wouldint fork over the price he wants for it) I like joes cars (i wouldint fork over the price he would want for any of them,if he were to sell them,) Dustin (its a mopar you would have to pay me to take it :yawinkle:) and if i were to sell my car im sure i would want more than what most people would be willing to pay. I guess that is the beauty of Ebay (the worlds market place) you get a wide variety of whats for sale and touch on those small majoritys.

But on a side note/ If you think you will get out of a car what you have into it, your not going too! Unless your some High end custom car builder who makes money off of cars only because there cars have a name attached to them.
Coddington, Rad Rides, ect.

Josh good luck on the sale.

DustinsDuster
09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
yeah, i know Rich, not many people are down for the Mopars, and thats cool with me. it does make it a bit harder to sell Mopar parts though!

in all reality, i am just a fan of older cars, not mopars in general, i just really love the all-round package of a Duster; the looks, the weight, wheel base and an engine bay that can fit any powerplant Chrysler produced. anyway, just my two cents.

Rollin on Dubs
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
yeah, i know Rich, not many people are down for the Mopars, and thats cool with me. it does make it a bit harder to sell Mopar parts though!

in all reality, i am just a fan of older cars, not mopars in general, i just really love the all-round package of a Duster; the looks, the weight, wheel base and an engine bay that can fit any powerplant Chrysler produced. anyway, just my two cents.

dustin
you know i dont have a problem with your car, im just saying that just because someone thinks that 12K is too much for apples car does not mean that somone else thinks its a steal, But getting out, what you put into a car is rare at best,

APPLES355
09-11-2007, 11:53 PM
you know vic you are absolutely right. if i dont want to bullshit i shouldnt be here. why else do you think i have so few posts because i dont want to get involved. to me it ruins the car scene. i just like to hang out watch friends or myself race enjoy the day and not let bullshit get in the way. you do that very well, but i can be the most stubborn person you will meet when it comes to my opinion of bench racing. as for this weekend i will probably not be there because i need to get a few more jumps in to get my skydiving license and also remember the car is up for sale. my luck would be that i would break something that would cost a lot to fix and i would be out even more money. that is the price you pay for our hobby, but not one that i can afford right now. best of luck to all who are going. i will now go back to not participating in bench racing because its not worth it to me. later!

APPLES355
09-12-2007, 12:07 AM
sorry i forgot about the roll center question. the front roll center was changed shortly after i bought the wheels because with the factory settings the roll center is actually beneath the ground when placed on a computer model. with the taller ats spindles and the angles with the lower control arms and upper control arms put it about 1.5" to 2" above ground. just about the same idea that some circle track guys do by buying taller ball joints to increase the upper control arm angle raising the roll center. keep in mind all these are rough measurements. all that i am trying to accomplish is to get the roll centers closer to the cg, but not to close and not identical front to rear. everything that i have done so far is a base setting and the suspension is adjustable so i can change all of them. as for the cg factory height car is around 21" and mine is probably around 17.5 -18". i havent had the scales in my hand to confirm the exact cg. as for the rear it is somewhere around the 21" mark right now, but you cant tell because of the factory swaybar has so much bind that i keeps the body from rolling on that axis. thats the only thing that would make sense because technically the front and the rear are traveling on an opposite axis. to fix this a was going to build my own watts linkage, but the problem was making the center link to withstand the lateral forces. then i found out that a company is in the final stages of starting production for a watts linkage for a g-body. the bad thing is since i have coilovers i will have to cut up their mount and weld it to my car. not that big of deal just time consuming. after the watts linkage was in i was going to have the company who does circle track swaybars make me a custom length swaybar that would fit in between the coilovers and mount to the frame with links to the rearend. i have a few more ideas, but what the point if you are going to sell the car and i will give the person who might buy it the ideas to finish it. sorry for being general and probably bad grammar, but hey it 1 oclock in the morning. goodnight! :sleep:

DustinsDuster
09-12-2007, 01:04 AM
thanks for that Apples, i was waiting for you to get on here and explain all the work that has gone into your suspension...

APPLES355
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
no problem dustin. all someone had to do was just ask and you will get the answer minus any bs. vic last night i also forgot to tell you that the tires that are on the car now are the same size if not smaller. i believe they are around 25.6- 25.8" tall. so nothing should have changed with the cg when i put them on. it was when the suspension changed that i was able to play with it more. the big problem with g-body cars in the suspension department. in the rear is that even though they have the converging four link they still shift upto around a 1/2" or may just a little bit more. due to bushing deflection or if you have stock control arms. the big part with the converging four link is the issue with suspension bind and thats what make those cars so unpredictable to drive around corners. if you are also wanting to turn i would stay clear of poly bushing because they store all sorts of energy when deformed and can release that enegy at a bad time in a corner. if you doing straight line they are fine. the bushings to use in cornering are the delrin bushing because they are extremely hard and dont deform. they also allow for free movement of the control arms. the last part that sucks on g-body cars are the rear swaybar. since it is connected to the lower control arms it is the source of most of the bind. if you have driven one and hit a large bump or pot hole you can feel the whole car shift. right there is a main cause. what i did to try and fix it was that i used delrin bushing on the axle side of the lower control arms and spherical on the frame side. the upper control arms have what are called johnny joints on the frame side and stock rubber on the axle. the reason for the stock rubber is because the geometry on our suspension setup need to have a little deflection on the uppers to allow for more linear movement of the rearend. plus since the upper control the roll center of the rear. we can redefine the roll center in the rear with the watts linkage because of the larger amount of deflection of those upper bushings. if you have the money to use a watts linkage i would recommend it because the panard bar is a cheap way to locate the rear, but since its just a bar it travels in an arc which moves the rear anyway. thats why they say to put the longest bar you can to minimize how much lateral movement you have. most people wouldnt even feel the difference, but every little bit counts in my book. after that put in the custom swaybar and we no longer have the issue of binding. combining all the suspension work with lower cg and all of that has made the car extremely stable at high speed. front end alignment helped with that a lot too. for the power my car makes with the rearend gears and transmission it cruises at 110 no problem. when i get started on this stuff i can go for awhile, but i must get back to class. have a nice day!

logans dad
09-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Sounds like you know your stuff Apples. Logan bought some books with all that in them but I havent looked into it much. Logan can handle that part. As far as roll centers on the IMCA car we have you cant run other then stock parts but where the top a arm mount is like spot welded our car had the metal moved witch is cheating but car was like that when we bought it and others I know have done the same. Talking about the rear trailing arms and bind our new Sportsman car has mono balls but I think most the guys in this class run them. We also have pills in them to angle the rear end.

Did I hear your taking Engineering? If so is it at Iowa or Ia. City? Logan Started there and said he loves it but he is into that. He loves math.

I also dont blame you for not talking your car Sunday. I found out tonight I have a crappy BOV that will Only let me run so much boost but Im running it anyway. This winter I will have to buy a better one.

APPLES355
09-13-2007, 12:07 AM
you know vic i contemplated doing something like that to the frame just to get a better roll center height, but i was going to cut out the stock mounts and make new one with three or four different locations just to play around. the whole tools to do it thing is what haunts me right now, but that is for after school. i am not big into the circle track thing but turning is turning. i do like how you put those pills in the rear to add in turning. with the factory setup you can get it to change in angle just a little to aid turning, but probably not enough for what you guys are looking for. thats cool that logans into the whole engineering thing. its good to have another gear head engineer. yes i am going to school for engineering, but right now i am going to kirkwood to save some money and get all of my calculus, physics, chemistry, material science, etc classes out of the way. next year i head off to iowa state. this next tuesday they are hosting a tour and career day for students to meet with potential employers for co-op or interships in the summer. i hope to find something that is in the car field(suspension/electric hopefully). if logan enjoys math, science, and how things work. he will love engineering and it will help in on the race track with the knowledge he gains. if i get done early this sunday i might drive over and watch. i always liked the cedar valley street rod events.