PDA

View Full Version : Drag Week 2007

Scott
09-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Drag Week 2007 will be rolling through town next week, if anyone wants to spectate it will be T+T at cordova on sunday, racing in cordova monday, Cedar Falls raceway on thursday, and back to Cordova again on friday. Racing will be from "about 9am till 2 or so" My car wont be making it due to mushroomed valves and a tailhousing from the glide is broke in half!! There will be 5 or more local cars attending and expect to see 150-250 bad-ass cars "and trucks" with ALL types of engine/trans combinations.. :supz:

90 notch
09-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Scotty not to pry,but what the fuck happened!Steve o

Scott
09-07-2007, 09:31 AM
well its kind of a long story but here it goes, first I noticed just a slight bit of oil in the #4 cylinder by looking at the plugs, no plug were burned, no signs of detonation. checked compression and leak down and everything was good 4% leak or better in all 8 holes. so I changed the intake gaskets and the valve seals on the #4 hole, in the process I was checking valve lash and found several cylinders to be about .005 or so loose, and when you look at the top of the valve where the rocker rides it starting to get smashed down and mushroomed out "very, very slightly". I still have the cheap ass valves that came with these heads about 6-7 years ago when I bought them so I know they are shitty valves so thats what I am blaming it on for now anyway. Then I looked under the car and saw a big puddle of ATF and found a crack in the tailhousing, hit it with a ratchet and the tailhousing broke in HALF behind the tranny mount "with has a rubber bushing btw" I think maybe the driveshaft is out of balance or the tailhousing was previously cracked and I didnt see it..

Scott
09-07-2007, 09:37 AM
I think the valves might still have a little life in them but Im not sure if I want to chance dropping a valve, but I got this bet that my car will run 9.18 or faster this year and I really want to make cedar valley street rod day but Im gone all week on drag week and dont have anytime to get the car ready.

90 notch
09-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Who made that bet????Steve o

Scott
09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
haha it was just me and Dean being drunk and arguing

skinny1030
09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
That sucks!!!! Is Havlik still going on drag week? I will probaly be at least one of the stops. I wish I had the vacation time to go but I don't so hopfully it's close again next year.

Scott
09-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Last I heard he was going, and Terry Miller but its hard to tell untill the last minute sometimes. I sure hope Terry makes it because I should be riding with him

RandomHero
09-07-2007, 03:38 PM
guy from my work is going all week and hes a good friend of Havliks and he said that he was going and has one hell of a nitrous system to test out. i saw pics. :butthead:

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
09-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I am seriously thinking about trying it. Throw on an alternator and some mt drag radials and im set. Oh and wipers.

DustinsDuster
09-08-2007, 10:44 AM
i probably wont make it out to see in person, but you better take a lot of pictures and bring them back here Scotty; im holding you to that

Scott
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I'll see what I can do, Im usually too damn busy to take pictures, if you look here http://www.1320video.com/ they have up to date coverage and some kick ass pictures that are hard to beat, that will give you another website to check while at work next week Dustin :biggrin: I will bring my laptop if we have enough room and give ya some insider stuff... Wish us all luck

Urban Legend
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear that Scott, that really sucks.

gsxtacy
09-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Looks like me and Brian will prolly be down to watch on Friday. Hope to see ya guys there.

Jared

Rollin on Dubs
09-11-2007, 04:01 PM
It was a mad thrash on Havliks nova, to make er to drag week (Halvlik, Scott Worton, and I were working on it almost nonstop since friday. But he made it up there and was still doing some wireing for the nitrous on monday, http://www.1320video.com/img/DW07Monday/DSC04954.jpg

But he ran a 9.3 on monday with a 180 shot,

And i just got off the phone with him and he said that he ran a 9.1 @ 152 on the 300 shot but he had to get out of it a couple of times due to tire shake (its on 295 MT drag radials) But he said that he was going to give it hell on friday at cordova, and the progressive controler should be completly operational.

And i guess Purple 2 The 67 chevy nova one of the 7 second cars had to drop out today. Either way Going to cordova would be worth the trip

Rollin on Dubs
09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Brian also said to check http://www.powertvonline.com For up to date videos as well (there should be a in car video of his nova up later tonite

DustinsDuster
09-11-2007, 04:21 PM
9.1 at 151? thats freaking awesome! and for its first time out on the nitrous; i am VERY impressed. i'll have to buy him a beer when he gets back into town.

Rollin on Dubs
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
It will be in the 8s this week! If he would have had some more track time on it prior to drag week im sure he could have run down in the 8s at every track, but what do ya expect from a car that was built in 9 months (only original sheetmetal on the car is the Roof decklid and dash)

DustinsDuster
09-15-2007, 05:06 PM
go to http://www.powerperformancetv.com/featured_landing.php?reset=true to see the videos from dragweek; on the list of videos to the right of the player, the fourth vid down should be a video titled "Dragweek: Unlimited Class Unplugged", watch that one to see a story on BHavlik.

the vid shows him running 9.15 at 151, letting out of it. best pass of the week was 9.01 at 152. Brian finished 3rd place in the unlimited class, getting beat by big tire, supercharged AND nitrous'd big block cars. not too bad for an (almost) all steel small block car with 295 drag radials and some nitrous.....