PDA

View Full Version : Good, reasonable chassis work in CR area

97cobra
08-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey all, Im looking for reasonable chassis work in the Cedar Rapids area. I had taken my car to Performance Concepts the last two times for gears, and gauge work, nice guys, a little expensive but seemed like good work...I had a negative experience with my gauges so I will not be giving them any more of my business. Is there anyone in the are that does good work. I will be looking to put a 6 point weld in or bolt in cage, subframe connectors, and torque box reinforcements. Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for just anyone who will do cheap work....I would like good work done at a competitive price. Any help on this that anyone could give me would be appreciated.

DustinsDuster
08-26-2007, 09:08 PM
check out zoo keeper chassis in marion. contemporary auto body does good work also.

97cobra
08-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Dustin....do you have the phone numbers to these to places? I can't find them on MSN White Pages and I am about 100 miles south of CR/Marion so I dont have a phone book of the area.

cobratori
08-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Talk to Tony @ Cobra Performance in Marengo. 319-741-6450

APPLES355
08-29-2007, 10:26 PM
just thought i would say that zookeeper chassis is no longer in marion. i dont know if they updated there website lately, but you can do a search and find them. i think they moved to lisbon to make it cheaper for people, but dont quote me on that. i just know they arent in marion. i had shawn do some work for me and i was happy with the results. another option is there is a guy by the name of rob that lives in springville that does chassis work on the side. i would have to get his number from a friend, but he does awesome work also. there is another person in fairfax that does chassis work on the side too, but i cant remember his name right now. when i go to get the cage in my car that who i am going to. its bad that i cant remember his name, but he did all the tig welding on my rearend for the coilovers & relocation brackets. if you need names or numbers let me know.
josh

97cobra
08-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Josh,

Thanks for the info and yeah all the numbers and names that you would give me would be great...I would like to shop around a bit and see who does the best work for a decent price. I'm looking to have a 6 point roll bar put in, subframes and torque box reinforcements so Im sure for a good chassis man it shouldnt be that bad.

Thanks again,

Jeff