PDA

View Full Version : Evo VS Ford GT

EvoNiner
08-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Back in July i decieded i was going to toss my EVO into the Vinton Cruise just for the sake of having something different in the midst of mostly all American V8 classics. On my way there i stumble upon something amazing at a stop light. A White Ford GT, rumbling a tune thats alien to the city of Cedar Rapids. I was behind him in the turning lane and all i wanted to do was pull up to him and ask if he'd want to go to the Vinton cruise since that would easly steal the show...

Seemed like an easy task... until i realized he wasnt out just for a daily cruise, more like a daily blast down the road... He slingshots around the corner with little barks from his back tires, and i try my damnedest to keep up. We both get stopped at the next light, i'm again stuck behind him. The light turns green and he romps on it, I can see the 5.4 bellowing away from me. So i give my little EVO all she had... Powershifting into second... As much as i'd like to beleive that my car is a quick car around CR, I felt like I was driving a god damn turd cause there wasnt anyway i was catching him.

I follow him down some streets and finaly catch him parking it at his house. I yell out to him, telling him i wasnt try'n to be some punk kid that was try'n to screw with him. How i'd just wanted to see if he'd go to the cruise cause its amazing... Well he didnt like that idea (which is understandable... i dont think i'd trully want to park my car where all sorts of random people would be touching my 200 thousand dollar car...). I beleive it was Dan Lynch's Ford GT. It was pretty damn cool. I'd only dream of owning one of those...

Urban Legend
08-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I know Lynch has a white one. Pretty bad ass!

DustinsDuster
08-27-2007, 05:51 AM
those cars are pretty insane right out of the box. i doubt i would ever buy one, but i would definatly drive one.

Scott
08-27-2007, 09:09 AM
There was a few of those sold in CR, theres more cars like that around here than you would think.

Domestic Disturbance
08-28-2007, 10:41 AM
ya a testarossa came out the other day. had fikse rims on it. 1 of my favorite ferrari's

black88gt
08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
surprising # of gt500s around too, me and DD saw 3 w/in 20 minutes on a nice day

EvoNiner
08-28-2007, 04:35 PM
My buddie almost got run off the road by a Saleen S7 down by solon...