PDA

View Full Version : another WTF COPS!!!! story

Drifte
08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
My girlfriend stopped on her way home from work and got me some at my work. She heads home on University ave and proceeds into a every car safety inspection just before you hit campus. Her car was perfectly, fine i make sure of that. But since she just switched insurance they hadnt yet mailed her card because we just moved here, and for some reason things arent getting forwarded properly. so guess what A cop writes her a ticket that that bastard who works 12hrs a day 4 days a week prolly cant afford. FINE: $250, surcharge: $80, courtcosts $50, for a grand total of $380. SHe tried to explain it to the cop several times, who every time gave the line " if you dont have your insurance card, you dont have insurance." which we all know is BS, so i wanna go kick some ass.

as if college students who work and have all the expenses and more of every other human dont have enough to worry about....

Drifte
08-24-2007, 08:31 AM
another thing...

they are basically writing her a ticket for not being up to date. well heres a good one for ya.

the ticket wrote her address as 220 hilltop road in swisher. where she lived 3 years and 4 addresses ago.

now im gonna go double check the plates, hopefully the dumbass cant read either and this ticket will get thrown out, at his cost.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-24-2007, 08:50 AM
All you have to do is take the insurance to the slerk with the ticket and they will drop it.

When i had just finished my neon, i was drving up to the paint shop to pick out a color. I didnt have insurance at all, got pulled over and got a $6XX ticket. I told the officer i had insurance but just didnt receive my card yet. So i called up my insurance company and had them put insurance on my car. Then after a few days when i got the card, i took it to the clerk with the ticket and told her the same thing i told the officer. "i just put insurance on it the car that morning so i didnt have the card." she looked at the date on the card and seen that it was in fact the same day i got the ticket so she assumed I did have insurance when i got pulled over, dropped the ticket and i didnt have to pay a thing.
Than I had the same thing happen to me again when i actualy DID have insurance, just did the same thing and they dropped the ticket again.

TbTalon94
08-24-2007, 09:07 AM
all you have to do is call her insurance company and they should take care of it. You tell them the badge-number, station, and ticket number and they should take care of it for you. It's their fault you don't have the card so they take care of it. Has happened to my brother a few times.

DustinsDuster
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Colton, just ask yourself, "What would Chuck Norris do?" and then roundhouse kick the cop in the throat....

TbTalon94
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
seriously i'm going to just start deleting them...

Ass

slobalt
08-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Mandatory Safety inspectoin?? That's a new one for me, I guess I'll be on the look out for those. I've been ticketed for no insurance but it's still a hassel to go to the courthouse and show proof you were insured the day the ticket was written.

ZEE
08-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Just went through the 'no insurance card' thing. Went to the court house to show them the card. It is no longer dropped with no charge. You now have to pay the $50 court cost. Who gives a crap if I don't have my damn card in the car. I'm covered whether it's in there or not. So I get charged 50 bucks for having the required insurance. It's BS!

slobalt
08-24-2007, 03:11 PM
damn, I never have my card cause I never open my mail, guess I better call the insurance company and have them send me new ones.

JustinS
08-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Fuck the man Colton, fuck the man. *raises fist in the air*

Cedar Falls cops sound like jack asses, Ames cops barely give a shit what you do unless you hit someone with your car.

Drifte
08-24-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah $50 charge now. Which is a LOT of money right now to us, just had to buy new books, my computer is STILL at bestbuy, so a new computer is around the corner...

We'll call the insurance company and the courthouse and see what we can do. But its just another thing to add to my long busy day.

also...roundhouse kick is a must.

Domestic Disturbance
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
im surprised when i got pulled over in marion a little bit ago i didnt have a card and they told me they could tow my car without proof and have it inmpounded hahaha. fuck the marion faggots.

Drifte
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
oh it gets better...my paycheck didnt get transfered with me, so 3 weeks worth of pay is in CR. man im lucky.

amoander
08-24-2007, 07:18 PM
FYI, The police can impound your car with no proof of insurance and you will have to pay for the tow and impound. You will be cited for no insurance then you can have the ticket dropped with proof. But most officers won't do this because they have far more important things to do usually, and it takes up 2-3 hours of there day and a great deal of paper work.

EvoNiner
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
ouch... I'm sorry bud, wish there werent cops on power trips out there... but listen to all these guys, there's at least something you can do about it.

boxmakingman
08-25-2007, 12:24 AM
moral of story; don't drive unless you have your card. I mean it is the law.

slobalt
08-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Yep it is the law, and we all follow the law exactly to the letter don't we... :biggrin: