PDA

View Full Version : Rust & Paint Work

Talon92Fox
08-23-2007, 07:45 PM
So I'm just testing the waters with this, if I do plan to do both then it'll be when I get money.
I'm looking for a person who's good with repairing rust, (all the way through the body on the drivers rocker panel, not surface rust) and is also good with painting cars. I was thinking if I got the money, I'd fix the rust, and while I'm at it, doing body work and such, paint the car something along the lines of gunmetal. (Photoshop people, PM me) The body has quite a few flaws to it, being rust, faded paint, chips, dents, etc.
So let me know with preferably a phone number, what town it's in, and a price range on both the repair and the paint job.
Advice is welcome here.......

RandomHero
08-23-2007, 09:18 PM
that much work isnt going to be cheap.
so than ask yourself, is it really worth that much to fix up?

Talon92Fox
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Actually yes. I plan on keeping this car for a while, and suprisingly it's my favorite car overall. Which is why I asked for an estimated price range so I know.

DustinsDuster
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
what kind of car are we talking about? i have a buddy who's pretty good at that stuff who does it on the side for cash.

RandomHero
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
same here i know a guy too, hes really good, he used to own his own body shop in Marion a few years back.

Talon92Fox
08-24-2007, 05:32 PM
'99 Cavalier RS. I'd help if it knocked down the price a tad, with masking or whatever. The main problems are the one rust spot on the drivers side, faded paint from where I took off the moldings, a dent with paint damage on the passengers front fender, and that's pretty much it. Here's a pic, it looks better from 12 or more feet away but when you get close up you can notice the flaws. You can also notice the rust spot on the rocker panel, and the faded paint on the door.