PDA

View Full Version : SAFC on a n/a car?

Luminatorz34
08-18-2007, 10:30 AM
ok, i was sitting at work last night..and got to thinking what a safc does, and what it can do for the assisted cars...then i got to thinking...what would it do to a n/a car? could you gain a few horses by throwing one on and change the setings and what not for the injectors and fuel curve? i dunno this just might be a dumb question. but im curious though

DustinsDuster
08-18-2007, 12:05 PM
what exactly makes a car not applicable?

Luminatorz34
08-18-2007, 12:22 PM
non turbo, or non supercharged....i thought it was Non Assist. haha

DustinsDuster
08-18-2007, 12:32 PM
usually people put n/t. my guess about the question would be this;

you might see minimal gains from it, but i doubt it would be worth the money or hassel, especially when their are plug in computers that can optimize your tune readily available.

Drifte
08-18-2007, 02:19 PM
if you want to use the safc for your camaro not worth it. Some cars have little for tuning options, so the safc is worth it, turbo or not. But even then, not real necessary. My civic could use a slight tune, but then i need wide band as well to even know what it needs.

idk if makin any sense.

black88gt
08-18-2007, 03:55 PM
usually people put n/t. my guess about the question would be this;

you might see minimal gains from it, but i doubt it would be worth the money or hassel, especially when their are plug in computers that can optimize your tune readily available.

most of the time ive seen n/a used to mean "naturally aspirated"

maybe thats just me

DustinsDuster
08-18-2007, 04:19 PM
yeah, i just really enjoy being a smartass.

Luminatorz34
08-18-2007, 05:10 PM
yeah i kinda bounced between naturally aspirated, or non assist....but yeah...i wasnt going to attempt putting a safc in the camaro...thats what the hyper tech programmer is for....but just in general i was curious what asafc could do to a n/a car

TbTalon94
08-19-2007, 10:30 AM
i had an s-afc on the talon before it was turbo. Helped slightly but I desperatly needed a wideband. Plus I had a lot of supporting mods with it. It works on N/A. It's just adjusting the fuel.

JJ240
08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Factory or near factory cars are never perfectly in tune...they have really loose tunes for safety. They never know what kind of gas people will run, and how well it will be taken care of. There is a really skilled nissan guru who managed to pull an extra 30whp out of a bone stock nissan sentra SE-R (NA 2L engine) through tuning, but that was with timing and fuel tuning(ECU retune). An SAFC is only good for tweaks since it can only tune for fuel, and can actually fuck your ignition timing up when you adjust injector duty cycle with it. It has to be installed on a car it is designed for too. It can translate MAFS signals, but it has to be reading from, and translating to a source it is programmed for.