PDA

View Full Version : WTF Cedar Rapids

Juggernaut
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I swear everytime I come back to visit CR changes so damn much. I remember 2 years ago before I left 1st ave used to be over run by people. Im here visiting my family for 2 weeks and I desided to just take a cruise down 1st ave to see if I knew anyone and it is dead as fuck!! I did see Zee with his camaro and 2 other camaros out but thats it. JC's seemed to have a shitload of people. But even down on 1st ave and 15th where the ghetto is I dont see dumbasses running across the street or anything.
LOL has CRPD put a ban on anyone being out past 10pm or something??

Anyways I just noticed that CR has changed alot since Ive been gone.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-17-2007, 11:24 PM
School is startin up...

As for the 1st/15th area, there was a pretty big "gang" thing that happened there a while back and it seems to have been pretty dead ever since. Plus hanging out at the "Ghetto QT" sounded cool. "Ghettoe Road Ranger" just dont sound as good. And lasty, i for one, am not going to complain about th elack of ricers hangine out at the bank or Walgreens or JiffyLube... It i skind of nice being able to drive around without some fag in a honda tryin to "race" me everytime i stop...

plus CR just plain sucks

RandomHero
08-18-2007, 12:27 AM
gang shit? wtf

Drifte
08-18-2007, 06:20 AM
that stabbing. but yea its been kinda dead lately. CF is actually loaded with car and bike guys cruising university ave.

Ashley
08-18-2007, 07:19 AM
plus with all the construction that was/is happening on 1st ave, it pretty much sucks driving there, let alone all the ghetto people that try to walk around down there. plus.. when i worked at the QT we were pretty cool about letting people hang out and stand outside, but i dont think road ranger lets anyone hang around - they have to either buy something or leave. lol.

DustinsDuster
08-18-2007, 07:53 AM
i broke a rocker arm in my engine and decided to just tear my car apart, so now no one wants to go drive around. it was all dependant on me.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-18-2007, 08:28 AM
gang shit? wtf

forgot about the stabbing...

I was talking about the time there where cars jam packed up in there so bad no one could move more than a couple inches and there where so many black people in the lot and in front of the store you couldnt even see through. Looked like night in the middle of the day. Me and James actualy tried to roll up in there just because we thought it would be funny as we would LETERALY be the only white people around (except the workers insde) but as soon as we pulled in the cops flipped out and made us leave saying "this place isnt safe for you guys right now". So we watched from the KFC parking lot and after it all cooled down we decided to ask a police officer what was going on and we where told "some sort of gang issue with people from chicago and people from here fighting over drug territory". I did see a shit ton of brown so i assume that is actualy what was going on (chicago gang=brown). It was a pretty interesting situation!!

EvoNiner
08-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah, i dont really like cruise'n down 1st ave that much because of the road construction... When i had my monte carlo SS it was dark out, and i drove over a freshly paved road... Tar was everywhere! So i really dont want my Evo anywhere near where frech tar could lay...

But i do agree with you, 1st ave, even last year, seemed to have ALOT more people out cruise'n... now its pretty dead.

Juggernaut
08-18-2007, 03:08 PM
i broke a rocker arm in my engine and decided to just tear my car apart, so now no one wants to go drive around. it was all dependant on me.
lmao is that right dustin

DustinsDuster
08-18-2007, 03:38 PM
the events and times line up, dont they? you can believe all this "gang" stuff, and the clever "road construction" to cover it all up, but if you check the facts and documentation, it all boils down to me....

Drifte
08-18-2007, 10:43 PM
idk about that exactly dustin. but anything to do with gangs and violence just pisses me right off. People spreading their ignorant pathetic ways around into our pleasant state. shoulda arrested everyone their, makes me wanna be a cop or something.