PDA

View Full Version : Any one going to midnight mania sept 1st?

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to see who will all show up at Cedar falls raceway sept 1st. I will be bringing the shop mustang for some runs. I would even like to race some bikes for money if anyones interested. Mike Salkowski

allgo
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey some of us will be at tri state sunday are you going, come up and introduce yourself. I will have my cobra there.

08-15-2007, 04:53 PM
I have been wanting to meet all of you guys, I am going to a Brewers game sat. so im not exactly sure when I will get back. I will definitely keep you guys posted though. Mike Salkowski

Scott
08-16-2007, 07:05 AM
I should be there on the 1st, going sunday also if I can get my MSD box replaced by then :mad:

08-16-2007, 07:10 AM
What kind of msd box you need? I might have one laying around

Scott
08-16-2007, 07:18 AM
I need a Digital 6 with a working timing retard, I think I might have a line on one I can borrow for sunday but I plan on upgrading to a 7 series digital box after this mishap, I have heard many bad things about the digital 6 boxes and I just ignored them because mine always has worked great. Now I think they're just a ticking time bomb..

08-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Well I would agree on upgrading to the 7 series. I had a digital 6 here 3 weeks ago and sold it to a guy in Wisconsin. Only thing I have here is a new msd 10 plus.

Scott
08-16-2007, 10:09 AM
I almost found a killer deal on one of those, on ecrater a guy had one listed for 101.77 and it was supposed to be 1001.77, I was hoping it would slip through the cracks and he wouldnt notice it but he did and now he has to refund my money. that was almost mean. I cant afford one of those right now, thanks for checking though.

08-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Not a problem, I will keep an eye out for a box for you. If I find something to good to pass up I will PM you.

68nova
08-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I might know of a 7531 dig 7 box if your intrested...
BC

Scott
08-16-2007, 05:55 PM
That would be just awesome to have, I would love to buy it but it will be a while before I can afford one of those. The shitty thing is I just tried another digital 6 box in it from my brothers car and the timing retard doesnt work in that either, time to call into the damn tech line and see if they know something about it. PM me about the price/availability of that 7 box if you could.

tylers88
08-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey since I'm sure you guys know way more about ignitions than me, I want to put an Accel Digital 300+ and coil kit from Summit on my 88 Sierra to go with my Accel cap and rotor, but i'm about broke, and i have to drive it to school every day. Am I going to be wasting $250 to get this kit. Thanks in advance.

Scott
08-17-2007, 06:57 AM
I got the timing retard problem fixed, it was a stupid ass problem, the timing retard doesnt kick in to 2000-2500 rpm, I talked to MSD tech and he said I could check it at idle or lower rpm like I was doing so I figured it was just messed up.. Tyler, I would stick with MSD ignition because thats just what I have always used before, not theres anything wrong with accel, but if your broke I would recomend looking on there website and look at the instruction manual and figure out if you will need anymore stuff to make it work with your application, rather than just buy it and find out later you need to dump 50 bucks or do a bunch more wiring on it to make it work..

tylers88
08-17-2007, 08:39 AM
The only reason I'm gonna go with Accel just to keep it all the same. Thanks