PDA

View Full Version : are there any trust worthy mechanics in cr

z28z34man
08-11-2007, 11:30 AM
i think my sister cracked her oil pan (she said she hit a big bump and now it is leaking oil). I would check it out but i am in maquoketa and she is in cr. so i am asking what mechanic would you send her to that wont rip her off

RandomHero
08-11-2007, 11:43 AM
there is Sankots Garage in Fairfax. my family has been going to them for like 17 years.

z28z34man
08-11-2007, 12:41 PM
who should i tell my sister to say sent her.

DustinsDuster
08-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Performance Concepts are trustworthy. not the cheapest place in town, but they do good work.

NewSpeedSteed
08-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I can vouch for both Performance Concepts and Sankot's Garage (located in Fairfax) Performance Concepts will most likely be more expensive but like Dustin said they do awesome work and are trustworthy- you get what you pay for. Sankot's has been around forever and they have always done quality work for my family and me in the past... like Matt said there the kind of shop that you will continue to go back to year after year.

Lately though I've been taking my stuff to a guy in Elberon (Tama County) its a longer drive than CR but the guy knows his stuff. The owner, Jamie Kaulpake use to build Race Camaros and stuff when he was younger- he was really good then got into a accident or something so he runs the shop only now. The garage has been in his family for like 3 generations so he obviously knows what hes doing- plus he is more reasonable (in my opinion) than most CR garages.

Domestic Disturbance
08-11-2007, 09:15 PM
pc is rather pricey. 4 a good deal and good work with knowledgable people, anderson automotive has reasonable prices. they r located in marion, but thats not but a 5 min trip

z28z34man
08-12-2007, 01:20 PM
my sister had someone look at it and it turned out that it was water from the ac being on. good thing she called me just b4 i drove up there otherwise i would have been pissed.

logans dad
08-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Performance Concepts are trustworthy. not the cheapest place in town, but they do good work.

If your talking about the race shop place Dustin They are the highest priced place in town. Ive called them about things and they can never give me a price or call back.

Mufflers and More if you say my name on the Ave might treat you well.

I also take a lot of my vehicles to Cassill but Ive known them for years, Call around and get a price to replace it or have it welded. If they cant give you a price before they start look for another place. Concepts I know wont give you a price unless you take the car to them. If Sperry's isn't to busy they might do it.

DustinsDuster
08-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Steve is a friend of my family and a friend of some other friends, so i have never had a problem with him. i also helped do the plumbing and some other stuff on that building.

i will not dispute that he is very high priced, but i have also never heard anyone having any problems with any of the work they do there.