PDA

View Full Version : Ever been so lazy that you put a TV in your dining room?

ZacFields
08-10-2007, 04:02 PM
*EDITED*
I had way too long of a post for something so simple. Basically I've mounted a Westinghouse 19" TV in my dining room. The cable is run through the wall (holes drilled behind the TV and behind the entertainment center to keep them invisible) and so whatever is showing on the TV in the living room is showing on the TV in the dining room.

Essentially, Ashley and I made the decision that we like this place and we'll keep it. We can afford a bigger place in the near future, but we decided we'll continue living here and use some of our extra money on home-improvement-type stuff. We decided we'de rather live in a house that is the perfect size for us than move into a bigger more expensive home and not have the money to do all the fun shit we've been doing.

So look forward to seeing more funny/stupid home improvement posts from me in the near future. I might consolidate them into one post before too long.

Zac

Ricky
08-12-2007, 09:57 AM
haha thats cool but if it was me i would just put a mirror on the living room wall so i could see the tv in the living room from the dinning room. it would be backwords but would still get the job done. o did i mention i was really cheap?

ZacFields
08-12-2007, 10:18 AM
That's really funny because that was my first idea. The only problem with that would be that I would have to put the mirror in a really weird spot and it would have to be kinda big, and angled, etc.

It's just one of the many little unnecessary things we will be able to afford to do because we have a fairly inexpensive mortgage compared to our incomes. We've got a few more plans for the near (and distant) future:

-New refrigerator (A nice one, with Ice-maker and digital temperature settings)
-Tile infront of the front door
-New carpet
-New central air unit (and I want one with some power) :)
-Completely re-do the bathroom (New sink, toilet, and much bigger bathtub. Will probably get one with jets)

I'm going to create one big home-improvement post pretty soon. I'll put everything I've done and just keep it all in there. It'll be neat to see how much different everything has gotten since we bought this place.

Zac

slobalt
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I like that, not a lot of messy wires everwhere.

Your list is similar to mine. We finally got a house and the wife wants to add her own touch to it using me to do it.

The master bath had no tub so the wife wants to gut it. I did the same thing at my last house not looking forward to do it again.

DustinsDuster
08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
i am torn on the whole decorating a house thing. its a good thing Kelli is so into that stuff; i could never fill a house with decorations and furniture....