PDA

View Full Version : CRPD SWAT

TurboZ28
07-24-2007, 07:25 PM
does CRDP have a SWAT team? thinking about going AF special forces. in the guard then go SWAT some place

ZacFields
07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
^ Yes they do, actually. The only thing is that it consists of about 75% of all the officers in the CRPD so I don't think that it's something that you can just do without being a regular officer.

They have a really nice swat vehicle and also an undercover swat vehicle that just looks like a bread truck. That one is pretty neat when you see a bread-truck rolling up and then a whole slew of CRPD's finest come barreling out of there.

They used to come to my QT all the time during swat drills to get drinks and such.

Zac

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 09:37 PM
yeah, because we in CR really really need a SWAT team....

JustinS
07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm curious as to why you don't think we need a SWAT team?

My second cousin was a part of the CR SWAT team for quite awhile, but now we has gone away from that and is back on regular patrol.

slobalt
07-25-2007, 08:00 AM
I don't remember a Special Forces in the AF, we had the Para-Rescue which combined emergency lifesaving techniques with combat training. They're the guys who are called when a plane goes down.

I've been out for 15 years though things always change.

Deathinnovember
07-25-2007, 08:20 AM
yeah, because we in CR really really need a SWAT team....

Actualy I could see a slight need for it. Just to clean up Cedar Rapids. Theres a pretty large drug cartel. Cedar rapids and Des Moines are some of the centeral hubs for meth trafficing.

Anyways, wouldn't it be awesome during street races the S.W.A.T. team coming down on grapples from huey helicopters and throwing smoke bombs at us? I would definitely start coming up every weekend!

TurboZ28
07-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't remember a Special Forces in the AF, we had the Para-Rescue which combined emergency lifesaving techniques with combat training. They're the guys who are called when a plane goes down.

I've been out for 15 years though things always change.

We have the Tactical Air Control Party (TACP), Para-Rescue, Combat Controllers.
the TACP's live and work with the army Special Forces call in all of the air strikes and all of that cool stuff thats what i want to do. i guess if i get a job with the CRPD i ail now be welcome to street race any more. :bawling: :bawling:

DustinsDuster
07-25-2007, 09:53 AM
[quote="DustinsDuster";p="130201":b428d]yeah, because we in CR really really need a SWAT team....
Anyways, wouldn't it be awesome during street races the S.W.A.T. team coming down on grapples from huey helicopters and throwing smoke bombs at us? I would definitely start coming up every weekend![/quote:b428d]

if by "awesome" you mean "lame", than yeah. i just dont think we are in any kind of a shortage of over-bearing cops in Marion/CR. one of the last things we need is to give those already over-bearing cops more serious training and make them even more of a hassle to deal with.

just my opinion

Ashley
07-25-2007, 10:25 AM
well i would think most people [especially most people on CRU] wouldnt ever have to deal with the SWAT team, lol.. so its not like they would ever really hassle anyone, unless it's deserved.

but i think its a good thing they have it... would suck to get in a bad situation and have no one around trained to deal with it.

ZacFields
07-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Well there's a vast difference between CR cops and Marion cops. In fact, they aren't even on the same wavelength. I've been pulled over quite a few times, and one thing that most CR cops have in common is that they are realistic and courteous. I've never been pulled over and felt like I was being treated unfairly, except the time I was pulled over by a Linn County Sherriff solely because they caught a glimse of my tint. I was just driving from Quik-Trip to my other job minding my own business until they sped up until they were right next to me and saw my tint and decided to pull me over.

SWAT teams are needed in every decent sized city. The entire idea of a SWAT team is to be able to overload a large and dangerous situation with a mass amount of specially-trained people. For instance, if some kid runs into Jefferson with a gun and puts the whole school on lock-down, it would be nice to have a specially trained group of people to deal with that.

But again, we already have a SWAT team... at least for the last 6 years because that's how long I've known about it.

Zac

warchild145
07-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Marion also has a SWAT team but its called HEAT instead. Same thing just different name. Also you usually have to have so many years on the Dept. in order to be eligible for SWAT.

DustinsDuster
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
i wonder if there's "Asshole Points" or something that you have to collect as well. i had a cop once tell me that if i drove my Duster without exhaust again, it would no longer be my Duster, it would be his Duster. he mustve got a lot of points for that one....

JustinS
07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
You seem very bitter about the local law enforcement, lol.

I've got no problems with the cops I have met and spoken with, most are actually really cool to talk to if you are polite and curteous.

DustinsDuster
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
well, its like, i am supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but they usually dont seem to act that way around me. so until they act a little better around me, they are all lame until proven cool...

TurboZ28
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
if i do get a job with them i will not be an ass!