PDA

View Full Version : No, this is what's coming soon.....

snickerlicker
07-21-2007, 11:18 AM
:supz:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/10sec5oh/DSC00399.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/10sec5oh/DSC00402.jpg

allgo
07-21-2007, 11:26 AM
UT...OHH....

logans dad
07-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I love it!!!! What ever is reflecting in the 2nd picture looks interesting also.

What ever happened to sick fux ? His shit break ??

DustinsDuster
07-21-2007, 07:02 PM
im still a fan of the other car. built from the ground up in 9 months, with no qualms driving it on Dragweek

allgo
07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I love it!!!! What ever is reflecting in the 2nd picture looks interesting also.

What ever happened to sick fux ? His shit break ??

I think that is a rossler turbo 400 tranny!!

logans dad
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Joe, Wonder it that would work in our stock car lol, We have broken 2 trannys and drive shafts last 2 weeks. Cant figure out whats going on with it.

logans dad
07-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Sick fux, You going to the BBQ? Im going to try and make it and hope to see U there!!!!!

on a budget
07-23-2007, 05:10 PM
really arrent prepared ...

DustinsDuster
07-23-2007, 10:12 PM
i still want to see that drive on dragweek, drive home, and then drive back up to Wisconsin just for the hell of it. running on 89 octane sometimes because thats all there is when youre in the middle of no where...

snickerlicker
07-24-2007, 03:42 AM
That car has been driven EVERYWHERE numerous times, so to that I say deal with it.....

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 07:10 AM
ok, i'll deal with the fact you have a slutty car...

allgo
07-24-2007, 07:16 AM
i still want to see that drive on dragweek, drive home, and then drive back up to Wisconsin just for the hell of it. running on 89 octane sometimes because thats all there is when youre in the middle of no where...

That car is driven on pump gas to.

Deathinnovember
07-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Not really super wide but a 50 size widewall is pretty huge! Looks good.

Rollin on Dubs
07-24-2007, 10:21 AM
315's are for race cars! :biggrin:

90 notch
07-24-2007, 11:05 AM
So is the a/c and the subs in the trunk!Steve o

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 11:10 AM
hey, the car i posted pics of has an amp and some other goodies in the trunk....

allgo
07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
this post has nothing to do with halvlicks car. But this car does have a/c, heat,full sound system with 2 amps, sub. As for the tire comment for race cars, I guess since i can fit the biggest tire without tubbing it I think thats ok.

allgo
07-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Dustin just cause I dont have a week off to do drag week doesnt mean I dont drive my car everywhere. I think since yu trailor your car to the track its a drag car know.lol

I have driven both of my cars to and back from the track more then once.

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
i trailered my car to the strip because it was built with cheap parts and i was afraid i was going to break something. hell, you could build my car for under $7k, including buying the car. thats not much more than you spent on your blower.

honestly, my car is probably closer to being a drag car than full on street car, its got no radio, no heater, and power nothing; but that doesnt stop me from driving it on the street. the trailer argument is kindof lame really. both Chris and Steve trailered their cars to the strip, and i didnt hear anyone say anything about that(including me).

in the end, i dont care what you or anyone else thinks of my car, i enjoyed the hell out of it, and for the budget i built it on, im pretty happy how long it went with no major problems and how fast it ran before the problems. say what you will.

Deathinnovember
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
this post has nothing to do with halvlicks car. But this car does have a/c, heat,full sound system with 2 amps, sub. As for the tire comment for race cars, I guess since i can fit the biggest tire without tubbing it I think thats ok.

I'm not trying to join the arguement. But all I have to say is I have a lot more respect for a fast street car than I do for a fast strip car. Those are a dime a dozen. But a fast streetable car is hard to come by.

allgo
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Dustin you are missing my point, last year everyone was all over us for putting are cars on a trailor, now I see the same people doing the same thing. I personally will and have put my car on a trailor so I could care less.

P.S. dont try to compare your car on a trailor to a 1000hp car on a trailor.

snickerlicker
07-24-2007, 05:06 PM
315's are for race cars! :biggrin:

Ok, I guess every ZR-1 Corvette built from 1990-95 was a race car then cause they had 315's from the factory......

Deathinnovember
07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
[quote="Rollin on Dubs";p="130154":8a324]315's are for race cars! :biggrin:

Ok, I guess every ZR-1 Corvette built from 1990-95 was a race car then cause they had 315's from the factory......[/quote:8a324]

Man I'm almost a race car. I have 295's. If only the F1's were 315's!

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
well aparently you missed that I never got on any of the MSCA for trailering their cars to the strip. i never gave any of you any crap for not having "street cars". all i did say was that i like Havlik's car more, and you in turn brought me into the argument i was previously not in at all.

allgo
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
well aparently you missed that I never got on any of the MSCA for trailering their cars to the strip. i never gave any of you any crap for not having "street cars". all i did say was that i like Havlik's car more, and you in turn brought me into the argument i was previously not in at all.

I think you got yourself into it, I dont see anyone arguing with you just stated are opinion. You come on the msca section and say its coming and thats not going to ruffle some feathers? Oh well I have no problem with you.

ZEE
07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Cool! I have a race car.:)

fbodyguy
07-24-2007, 08:59 PM

RC's don't count Jay, you don't have anything other then that.

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
i posted it in here because you guys would actually know who i was talking about. i didnt say "you MSCA guys better watch out" or anything of the sort.

stupid me, i forgot about all the "sides" and "cliques" of car groups here in town. it seems no one can just be psyched for someone getting their car together....its really kindof sad

allgo
07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Go in the bathroom and grab a tissue god, not one person said one thing about your car and you go all gay pride on us and say its mine and I am proud well good.

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 10:22 PM
like you have any room to talk down to me about getting heated when someone tells me my car isnt a street car. theres a couple years of threads backing me up on this...

DustinsDuster
07-24-2007, 11:59 PM
not one person said one thing about your car and you go all gay pride on us and say its mine and I am proud well good.

I think since yu trailor your car to the track its a drag car know.lol

?

P.S. dont try to compare your car on a trailor to a 1000hp car on a trailor.

i trailered my car to the strip because it was built with cheap parts and i was afraid i was going to break something.

how many 1000hp cars are made with cheap parts? how am i comparing my car to a 1000hp car? are you saying that i wasnt making enough power to worry about breaking any of those cheap parts?

I have driven both of my cars to and back from the track more then once.

yeah, and i have driven my car to strip, blew 2nd gear out of it, and drove it home. wasnt a fun expirience; rather not go through it again. even still, i was all geared up to drive my car to the strip for the Chelf race, but the day before Scott tells me his car wont be together and offers his trailer to me. sue me for not taking the chance of stranding myself in CF in the middle of the night.

just one more thing; i want to be completely clear on these so-calle d"street car" rules. if i were to replace the bearings in my motor, put my car back together, and drive it to the strip, run and drive home, would it then magically transend your "racecar" judgement, and all of the sudden meet all of your "street car" criteria?

and just because im curious, is it just you who has labeled mine a racecar, or have i lost the MSCA's seal of approval as well?

Rollin on Dubs
07-25-2007, 04:42 AM
[quote="Rollin on Dubs";p="130154":2443a]315's are for race cars! :biggrin:

Ok, I guess every ZR-1 Corvette built from 1990-95 was a race car then cause they had 315's from the factory......[/quote:2443a]

Settle down big fella, Im was kidding around about 315's being for race cars, I like the GN, and know that it runs hard. But anything that can run hard on a raidal gets my props, (hell i even told Brian H that 295's are for race cars)

Scott
07-25-2007, 07:33 AM
I have no problems with allgo saying he's got a street car, I have seen a couple of his cars get driven alot on the street "given its race gas" but they still get driven. but when many of the guys with licensed/registered race cars start calling havliks car a race car because its got ladder bars or big tires or whatever really makes no sense. shit the guy doesnt even own a trailer or a truck that will pull it for that matter. Im sure theres gonna be many race cars having a hard time keeping up with him at the track, and many car haulers having a hard time keeping up on the highway too, he might even be pulling a trailer behind his car to the track! So dont worry dustin about fitting into their street car definition, seems to be anything non-stock/non-MSCA is a racecar.

allgo
07-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Dustin read my post about your car being a drag car you see the lol that means I was kidding. And read the other post where I say I would trailor my car more if I had access to it. God you are turning this into something stupid, what are you trying to get your post count up lol (you see that dustin that means I am joking)!

allgo
07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Scott I do run race gas sometimes but for the most part I run pump.

Scott
07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
yeah I have noticed that.. everytime Ive seen it for the most part there is a little competition planned so it smells like race gas

on a budget
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Dustin you are missing my point, last year everyone was all over us for putting are cars on a trailor, now I see the same people doing the same thing. I personally will and have put my car on a trailor so I could care less.

ahmen.

DustinsDuster
07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
not sure what the last comment was supposed to mean....

ZEE
07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
[quote="ZEE";p="130192":d3e49]

RC's don't count Jay, you don't have anything other then that.[/quote:d3e49]

RC's count. They run on Nitro. That's racin fuel. So they are race cars. :neener:

fbodyguy
07-25-2007, 08:34 PM
[quote="fbodyguy";p="130197":f4fb3][quote="ZEE";p="130192":f4fb3]

RC's don't count Jay, you don't have anything other then that.[/quote:f4fb3]

RC's count. They run on Nitro. That's racin fuel. So they are race cars. :neener:
[/quote:f4fb3]

It isn't legal to run on the street. Your out :)

ZEE
07-26-2007, 08:28 PM
They got to catch me first.

tylers88
07-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Dustin form the pics of your car I've seen it is pretty much a street legal drag car but it is street legal there for its a street car, hell you were just being careful trailoring it.

My cusin had 2 street legal truck one was just purpose built for mud runs, lift big tires fast as hell whipers no heater or ac, but he still trailored it with his s10 that had a northstar 350 in it and when he broke the 76 chev he just used the s10

black88gt
07-27-2007, 12:37 AM
a trailer is a must if you've got a northstar

DustinsDuster
07-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Dustin form the pics of your car I've seen it is pretty much a street legal drag car but it is street legal there for its a street car, hell you were just being careful trailoring it.

i can accept that. i never said my car was a perfect street car, or that it was comfortable to drive long distances, but i loved driving it all over town. especially coming home at 2-3am when i lived in Eagle Ridge and waking up all the old people. man, did they hate me...

logans dad
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Dustin, I hate you!!

Just kiddin.