PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1989 Pearl White Toyota Supra Turbo/Targa/5 Speed, $5250

NorwalkCav2nv
07-14-2007, 08:53 PM
EMAIL: [email:98d0a]fluglhoper@aol.com[/email:98d0a]
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Paypal [+paypal fees], Cash, Cashiers Check
------------------------------------------------------------------
ITEM: 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo/Targa/5 Speed
PRICE: $5250/obo - Also entertaining trades

------------------------------------------------------------------

1989 Toyota Supra Turbo
JDM 7m-gte with 67,xxx on the clock
170,xxx on the chassis
5 Speed
Targa
Pearl White
Burgundy Cloth Interior [complete]
Absolutly ZERO Rust
Clean Carfax!

Modifications:
[i]Engine:
-HKS MHG
-HKS 3000 Pipe
-Custom 2.5" Aluminum Upper and Lower Intercooler Pipes
-Turbo XS RFL Bov "Real Fucking Loud"
-Voodoo 3 Manual Boost Controller
-Exhaust manifold and turbo heat shields were all painted flat black with high temp engine enamel
Exhaust:
-3" Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust
-OBX-R Muffler [HKS Hyper-Drag knockoff]
Interior:
-Lotek Burgundy Pillar Pod
-Autometer Boost Gauge
-Megan Racing Electric Oil Pressure Gauge
-Jensen In-dash DVD/MP3/CD Player [with remotes]
Exterior:
-JDM Yellow Fog Lights
Wheels and Tires:
-17" 5 Spoke Excel Gunmetal Rims
-Sumitomo Tires [front left needs replaced soon, there are a couple bubbles in the sidewall]

New Parts:
-Gaskets and seals all the way through the motor done 50 miles ago
-Starter
-Alternator
-Battery
-Knock Sensor
-Motor Mounts
-Passenger Side Window Motor
-Fuel Pulsation Dampener
-Fuel Pressure Regulator
-New Bridgestone Fuzion HR1 245/40/17

Extra Parts:
-7m-gte Head
-7m-gte/R154 Pressure Plate
-4x Stock Rims [sawblades] they are painted black and they have tires that will need to be replaced eventually
-Coil Pack Cover
-Any other random stuff left over in my basement

The Good?

Turbo has little to no shaft play at all. there is no in and out play. The car was in the "south" for its entire lifetime so far until i bought it and brought it up to Iowa. it has NOT seen any snow or salt and there is still a complete
undercoating done on the bottom of the car. She has NEVER overheated nor shown signs of a blown head gasket [which is what kills all 7m-gte supras] There is absolutely no rust other then one spot on the drive side rear quarter where some of the paint is chipped off. it is merely on the surface. The car has all of its interior intact minus the ash tray in the back seat area. It has a very nice head unit for dvd/mp3/cd playing and is rigged up to allow you to watch dvd's while u are driving. The car is mechanically sound for the most part. It has some basic performance modifications that will bring it all together once u crank the boost! the targa does NOT leak and i have the tool with it. There are ALL new fluids from front to back left to right. clutch system has been bled and all new gear oil put in. shifts very smoothly. its a head turner and sounds very deep. the blow off valve scares people as u drive by. other then that, its basically anything and everything that you'd want out of a mk3 supra with BPU's. i drove the car back from Arkansas to Iowa when i bought it. it made it the entire way flawlessly. i have almost all receipts of parts boughten.

The Bad?

car is in the process of receiving a whole new driver side front rebuild of the hub, wheel studs, ball joints, wheel bearings and other various pieces. the driver side fender has a slight dent in it due to a wheel falling off which is also the reason for the previously stated wheel hub/stud problem. Car could use a little bit of paint here and there. some clear-coat is peeling on the driver side door and the hood. i bought the car this way. i never paid much attention to it. the car runs a clean carfax. for the most part, paint is the only problem and its very minor. Air conditioning compressor is hooked up at the moment and blows somewhat cold air. im taking it in to get recharged soon.

WORKING ON FIXING:

Vacuum Leak - somewhere on the intake side of things. i can hear it when the car is on and i am in the cockpit. the car runs find but has a pretty weak ideal. only a matter of time before i located and eliminate it. otherwise shes amazing.
Driver side Front wheel studs/bearings/hub. parts are on the way. should be done by this week.

History of the Car:

I bought it in February after searching for a supra for over a year. i drove down to Arkansas and picked it up and drove it the WHOLE way back to Iowa leaking oil. shes been cleaned up and upgraded and improved ever since. the only thing that i haven't yet touched is the air conditioning and the paint/body. its been driven maybe 5000-6000 miles or so and has had regular oil changes.

Exterior Pics:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/050807_12592.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/051007_19321.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/fogs3.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/061407_20341.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/061407_20351.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/supratargaoff.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/suprafromafar.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/supramaniasticker.jpg

Engine Bay Pics:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/completed.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/competed2.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/before-1.jpg

Interior Pics:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/screeninstalled.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/prymetyme4/guages2.jpg

thanks for viewing, i have a LOT of pictures that i can add if needed...enjoy.

[im sure im probably missing some stuff, so ill keep it updated. thanks!]

-Tyler

NorwalkCav2nv
07-15-2007, 09:09 AM
price lowered to $6000/obo. ill take offers and possible trades. i have more pics if anyone is interested.

-Tyler

DragonUSMC
07-15-2007, 11:47 AM
wow... bump for a very nice supra

NorwalkCav2nv
07-15-2007, 02:06 PM
wow... bump for a very nice supra

thanks! its a shame that i have to let her go. i just need something not boosted at the moment. im not out of the supra game thats for sure. just need to part with her for awhile. ill defiably own another one. and let me tell you, the targa is amazing!

DustinsDuster
07-15-2007, 10:37 PM
bump for a very nice, very unique car for these parts

tylers88
07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I'll make you a deal I'll take it off of your hands guess what I'll even do it free of charge! WHAT A DEAL

AWSOME car wish I acually had the money for it

NorwalkCav2nv
07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
i was trying to post this this morning but it wasnt working... anyways. thanks for the compliments.

check with your bank, see what u can do. otherwise shoot me an offer. the worst thing that can happen is me saying no.

-Tyler

TbTalon94
07-17-2007, 08:07 AM
you do realize this books for 3,225 in "clean" condition which it is. So your saying an intake, charge piping, and exhaust and some gauges add 3k to the value?

This isn't an MK4...maybe you should rethink your price.

NorwalkCav2nv
07-17-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.kbb.com value does not always match what people are willing to pay. ive gotten several solid offers in the past with less mods then what i have done to it around my asking price. it might be alittle high. but its not everyday that u see a supra of any generation in good condition go for anything close to its blue book value.

Tuesday Price Cut - $5250/obo

black88gt
07-17-2007, 02:16 PM
kbb doesnt mean shit

TbTalon94
07-17-2007, 03:15 PM
that price was NADA...not KBB.

KBB would probably be lower. I realize cars go for more then what they book for. I sold my modified 1g for much more then what it booked for.....but if you saw my 1g compared to stock and then saw this supra compared to stock. There is a HUGE difference. Yours is pretty much stock with high meilage. It just won't hold the value.

Stutz
07-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Its up to the seller to try to get as much as he can out of it, and the buyer to get it as cheap as possible. If you dont like the price dont buy it.

NorwalkCav2nv
07-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Its up to the seller to try to get as much as he can out of it, and the buyer to get it as cheap as possible. If you dont like the price dont buy it.

nicely said mr. moderator vs mr. admin...

tbtalon - my car may have high miles on it. if u knew anythign about the mk3 supra with the 7m-gte, ud know that they are prone to blowing head gaskets due to toyota mis-torqueing the head bolts. therefore the 7m's get BHG no matter what. this car has since been cleaned up and had all of the gaskets replaced including a metal head gasket to prevent the BHG of the 7m. by the way, im pretty sure ur cousin can vouch for the car.. i know clint very well. keep in mind, u dont quite see supras everywhere around like u do dsms and hondas. those generally stay close to the blue book value because there are alot more of them. people pay more for a car that is much harder to find.

anyways, back to the for sale thread.

NorwalkCav2nv
07-17-2007, 09:46 PM
*ninja edit: double post. sorry

tylers88
07-17-2007, 09:57 PM
what the hell is on the steering wheel??

bowtiebuba
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
you do realize this books for 3,225 in "clean" condition which it is. So your saying an intake, charge piping, and exhaust and some gauges add 3k to the value?

you car old talon dint book for 6000, supras are not cheap and if you can get a mk4 for 6000 you better buy it rite now so you can sell it for 14000 dollars more. just a point that kbb dosent dictate what pepole pay or what the car is worth, all it does is tell you how much a bank is going to be willing to loan you.

tylers88
07-17-2007, 10:28 PM
[quote="TbTalon94";p="129763":6b3d4]you do realize this books for 3,225 in "clean" condition which it is. So your saying an intake, charge piping, and exhaust and some gauges add 3k to the value?

you car old talon dint book for 6000, supras are not cheap and if you can get a mk4 for 6000 you better buy it rite now so you can sell it for 14000 dollars more. just a point that kbb dosent dictate what pepole pay or what the car is worth, all it does is tell you how much a bank is going to be willing to loan you.[/quote:6b3d4]

its not an mk 4 its a 3 but it only has 67000 miles on the engine and high retail for it with 170000 on the clock is 5k which i would pay if i had the cash

NorwalkCav2nv
07-17-2007, 10:38 PM
the car is a mk3. the bottom line is fair street value and blue book value are different for rarer cars. simple as that. if ur not willing to pay what im asking, shoot an offer or talk to me in pm's.

keep in mind that the oil changes have been done regularly and its got new coolant. it also has my blood, sweat, and tears, mixed in as well. [figure of speech] ive worked my butt off trying to get this thing running better. shes cam along way from being a stock imported jdm 7m-gte swap to a much cleaner and more reliable car. interior is near mint. targa doesnt leak. its got a full undercoating still under the car and one dime size spot of rust where the paint chipped on the passenger side quarter. it might need a new fender after this week when i get the driver side hub/ball joints replaced. its not perfect, i never said it was. but its worth more then ur blue book value.

turn the boost up a bit and u'll think twice about what it really is. hell, with about $450 in modifications[injectors, lexus afm] u can push this car well over 300hp at the wheels. its got 67,xxx miles on a new motor. car has little to NO rust. shes got alot of new parts including gaskets, starter, alternator... blah...car has all new fluids. never been pushed passed stock boost. its got some bpu's. its pretty clean. and its rare for iowa. take all of that into effect and get back to me with what u think its worth. but once again, im looking for offers. i need this thing gone soon so i can move onto better, bigger, and newer things that are made by toyota :D

black88gt
07-18-2007, 12:30 AM
its a fairly unique car, and they were expensive new, so comparing this to a dsm is apples to oranges. these cars were well ahead of their time.

oh and make sure you keep the oil topped off, because that will be a lot worse than a bhg, ask bowtiebuba. my gf has a 7m and i got her into the habit of checking it a couple times a week.

TbTalon94
07-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Alright let me clear a few things up here. I didn't mean to shoot you or your car down. I am just trying to give buyers a little heads up on what to look for. Also from what you may assume...i do know quite a bit about 7m's and the supra world in general. That's one reason why I'm an Admin and your a member.

A few things though..

-You said in the listing it had NO rust at all, but then you just said it has a dime size rust because of paint chipping then go to say it has "little to no rust". Pretty contradicting don't you think?

-The car has problems...and problems that I wouldn't want to pay top dollar for, get me here? No doubt about it if it had zero mechanical/paint flaws it would sell for WAY WAY above book....but the point is your car has problems and you can't expect to obtain that price.

-Again this is NOT an mk4...they are much harder to obtain, hold a higher re-sale value, much more potential, much more rare in good condition and not fully modded out...you want me to go on?

-mk3's aren't found a lot around here like DSM's and Honda's you are right...but on MOST DSM's and Honda's you can't even expect to get book price. They are so common that you have to go way above and beyond to get a good price out of them.

-Comparing DSM's to Supra's is like apples to oranges, but I was stating that I had much much more done to my Eclipse and it was in perfect condition. Didn't need a wheel hub/bearing, fender, paint, etc. etc. It came ready to go in great condition and made a lot of power and was clean as hell...see where i'm going with this?

The point of an Admin is to keep the site regulated and give members information that they wouldn't normally obtain from just browsing the site. I feel that a potential buyer should know what they are getting and the field of sale for this particular vehicle. In no way was this an attack on you or your car. It looks to be a great looking car and I'm sure it runs great. If you've taken my words in any other way then you are mistaken. Good luck on the sale.

-Trevor

Ashley
07-18-2007, 11:12 AM
it doesnt really matter.. if you dont want the car, dont buy it. if someone doesnt know how to buy a car, thats kind of their fault. if it was me, i'd try to get as much out of my car as i could, too.

END of thread hijacking. no more posts from anyone who isnt interested in the car. thanks. :)

NorwalkCav2nv
07-18-2007, 05:24 PM
nicely said ashley.

NorwalkCav2nv
07-18-2007, 10:19 PM
what the hell is on the steering wheel??

that is a small rope/cord tied around the top dead center part of the steering wheel when the wheels are aligned straight. that way, if u are doing auto-X or drifting, u know where the steering wheel must be to put the wheels back straight. lots of people do it.

NorwalkCav2nv
07-20-2007, 05:20 PM
all pm's/emails replied too.

Domestic Disturbance
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
thats a nice mkiii. would b a fun car 4 autox. wish i wasnt poor. good luck on the sale

NorwalkCav2nv
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
thanks for the compliment. once again, im open to offers ;)

im considering offers on the car with the dvd player and the aftermarket rims taken off as well.

-Tyler

NSGT
07-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Tyler since your a good friend ill start the offers at 430$ since thats all I got at the moment

NorwalkCav2nv
07-26-2007, 08:46 PM
hah...u would. i love the purple fc in your sig.... it so cute :D

NorwalkCav2nv
09-08-2007, 11:33 AM
need to sell! to the top!

NorwalkCav2nv
09-22-2007, 08:30 AM
SOLD!