PDA

View Full Version : CannonBall Run + Iowa = CornBall Run

CornBall Run Staff
07-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Hello All,

I'm organizing a strategic race across Iowa. It's called CornBallRun and it's August 4th. There will be cars from all around Iowa there, but I'd love to see some CR guys show up. So put it on your schedules. The race has 1 start/finish line and 10 ceckpoint locations around the state. You choose the order and the route. First one to all 10 and back takes home the cash! Entry fee is $50 if you enter online before July 28th and $75 to enter that day. First place pays back 70% of all entry fees. Second place... Well... if you're lucky you'll get your picture on the webiste.

I know the event is coming up soon, but I just heard about your group and thought you needed to know. This is the first year for the event, and I hope to make it an annual thing. I am putting it on by myself, so there isn't a huge budget involved... in fact the budget is very small. This isn't about $.... It's about the cars, driving, and competition! So help me set up a yearly event in Iowa... where we can get everyone interested in cars... to one event and still have some performance and competition involved.

http://www.cornballrun.com

Jared

DragonUSMC
07-12-2007, 09:07 AM
This actually sounds like alot of fun... too bad for the time frame. A few of us were planning a trip to tail of the dragon about that time. =/

But some CRU people should deffinately do this!

DustinsDuster
07-12-2007, 10:23 AM
if my car had a 6 speed i would consider it, but as it sits, it just doesnt like turns.

i'll forward this to the EIFBA though, maybe some of them will be down.

DragonUSMC
07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
after looking at your June run... I'd say you should definitely spread those check points out in different areas. But then again i guess the thing did take 4 hours... so i dont know... i'd expect it to be like a day long thing. probably like at least 8 hours driving